Home

force field around jump shooters

This is a discussion on force field around jump shooters within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0
force field around jump shooters

When I play the park or career there is an evident force field around jump shooters. It's not all the time, but I've had several instances that there is someone standing behind the line and I'm attempting to close out and my player simply will not let me get close to the shooter if the pass is in the air and when I press triangle he still won't jump towards the shooter, he jumps straight up. I even just had one where I'm standing in front of him crowding him and the game pushes me back, literally holding the left stick toward the shooter, hit triangle and all the sudden I'm 3 feet back and he drains it. So not only do shots go in too often (had a game last night where a whole team went 7/7 combined even tho I know I contested most of them) but now I don't even have the ability to play good defense? I have lockdown defender and I'm a 6'6 shooting guard.

I have videos but far too lazy to upload.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Re: force field around jump shooters

Lol.... No one has noticed this?
Old 06-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

not really, because most of the time the AI will always try to get to the bucket not actually shoot, which is the odd part
Old 06-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I actually notice this all fame every game and it is super annoying. If you are up early the game makes the losing team catch fire very quickly as well. It always has to be a close game to keep everyone interested. Well at least most of the time.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Old 06-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #5
MVP

I've noticed both of these before but I don't see the second one as much because I started sagging off a bit more. Still, the CPU makes an insane amount of threes/long 2s.
I think 2k tweaked the simulation sliders from previous installments because I never had this much of a problem guarding jumpshots in mycareer. Also, the teammate AI is perhaps the worst it has ever been, resulting in more open shots for the CPU. But that's a whole other issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
Rookie

That or it takes him 20 minutes to start running.

The amount of times I see the pass before he makes it smash the stick towards the guy the pass is done and the shot is up and I have taken like 2 steps.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:15 PM   #7
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Out of everything wrong with the game, the inability to play good defense is the most insulting and infuriating part of this game. That's why I've maybe put an hour into this game the past 2 weeks. I get my basketball craving and put the controller down after a game because this is so annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »