Home

NBA2K15 @ E3

This is a discussion on NBA2K15 @ E3 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #49
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA2K15 @ E3

I truly hope NBA 2k15 will be at E3.

I can’t wait to see how many VCs I have to spend to give my MyPlayer a Youtube account.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #50
Rookie

ricardo.13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
2K normally doesn't show its new NBA game at e3 so there's nothing strange.
2k usually doesn't show much this early in the summer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
It's not true, remember Kobe E3 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPjPvFu06E
Old 06-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #51
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
Personally, I have NEVER said I didn't want the 2K marketers on this site.

But you just assumed that I did.
I didn't assume you did. If you read my first post in this thread, I said:

Quote:
Haven't some of you guys (collectively) been saying you don't want the HYPE since you felt so betrayed by the game last year?
I was speaking to the overall negativity on the board, very little is positive. I didn't mean to misrepresent you but I'm guessing if I'm recalling your posts correctly you seem to be consistently negative re the game also. As such I didn't think it was an issue lumping together those that tend to be negative - just as I'd have no problems being lumped in with those that are overly positive towards the game. So I found it funny when 2K's accused of abandoning everything simulation related/only catering to casuals, or whatever else but they're accused of but still expected to attempt to woo this crowd.

The pre-release information for next-gen 2K14 was almost universally positive regarding the feature list/ what they were upgrading from last gen 2K14, the trailers released, etc. Eight months later the game is an abomination, if those that are vocal on the board are to be believed. So I don't see how there's much that they could say that this forum wouldn't shoot down. Given the negativity I don't get the idea they should be trying to hype you up even though it was likely any information would likely be rejected.

As others have said it's not like 2K's had a strong presence at E3 for a while. You mentioned they had a big presence back with 2K11 but that was 4 years ago. So I don't see how not having a heavy presence this year somehow constitutes a sign for bad things to come.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #52
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Everyone jonesing for some more 2k I see.

Sent from Plant City, Florida
Old 06-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #53
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo.13
It's not true, remember Kobe E3 2011.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPjPvFu06E
No it is true. Nice of you to leave out the fact that they're only there on stage and showing off the game because that was the debut of the Playstation Move technology. Nice work.
Old 06-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I was speaking to the overall negativity on the board, very little is positive. I didn't mean to misrepresent you but I'm guessing if I'm recalling your posts correctly you seem to be consistently negative re the game also. As such I didn't think it was an issue lumping together those that tend to be negative - just as I'd have no problems being lumped in with those that are overly positive towards the game. So I found it funny when 2K's accused of abandoning everything simulation related/only catering to casuals, or whatever else but they're accused of but still expected to attempt to woo this crowd.
With respect, I think lumping an entire group together based upon whether some (or much) of their feedback is positive or negative could be a recipe for broad generalizations and widespread misunderstandings.

For instance, hypothetically, if I have a well-reasoned argument for a shortcoming with NBA 2K, I do not particularly appreciate being blindly lumped together collectively with "you guys", grouping me with many people who might not participate in reasoned discussions. I admit I often attempt to be direct in my enjoyable discussions here but sometimes feel my reasonings are ignored, replaced with what one feels the masses feel collectively. I think that might be what Roger is referencing.

Quote:
The pre-release information for next-gen 2K14 was almost universally positive regarding the feature list/ what they were upgrading from last gen 2K14, the trailers released, etc. Eight months later the game is an abomination, if those that are vocal on the board are to be believed. So I don't see how there's much that they could say that this forum wouldn't shoot down. Given the negativity I don't get the idea they should be trying to hype you up even though it was likely any information would likely be rejected.
I do not very well recall the reception of pre-release information for next-gen so I shall take your word for it in this particular instance. I think a lot of those feelings evaporated once some folks purchased and began to grasp what 2K14 did and did not do, both in terms of direction and implementation (much of which is referenced in my post here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ba-2k15-2.html).

That said, yeah, I think this is maybe the toughest crowd I've seen on the 2K forums. I do not believe the members here will just blindly hate anything brought forth by 2K. Instead, I think 2K just may have lost a lot of the benefit of the doubt. I admit there was a part of me that used to take the stance of, "In NBA 2K I trust." As many of us were originally drawn to 2K for its simulation and authentic concepts (on and off the court), I think the recent alterations (again, mentioned in my post linked above) have added to the skepticism.

I believe folks here would be hyped if given proper reason to be. Though surely, I still think 2K's earned themselves a "Wait-and-see" approach amongst many. It's like when they revealed the Dream Team in 2K13. I was hyped because it sounded like incredible news (even acquiring Scottie Pippen after the fact). Alas, upon release it was revealed that the two Dream Teams were self-contained, forced to wear generic shoes, and were not at all editable, basically relegating them to one tiny controlled matchup with one another.

Basically, Dream Team sounded great in theory, but ultimately ended up having unforeseen shortcomings. I think people worry about that with 2K now more than they used to, particularly with a slightly limited amount of transparency from 2K's camp. Many of us are growing to learn that silence on a particular topic (in lieu of clarity) may often be cause for concern.

TL;DR - If 2K builds it, they will come. But it'll have to be legit.

Quote:
As others have said it's not like 2K's had a strong presence at E3 for a while. You mentioned they had a big presence back with 2K11 but that was 4 years ago. So I don't see how not having a heavy presence this year somehow constitutes a sign for bad things to come.
Right with ya on that one. I have very little memory of 2K ever showing much at E3. From what I recall, June is a very funny time in their production cycle, usually late enough to have their plans in order, but still much too early for anything to be implemented into a build ready to be shown at a convention.

Last edited by VDusen04; 06-18-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #55
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I didn't assume you did. If you read my first post in this thread, I said:

Personally, I'm not looking for hype. Just the opposite; I hate marketing. The product is well-known. Enough so that it doesn't need hype. I don't want to see misleading trailers with spliced together footage that looks better in motion than the actual game will. I don't want to hear about what color I can make my leg sleeves if I preorder. What I DO want is transparency. I want to know what they're working on to make the game more like the NBA. I want to know what they are fixing in relation to the debacle that is NBA 2k14 (VC implementation, missing features, free agency in My Career, game-breaking glitches, etc.). I want to know what they are addressing in terms of legacy issues. I want to know if they're going to make their AI more human-like, and how.

And if they are unable to do something, I want to know why. An explanation can go a long way if something can't be implemented.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #56
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

For the past month, I've been coming to the 2K section in hopes of seeing Steve_OS post something in red that's brand new for me to lose my marbles over, only to have my heart broken each time. I even avoid coming here for days just to try and surprise myself but What the hell is wrong with me people?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »