Home

(Potential) VC Solutions

This is a discussion on (Potential) VC Solutions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: (Potential) VC Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDG
I completely agree with the player editing. I find myself playing 2k strictly on my ps3 and not using my ps4 much. 2k14 on ps4 took some steps in the right direction (emotion badges, players becoming coaches, staff badges,) But i feel they regressed in the area that made me love 2k sports games in the first place: CUSTOMIZATION! No create a player, no editing while in MyGM, no editing at all when you're offline! I had to play a full 7-minute game just to unlock player rotations when i played offline, I enjoy simming and managing my team throughout the years and i feel they made that less enjoyable with the next-gen version.
Ditto for me. Next Gen 2K is a stupid good looking and is the best oncourt playing game of the series, IMO. For all of the things the game does well, it's just an enjoyable experience. All the stuff you mentioned plus the ecomotion has me excited for the future, but this VC stuff and restrictive nature 2K took is hampering the game royally for me right now. I spend all my time in the Association mode. I like to watch the league "evolve" over a few years and then jump in there. The overrated rookies (with only 20 something faces) with their crazy tendencies and progression is just terrible. And the fact that I cant change shoes or numbers on other players not on my team just killed any potential enjoyment I could have with this mode and game. The season mode allowed me a little more enjoyment but I like to build. Play now only holds you for so long. I don't like it, but at least give me an option to fix these things by simply editing my players. I know VC isn't going anywhere, but scale it back some for OFFLINE play.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

+

+

=

Old 06-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #11
Just started!

VC should be entirely optional much like MLB 14 The Show has done with Stubs. They've really gotten the idea of virtual currency down perfectly. So NBA 2k15 should have VC but it should not be such a deeply embedded thing.

For example: MLB 14 The Show has a virtual store where the Stubs (VC) can be spent for in game things. This includes Franchise budget (theres no salary cap in baseball except what an owner decides to cap themselves at), Road to the Show (Career Mode) skill points, player skill boosts and so on.

BUT the main thing about this store is that when you spend money on their Stubs (VC) you get fair value in return for the items that you purchase with Stubs.

So what NBA 2k15 should do is have an in game store that you can purchase things with in VC. They should allow you to purchase Skill Points and Salary Money (just USD earnings) for your MyCareer player. Have these two things be separate. You earn the cash monthly AND get a signing bonus for the draft. You earn skill points for training and playing and stuff.

But your VC purchases should never be 1 to 1 with skill points or cash, you should always get an obscene return in value if you spent money.

Here's how it would work in the game:
An average 2k player earns 200 skill points a game.

- To increase Speed (since its usually the most expensive skill), its about 100-200 points for one level depending on position. And goes up slightly as you get closer to the cap or 99.

- But say you spend $5 to buy 5000VC, this would allow you to purchase 5000 skill points. (I know, not perfect but lets just think about it, you are spending money after all.) 5000 skill points would allow you to do a ton of attribute increases but wouldn't allow you to max everything out 100%.

- Then we can have like a $2MM signing bonus. And players will earn however much money their contract would allow on a monthly basis. (This would also give players an incentive to reach free agency and have to decide between getting a max contract or taking less money to play with other good players).

- So that $2MM signing bonus would allow players to buy workout gear, park gear, in-game gear etc... The pricing shouldn't necessarily be for each individual piece of equipment but maybe it can be for a brand. Or it can just say something like "you need to buy in bulk so you can change your gear all the time" and make things cost $10k. Obviously it will need a more robust pricing system, and maybe there can be other things to be purchased with real money. Training facilities? Investments actually use your own money? Dialog boxes that just say your parents need a house? Friends asking for money?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
Rookie

PurplePitchers's Arena

OVR: 1

Getting rid of it would be a pretty good place to start. (never gonna happen)
Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #13
Banned

They just need to give us an Association mode that isn't tied in with VC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »