Home

You Want To Help Fix The 2K Series? Let's Do It Here!

This is a discussion on You Want To Help Fix The 2K Series? Let's Do It Here! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 12:32 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: You Want To Help Fix The 2K Series? Let's Do It Here!

transition/fastbreak defense slider

the defense on trans/fastbreak has been awful in 2k
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 04:18 AM   #66
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
MyGM/Association:

Separate the two.

I don't care what is gonna be done with MyGM if there is a separate Association mode.

But as far as Association goes, everything we had before. We just need the new CBA, D-League, Summer League, Sign and Trades, players willing to take pay cuts to bring in talent, differences in market sizes, and realistic team building, and a weekly highlight/news show wouldnt hurt.

Star players should NEVER sign with small market teams, EVER. I don't know why this always happens. Just because a team has money doesn't automatically mean they should attract big FAs.

A players market value should depend on his statistically production, not his OVR rating. I'd actually be okay if we had an option to completely hide player ratings and let us just go off statistics and advance statistics to decide how good a player is. That's how its done in real life right? I'd be completely cool with an option for something like that in Association. "Player Ratings: Overall/Statistics"
This is a very good idea. Get rid of overall, AI teams should judge free agents based on production, age, and percieved potential (maybe keep the letter grades for potential).

Last edited by Melbournelad; 07-15-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:47 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 2

Great Stuff in this thread...

What I am most interested in is ONLINE user vs user competition (neither ranked nor park games…) so I felt in love with 2k with its 2k8…2k11 online leagues basically, and that is, to my book, the most looked down feature in the last iterations of the game.

In my opinion what NBA 2K lacks the most is DEFENSE:
- On ball defense (impossible due to the input lag and sluggish animations)
- Defense in the Paint (even not skilled big men can trash you if your opponent know how to cheese)
- Transition defense (too easy and too effective to run and gun even of you choose the limit transition POE)
- Impact on FG% of great defenders (they can not limit superstars, neither in the perimeter nor in the paint)
- Team defense (no matter the team, a user with basketball knowledge should be able to stop any cheeser with the right strategy)

At the end of the day I don’t think NBA 2k will be a real (or even a good) simulator until the devs implement better defense. Any coach/gm in 2k should be able (if he plays clever enough, of course) to win a championship with a great defensive team the same way he can do it now only with a great offensive team, definitely Offense vs Defense is not correctly balanced in this game…

Cheers! ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 07-15-2014 at 04:52 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #68
Rookie

Now, I know we have a wishlist thread, but that's not what this is devs, so please don't close this thread.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #69
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Alright guys, I've put together the first copy of our board effort fix list.

I tried to get everyones ideas in there without making it too cluttered. Although there were a few EXCELLENT posts in here that were fairly long that I'd like to give there own standalone section in the document.

For now, this is what we have, and for a first copy, I think we have a pretty darn good start. I'm posting it here for everyone to take a look, then I'll be forwarding it to LD2K and hopefully he'll give it a look!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
i hate to be that guy, but if we are sending a letter to 2k, Can we not start off with a typo?

"We HEAR At"

Com'on Man. Lmao. other wise, nice list so far.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #70
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Great Stuff in this thread...

What I am most interested in is ONLINE user vs user competition (neither ranked nor park games…) so I felt in love with 2k with its 2k8…2k11 online leagues basically, and that is, to my book, the most looked down feature in the last iterations of the game.

In my opinion what NBA 2K lacks the most is DEFENSE:
- On ball defense (impossible due to the input lag and sluggish animations)
- Defense in the Paint (even not skilled big men can trash you if your opponent know how to cheese)
- Transition defense (too easy and too effective to run and gun even of you choose the limit transition POE)
- Impact on FG% of great defenders (they can not limit superstars, neither in the perimeter nor in the paint)
- Team defense (no matter the team, a user with basketball knowledge should be able to stop any cheeser with the right strategy)

At the end of the day I don’t think NBA 2k will be a real (or even a good) simulator until the devs implement better defense. Any coach/gm in 2k should be able (if he plays clever enough, of course) to win a championship with a great defensive team the same way he can do it now only with a great offensive team, definitely Offense vs Defense is not correctly balanced in this game…

Cheers! ;-)
Add this in gameplay!

Also add an online leagues return, with all the features that were in nba2k11 via web administration, and that we want full customization of the leagues: reset games, decide games, sliders, quarters length, custom rosters, diff level, open schedule, etc.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #71
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Gameplay:

Just get rid of the Sig skills. Once upon a time 2k played extremely realistically. Poster dunks and flashy passes happened at realistic rates, and great players could be stopped with great defensive strategies and execution via Defensive Settings and stick skills. Now posters happen every 3 times down the court, there are controls for flashy passes (Which is 100% unnecessary, imo), and players are constantly getting their ankles shredded because people spam the dribbling stick with Ankle Breakers. Sig Skills completely nullify any stick skills and leave you at the mercy of RPG-like characteristics. Thats not basketball man, and its extremely frustrating to play when I KNOW 2k was so much better than this. Lebron's finishing is already like 120, why give him a skill that boosts it even more to a 150? Its just redundant, and they need to be removed for realism's sake. I can't call this game a basketball SIM if these are present.

I've been saying this for a while in other threads, but I'm going to say it again:

Bring back the Isomotion controls. Those controls WERE 2k. It had the perfect balance between learning curve and intuitiveness. It took skill to master. I had to lab in practice mode for HOURS before I was comfortable taking my skills online. I feel like this could easily be done simply by taking Flashy Passing off of LT/L2, because that doesn't need its own control. I feel like the animations ran so much smoother with this control scheme. Animations now are so choppy because there's that gap between a dribble move while tapping the stick, and a shot while holding the stick. So if I wanted to do a spin jumper, my player does a spin dribble move first, then he's like "Oh wait, you held the stick.", then he starts a WHOLE NEW animation for the spin jumper...its just not smooth. You guys have stuffed way too much on the right stick. Bring back Isomotion, or at least have it as an option.

MyCareer:

It just needs to be realistic. Plain and simple. Draft combine, Summer League, Training Camp, D-League...why move backwards by taking those things out? If i'm a rookie drafted mid/late first round, then let me be a rookie. Let me come off the bench. Why is my coach telling me to score 10 straight points? Why do my teammates act like they can't function without me? Why is Kobe my teammate, but he's deferring to me? The selfishness that is promoted in this mode is a huge turn off for me. It pains me going on twitter and seeing people bragging about how they are averaging 67-15-10 per game as a rookie, then Ronnie or LD2k retweet them, like thats the way things are supposed to be....

And VC shouldn't replace salary. Eww.

MyGM/Association:

Separate the two.

I don't care what is gonna be done with MyGM if there is a separate Association mode.

But as far as Association goes, everything we had before. We just need the new CBA, D-League, Summer League, Sign and Trades, players willing to take pay cuts to bring in talent, differences in market sizes, and realistic team building, and a weekly highlight/news show wouldnt hurt.

Star players should NEVER sign with small market teams, EVER. I don't know why this always happens. Just because a team has money doesn't automatically mean they should attract big FAs.

A players market value should depend on his statistically production, not his OVR rating. I'd actually be okay if we had an option to completely hide player ratings and let us just go off statistics and advance statistics to decide how good a player is. That's how its done in real life right? I'd be completely cool with an option for something like that in Association. "Player Ratings: Overall/Statistics"

Online:

We just need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL of the servers. That probably the biggest issue in this whole series right now. If we are gonna have to be connected to the servers at all times for VC purposes, can we at least have good servers? Its like inviting your friends over to your house for drinks, but you don't have a house.

Crew mode would be nice, I never really got deep into that, but I know it has a huge following.

Lobbies need to return.

And I'd like to have a Group/Community feature in the game also. Let people create Communities based on interests or location, like "Lakers fans" or "East Carolina University Students" (My school lol). That would allow us to pinpoint the type of people we want to play with...you guys know where I'm going with this. We could then create a "Operation Sports" community and get the Sim games we are looking for instead of gambling in Quick Ranked and getting cheesers 98% of the time. Just a idea.

I really want 2k to get back to the basketball pinnacle. But they are gonna have to really sit down and analyze exactly what has gone wrong the past couple years.
Disagree with this completely. I do understand the logic but there are a FEW reasons a Elite FA would sign with a small market team, and Lebron is a prime example of 1. If a players hometown/college is in a small market it should be considered, if that small market team is a perennial championship contender it should also be taken into consideration.

I don't want to compile a big list but while I agree it should be more complex to sign elite FA there should be a LOGIC built in as to why they would sign with a small market team. I kinda liked the way NCAA football had it when trying to recruit 5 star recruits, maybe they valued coaches, or prestige, fanbase, ETC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #72
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
Disagree with this completely. I do understand the logic but there are a FEW reasons a Elite FA would sign with a small market team, and Lebron is a prime example of 1. If a players hometown/college is in a small market it should be considered, if that small market team is a perennial championship contender it should also be taken into consideration.

I don't want to compile a big list but while I agree it should be more complex to sign elite FA there should be a LOGIC built in as to why they would sign with a small market team. I kinda liked the way NCAA football had it when trying to recruit 5 star recruits, maybe they valued coaches, or prestige, fanbase, ETC
This would be the only exception. Hometowns. But think about it, how often does that really happen? RARELY. Lebron went back to Cleveland sure, but what other big name stars ever went to small market teams to play?

Its known that big market teams teams attract the superstars, and win titles that way, while small market teams build through the draft and acquire solid players (not really stars) to win. OKC is a PRIME example.

This should be represented in the game. Melo has no business in Utah, Lebron has no business in Milwaukee. Period.

I agreed that there should be a hometown script were players later in their careers would like to return home to play, but I'm skeptical at even this because we all know 2k likes to overdo things like this.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »