Home

3rd year that broken play calling has not been addressed....

This is a discussion on 3rd year that broken play calling has not been addressed.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
3rd year that broken play calling has not been addressed....

This has to be a priority for 15. If your gonna allow people run around all day long in a 1-3-1 defensive 3 second zone then I need for my plays to stick and not go away every time I bring them up.

I could run my plays all day long in 2k11 but since then things have been down hill. You guys had such a beautiful simulation aspect in 2k11 I don't know what happen since. Not saying it was perfect but it was 2 times better.

Also bring back the ability to be able to choose who I want to post/get open/or cut to the basket. That is basketball fundamentals and a good way to take advantage of mismatches. You guys went away from that for whatever reason. Please bring it back.

I'm sick of the 1-3-1 defensive 3 second zones. The spacing in the game is already horrendous as is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 3rd year that broken play calling has not been addressed....

& bring back custom playbooks for online
Old 07-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I understand why zones are in the game because some teams go zone out of a trap for a couple possessions, but never all game..let alone even half a quarter...

They either need to find a way to make zones less effective or take them out.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

OVR: 2

Current Gen, was perfect for online, cuz you can switch up plays, even with the 2 minute, time limit smh, but it was something, Nxt Gen 2k14, that option was removed, cuz the game was rushed out the door, for Nxt gen consoles release, so we went thru the motions of 2k14 Nxt Gen, but now We really need full customization of playbooks online, and Practice Play Mode, is a must to return, for competiton, of Online Assc. we need this
Old 07-26-2014, 06:37 AM   #5
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

If all the plays/playbook stuff could be re-implemented and improved in the game...customization is basic for us, the non-casual players. With nba2k15 we will see if we are an actual target for 2k/VC. 2 month and we'll know

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
This has to be a priority for 15. If your gonna allow people run around all day long in a 1-3-1 defensive 3 second zone then I need for my plays to stick and not go away every time I bring them up.

I could run my plays all day long in 2k11 but since then things have been down hill. You guys had such a beautiful simulation aspect in 2k11 I don't know what happen since. Not saying it was perfect but it was 2 times better.

Also bring back the ability to be able to choose who I want to post/get open/or cut to the basket. That is basketball fundamentals and a good way to take advantage of mismatches. You guys went away from that for whatever reason. Please bring it back.

I'm sick of the 1-3-1 defensive 3 second zones. The spacing in the game is already horrendous as is.

Am I the only one who noticed that 1-3-1 prevents you from calling/makes it hard for you to call for a pick as opposed to other defenses. I've noticed my men ignoring some of my commands when facing 1-3-1.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #7
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Am I the only one who noticed that 1-3-1 prevents you from calling/makes it hard for you to call for a pick as opposed to other defenses. I've noticed my men ignoring some of my commands when facing 1-3-1.
I think it has to do with the off-ball contact animations. If the screener runs into someone on the way to set the screen, they just kinda forget what they were trying to do and go back to their spot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »