Home

2K Sports should be embarrassed by this game.

This is a discussion on 2K Sports should be embarrassed by this game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #41
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Sports should be embarrassed by this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
We get complaints every year. One year it's too hard to score 2k puts a patch out for the complainers and it messes something else up. The next year it's too hard to make 3's. 2k puts a patch out and it messes something else up. Bottom line is you are always gonna have complainers. People complained about live ball not being in. 2k puts it in and now the catch animations has messed up rebounding and catching passes even more.

2k is the best at making basketball games period. No other franchise has done it better or been as consistent the last 14 years.

I got a ps4 in April and been playing 2k14 next gen since then. It's a really good game for a 1st next gen title. They will surely improve over the years.

In regards to my player. I always enjoy it and this year is no different. If you play sim the game rewards you and you can have a good experience. You are not gonna win every game and I'm not the type to go for unrealistic stats. I play my position just like in real life at a real life pace and I find the mode to be rewarding (like every year since 2k 10).

This game doesn't play well online. Maybe because there are no lobbies and playing randoms usually ends up as a bad experience for "sim heads".

But as a community we tend to blame the game instead of the people playing it. There is no excuse when playing the CPU not to have a realistic experience. The tools and settings are there. Playing another human usually equals "play at your own risk". No thanks unless it's someone I know.

People need to relax and remember it's just a video game. We tend to take every defeat like it's the end of the world and come showering complaints on 2k for the way "you" choose to play a video game.

A lot of people that complain or claim to be sim really aren't. If your averaging 40pts 10rebs 9 asst and 5 blocks and 8 steals then you aren't playing at a realistic pace. Even on 12 minute quarters I've never could average that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't need subliminal disses tho..the bottom line is that the game isn't sim anymore. I play on the hardest difficulty on sim setting, 10 minute quarters and I easily get those stats...
J Rich is leading the Sixers averaging 19 a game, Nate Robinson is scoring 29 ppg....Lebron is only scoring 19 with 4 assists...that's not sim.

And as a community, yes, we can blame 2K for how people play. People wouldn't run back and forth for three, if they didn't go in so much and it wasn't so hard to play on ball d. If 2K patched that then the people couldn't do it anymore...people will always look for a cheap way to win, it's 2K's job as a company to respect their own product and not allow people to abuse mechanics.
Why do you think cars come equipped to electronically stop accelerating at a certain point? My car can probably get up to 160 but it stops at 120; yea it's my choice to be an a-hole and go fast but GM says hold up, we're not letting you go too fast. Same logic. You can't stop someone from playing like a cheeser, but you can prevent them from taking it too far...

I don't think you should call it complaining we're just trying to make the game balanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 07:12 AM   #42
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Honestly I don't see how ppl can defend this game it's so broken .

Online teamup barely work
Online leagues are broken and glitchy
The park glitches and freezes all the time
Mygm glitches yet costs vc to do basic task
All that leaves is quick match and mycareer

Gameplay wise
I'm sorry but the signature skills seem to add nothing but an arcade feel to the game. "The losing the ball " animations make NBA players look like 4th graders dribbling for the first time . Lag input on passes is annoying. Gameplay just feels like it's going backwards from 2k8-2k11. There was more focus on correct tendencies and more difference in ratings. Now it's all about equipping the most unstoppable signature skill . Also alley oops need more animations to DEFEND them. Create a player needs to return.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #43
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

I just had a 7 game losing streak on the park because people never pass the ball. You can't defend a jump shot worth a damn in this game and at least 4 games came down to the last possession where I shoot wide open or a teammate does and the other team wins by shooting with a hand in his face, mostly mine with lockdown defender. I'm taking this game back today.

Done with it.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:24 AM   #44
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
We get complaints every year. One year it's too hard to score 2k puts a patch out for the complainers and it messes something else up. The next year it's too hard to make 3's. 2k puts a patch out and it messes something else up. Bottom line is you are always gonna have complainers. People complained about live ball not being in. 2k puts it in and now the catch animations has messed up rebounding and catching passes even more.
You know what would stop the complaining? Fixing the issues without introducing new ones. You said it yourself:

Quote:
One year it's too hard to score 2k puts a patch out for the complainers and it messes something else up. The next year it's too hard to make 3's. 2k puts a patch out and it messes something else up.
So you freely admit that they keep breaking things, yet you call out "complainers" when we say something about it. Makes sense...

Quote:
2k is the best at making basketball games period. No other franchise has done it better or been as consistent the last 14 years.
That's like saying it's the brightest color in a box of dark crayons. Just because it's the "best" doesn't mean it's great.

Quote:
In regards to my player. I always enjoy it and this year is no different. If you play sim the game rewards you and you can have a good experience. You are not gonna win every game and I'm not the type to go for unrealistic stats. I play my position just like in real life at a real life pace and I find the mode to be rewarding (like every year since 2k 10).

[...]

But as a community we tend to blame the game instead of the people playing it. There is no excuse when playing the CPU not to have a realistic experience. The tools and settings are there.
You must have a magic copy of the game. It's practically impossible to play "sim" in My Career. Between the lack of playcalling, the horrible spacing, the bonehead teammate AI, psychic opposing CPU AI, overabundance of contact animations where they shouldn't be, lack of momentum and footplanting, CPU cheese, etc., it's damn near impossible to have a realistic experience.

Sure, there are single plays here and there that resemble NBA basketball. But those are few and far between. But I guess I should just not say anything about that because it's the "best" game there is.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice
I see what you're saying, but now I'm getting both ends of it. Too many 99s taking over the game, but it's not realistic for a 75 to have an impact. I'm not quite sure where to take the conflicting messaging (not your fault, of course, just trying to follow the flow of the thread) other than to say that not everyone can be happy all the time.

It's tough for me to put too much stock into The Park because it is what it is. However, in my experience in MyPlayer and MyGM, dunks are rare, alley-oops rarer, and threes are dropped frequently but not at an outrageous rate. If I tried playing like LeBron, I'd be murdered on the stat sheet. I can only speak to my own experience, though. I may just be a member of the rare breed that genuinely does not have any major issues with the gameplay.

Re: being a 64 overall and still dropping 20 a night, I guess that's where you ask yourself about the trade-off. It seems it's a question of what kind of gamers there are. It's true that MyPlayer can drop 15-20 in a shortened game while being a 75. I don't mind that. The top players still drop 30, and I don't have to play every single game for 5 years to be relevant. I can play a couple of seasons and then, if I play a smart game, be competitive. I'm not dunking all the time and raining three balls, but I put up good numbers without needing to be a 99. I don't have the time to turn my guy into a 99, so that's my type of gaming.

For those that do play every single game and slog it out, then I can see how my experience is unsatisfying and maybe even a bit cheap. But it's also based on the somewhat unrealistic understanding that a) all rookies gradually get better at everything over time and all end up as superstars, and b) all rookies will eventually get the playing time to do that if they suck early in their careers. Some rookies dominate early. Some flame out. Some do eventually build up, and some ride a roller coaster. I don't envy a company that tries to incorporate all of that into one game, especially when you added a variety of different types of players pulling it into a variety of different directions. I guess sliders are the easiest way to combat that, but if they're not working, I'm not 100% sure where they go next.
I agree, I dont put to much stock in The Park because it's suppose to be fun for all. As far a low rated players dropping 20+ a night I understand why 2K made this decision. Early versions of My Player took too long to build your player up, I think people were complaining about how long it took to build up your player and as a result many didn't even finish one season of that mode.
A lot of people don't have time to spend hours upon hours building up their My Player, if most people are like me, they don't even get past the first season of My Player because we get bored doing the same thing over and over and over again, it's takes too long then something else catches my interest. The way My Player is now is better, because you have something different to look forward too after every game which makes me wanna come back and play it again and again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

In a way, I guess this is no different than politics. Once a party gets elected, they need to see how much they can try to give their opponents before pissing off their loyal base. The 2K brand was the saviour of the sport gaming world when they first hit the mainstream, and now they're evolving. 2K is likely just trying to see how many casual sports gamers they can get to drop money on the game before they lose the fan base on which they rely. Perhaps we're nearing that tipping point.

If the game genuinely does piss you off, then I say sure, bring it back. Maybe 2K will take it as a sign and maybe they won't, but either way, 60 bucks is too much money to spend on anything that makes you miserable.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:48 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I've seen several people mention 2k10 and 2k11. Isn't it funny to the few people who've defended this year's title that these versions are still being brought up? That's the issue I have... We're constantly arguing over the little nuances of what is wrong with this game.

My biggest complaints are that defense used to be better. Passing used to be better. Hell, even dunking used to be more enjoyable until they came up with posterizer. It used to be too hard to drive the paint consistently (see 2k12) and now it's a walk in the park. When playing defense very often does the computer quite literally take over your controller and throw you in an animation to get dunked on or pushed out of the way for them to make an easy contested layup. Anyone who plays the game in any facet understands there's no such thing as an "easy" contested layup. However, I digress.

Beef up the defense (again, we cried for this for years ever since they got rid of the defense "lock" symbol. See 2k8 and 2k9) and fix the passing. Make it harder to score in the paint and make it where we can FORCE someone to shoot outside jumpers instead of that being their main focus and I really believe you can appease everyone if you tip the scales even slightly in this direction.
Excelent post!!!

I can understand why 2k people is trying to please casuals, even if you ask me I think it is a clever business decision, but not at the expense of killing all simguys hopes...

At least in the past you could create online leagues with all kind of tools and custom sliders, but in next gen this year it is not possible anymore, and the core gameplay is horrendous for those who love Basketball and NBA... I hate to score 70-80+ in 6 mins quarters, that's not Basketball nowadays...

After this 2k14 "next gen" fiasco, I promised myself I will never purchase a basketball videogame again until NBA basketball is respected for what it is, and not for what casuals enjoy the most...

Cheers! ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 07-03-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #48
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

I feel they should have taken me out to dinner atleast.
I've never been this upset after buying a game, but damn this is
crazy. I'm gonna check my reciept and see if I can get my $ back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »