Home

Draft Lottery Impact on 2K15

This is a discussion on Draft Lottery Impact on 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Draft Lottery Impact on 2K15

From an NBA 2K15 perspective, who would you like to see win the top 3 picks in the NBA Draft lottery and why?

My personal picks:
1) Cavs - Irving, Bennett (he still has potential), and Embiid together!
2) Kings - Wiggins, to provide some defense for a team with an already potent offensive punch.
3) Celtics - Give me Parker, who could then be sent in a package to Minnesota for K-Love.

On a side note, here are some things to consider...

The result of tonight's NBA Draft Lottery may have significant ramifications for the NBA offseason, and subsequently NBA 2K15.

Imagine the scenarios that could unfold…

- The Cavs win the #1 pick and draft Embiid, prompting LeBron to consider moving back home and forming a new big three that can contend for the remainder of his career. The Cavs instantly become the most used team in 2K15.

- The Lakers or Celtics receive a top 3 pick, and cash in on a trade with Minnesota for the disgruntled Kevin Love. Kobe cheesers get more room to operate with Love, the best floor spacing power forward in the game, stretching the defense. Or, Rondo gains the perfect pick-and-pop partner.

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 05-20-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Paulinho's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Draft Lottery Impact on 2K15

1. Cavs Irving & Embiid
2. Bucks Knight & Wiggins
3. 76ers MCW & Parker
Old 05-20-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

I don't think they will take Embiid. They have Zeller and Thompson they aren't giving up on.

Secondly, there NO WAY LEBRON IS EVER COMING BACK. Sorry bro, I'm a Cavs fan too and it isn't happening.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2014, 09:41 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
I don't think they will take Embiid. They have Zeller and Thompson they aren't giving up on.

Secondly, there NO WAY LEBRON IS EVER COMING BACK. Sorry bro, I'm a Cavs fan too and it isn't happening.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cavs draft Embiid and attempt to trade for K-Love with their other pieces. The proposed deal:

Cavs- Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Dion Waiters, and two future 1st round picks

Wolves - Kevin Love

The Cavs tried dealing for Love last season but Minnesota didn't want to deal him. Now that the Wolves pretty much have to trade him, and the Cavs might be best equipped to offer them assets.

Imagine that trio (Kyrie, Love, Embiid) from a 2K15 perspective… the Cavs would look real nice.

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 05-20-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cavs draft Embiid and attempt to trade for K-Love with their other pieces. The proposed deal:

Cavs- Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett, Dion Waiters, and two future 1st round picks

Wolves - Kevin Love

The Cavs tried dealing for Love last season but Minnesota didn't want to deal him. Now that the Wolves pretty much have to trade him, and the Cavs might be best equipped to offer them assets.

Imagine that trio from a 2K15 perspective… the Cavs would look real nice.
You can't be serious with that offer. No way the T-Wolves would even consider that. Matter of fact, why would you want Love as Cavaliers fan? He's a free agent after next season and there's no possible chance he re-signs with the Cavs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
You can't be serious with that offer. No way the T-Wolves would even consider that. Matter of fact, why would you want Love as Cavaliers fan? He's a free agent after next season and there's no possible chance he re-signs with the Cavs.
I wasn't intending for this thread to be a trade debate, but I'll respond before I bring it back to NBA 2K15.

What better offer could the Timberwolves receive from another team? Please be specific. And maybe you are not aware of trade specifics in the NBA, but often trades for stars will only occur if the player intends to sign a long term contract with the team trading for him. If Love wouldn't sign long term in Cleveland, the Cavs obviously wouldn't make the trade.

Going back to the 2K perspective, the Cavs will have a ton of assets and cap space to make them an exciting team to use in Association (or MyGM). There are plenty of trade options, and one could simply wait until the first offseason to attempt to land a top free agent, like Love. Hopefully they draft Embiid.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

As a Wolves fan, I am hoping the Cavs trade the #1 for Love and then Love walks.

The least deserving franchise gets the #1 picks 3 out of 4 years. A .007% chance of that happening. The lottery needs to go.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #8
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I wasn't intending for this thread to be a trade debate, but I'll respond before I bring it back to NBA 2K15.

What better offer could the Timberwolves receive from another team? Please be specific. And maybe you are not aware of trade specifics in the NBA, but often trades for stars will only occur if the player intends to sign a long term contract with the team trading for him. If Love wouldn't sign long term in Cleveland, the Cavs obviously wouldn't make the trade.

Going back to the 2K perspective, the Cavs will have a ton of assets and cap space to make them an exciting team to use in Association (or MyGM). There are plenty of trade options, and one could simply wait until the first offseason to attempt to land a top free agent, like Love. Hopefully they draft Embiid.
The Bulls, Warriors, Celtics and Suns (of the teams that were being mentioned in the rumors) could and would all make better offers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »