Home

Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

This is a discussion on Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2014, 01:26 PM   #49
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
I probably know more about pharrell then you, my point is we are not getting the old pharrell, we're getting this corny one with songs like happy. I'm cool, I like pharrell but I don't want him doing a basketball video game soundtrack.

Hard to believe you know more about him than me after making that comment...

and if you know him I would think you'd know the "new" Pharrell is still producing for a variety of artists, hip hop and otherwise..."Happy" is just a single of his personal album..

basketball is just as rooted in jazz and soul as if is in hip hop....so I don't think it should be limited to any category anyway, just want to hear good music...
Old 07-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #50
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack - Official Cover Art Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Hard to believe you know more about him than me after making that comment...

and if you know him I would think you'd know the "new" Pharrell is still producing for a variety of artists, hip hop and otherwise..."Happy" is just a single of his personal album..

basketball is just as rooted in jazz and soul as if is in hip hop....so I don't think it should be limited to any category anyway, just want to hear good music...
I agree with you 100%. I want good music while playing the game but honestly I don't see it adding Pharrell. Just opinions, I'll probably just end up turning every song off.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #51
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

I like the cover art and I'm some what intrigued by Pharrell "curating" the soundtrack. Hoping it's a big, eclectic sounding soundtrack than what we've seen in 2K13 & 2K14.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 01:38 PM   #52
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Thank you Two Four. Beat me to it.
I answered your question and you wanted to say something similar to that? So you were looking for a moment to stick up for 2K? Bruh, I see your ways on this forum. Attack the Live game. Defend the 2K game. I'm really not that guy. I'm on my chill.

But switching lanes - the reason for Barkley being omitted was unclear. Back to my original thought - 2K can find a deal to get Grammy winning producers to pick songs for their soundtrack but can't find a way to come to agreement to put NBA legends in the game.

You do know there is a thing called negotiations, right?

Edit: And I don't mind Pharrell being in the game - I'm a hip hop fan so its a win for me - except if they add 'Happy' ... seriously ....

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 07-15-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:37 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I answered your question and you wanted to say something similar to that? So you were looking for a moment to stick up for 2K? Bruh, I see your ways on this forum. Attack the Live game. Defend the 2K game. I'm really not that guy. I'm on my chill.

But switching lanes - the reason for Barkley being omitted was unclear. Back to my original thought - 2K can find a deal to get Grammy winning producers to pick songs for their soundtrack but can't find a way to come to agreement to put NBA legends in the game.

You do know there is a thing called negotiations, right?

Edit: And I don't mind Pharrell being in the game - I'm a hip hop fan so its a win for me - except if they add 'Happy' ... seriously ....
For whatever it's worth, I recall Charles Barkley doing a radio interview just prior to the 2K13 release and he stated (in a roundabout way) that he does not like having his name used by the NBA. I believe he was not in favor of the manner with which they treated retired players monetarily (referring to others - such as teammates - not himself).

I think Barkley said he initially opted out of 2K13's Dream Team approach, asking for more money (that he said he wanted to contribute to the retired players) than 2K was willing or able to pay, well beyond what they offered other stars. Finally, Barkley admitted that it was a personal phone call from Jay-Z that led him to signing with 2K for a year. I think he said something along the lines of, "You don't say no to Jay-Z."

In short, I think some players just do not want to participate, whether the money is right or not. 2K has a very large portion of the NBA's greatest players and their teams so I'm always thankful for that. I'm still with you about potentially adding at least a few other teams though (say, the 2000 Lakers, 2007 Warriors, 2007 Celtics, etc.).
Old 07-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #54
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta
I think the the song thing matter because no one want to shorten a already short soundtrack.

Anyways I personally don't mind but I don't get 2k's mind set on doing this. I mean people hated that in 2k13 with Jay Z so why do it again?

Also that cover is terrible.

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Tapatalk 2
It isn't Jay Z though, so they aren't doing it again. When they mention System of a Down as having a track on it, I don't think you'll have to worry about to many songs like Happy.

As for the shorten an already short soundtrack, it says largest soundtrack to date. So once again, I'm not seeing anything to worry about.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #55
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Been a fan of the guy since the early 2000s. You gotta give it to 2K for their media presentation, they just get the best in the business!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #56
Rookie

MAGboyswifT27's Arena

OVR: 7
Pharell is a great producer and like some of the comments I've read in this thread, this should bring the soundtrack game up a lot like it used to be. His music would be diverse as well with Hip Hop, Alternative, etc he's very well rounded in the music industry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »