Home

Does 2k14 pick who wins the game?

This is a discussion on Does 2k14 pick who wins the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #25
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Does 2k14 pick who wins the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Teams adjust during the course of a game that's what you do early doesn't work later.
complete truth.

at halftime the CPU team hits the roids and then comes out and turns your difficulty up ^^

20+ point lead at half time or just expect the loss.. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #26
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Man this BS game. I was beating this dude and was playing really crazy . Dribbling in circles until he got free but it didn't work at first.

Then third quarter came. My player kept fumbling easy passes that middle schoolers could catch. Open threes kept missing. I could only score inside. He's hitting contested 3's and throwing long court passes like crazy without fumbling. My FG % dropped to 30% compared to the 68% in the first half. He shot 36% the first half and over 50% in the third quarter .

4th quarter came and I managed to put him away geting my FG% back up over 50 % and his was around 40% .

I wasn't even happy about the win because the game was so frustrating . I understand the game has runs but Jeez I might have to skip 2k15 for my blood pressure's sake.

You just have to find different people to play assuming this was quick match?

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #27
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
You just have to find different people to play assuming this was quick match?
You are Correct sir. Kind of why I stopped playing 1 vs 1 and primarily teamup

Stuff like this doesn't help either
https://www.youtube.com/embed/uouJPxf85yE
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 07-22-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:44 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
I want to see a video of you missing 10 A- FTs in one game.

I think this is all one of those things like "The light ALWAYS turns red when I come up to it." You notice the red lights a lot more because they hinder you. You could go through the same light 50 times on green and it won't even register in your brain because you just keep going...it's "supposed to happen." Most of the time you are focused on other things from the day, so like I said, it doesn't register.

But now you HAVE to stop at the red light and your life comes to a halt. This instance stick out more in your memory because it was a blocked path. You had to stop, and had time to think about it. It stays with you, and turns into.."Of COURSE...I ALWAYS get stopped at this light...", even though you went through it 10 times the day before with no red.
I have no reason to lie. Theres a different between something like a red light that changes in an instant, to something you can take your time on like a free throw. Come on now. I used to record ALL of my games. But this silly *** sway of good shots, I don't even record this **** anymore. For the record. I know for a FACT i missed atleast 8 straight free throws atleast. and we aren't even talking about the and ones. but fouls while I'm driving free throws.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
You are Correct sir. Kind of why I stopped playing 1 vs 1 and primarily teamup

Stuff like this doesn't help either
https://www.youtube.com/embed/uouJPxf85yE
This was a bad example. This obviously was user error and a bad pass. The animation may have been funky, but the guy clearly threw the pass with Lewis' back turned.

Bad pass. Turnover.

Now don't get me wrong, 2k can definite do a better job with their momentum system and there's a lot of BS that can happen user vs user. But this video isn't a great example of said BS.

I recently lost a game at the end where I missed a wide open layup and then a dunk on back to back possessions that would of sealed a win. My opponent hit 2 threes in a row with a good contest. I've played 2k long enough that I don't even get mad about stuff like this anymore. I just play. You win some and you lose some. Whatever.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #30
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
This was a bad example. This obviously was user error and a bad pass. The animation may have been funky, but the guy clearly threw the pass with Lewis' back turned.

Bad pass. Turnover.

Now don't get me wrong, 2k can definite do a better job with their momentum system and there's a lot of BS that can happen user vs user. But this video isn't a great example of said BS.

I recently lost a game at the end where I missed a wide open layup and then a dunk on back to back possessions that would of sealed a win. My opponent hit 2 threes in a row with a good contest. I've played 2k long enough that I don't even get mad about stuff like this anymore. I just play. You win some and you lose some. Whatever.
You don't really want to open that can of worms, do you?
Old 07-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
You don't really want to open that can of worms, do you?
I really don't know what you are talking about. It was a bad example. Feel free to explain how it is the game's fault that the user threw a pass to a player with their back turned. Like I said the animation was a bit weird, but it's a video game.

So go ahead and "open that can of worms..."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #32
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32
I really don't know what you are talking about. It was a bad example. Feel free to explain how it is the game's fault that the user threw a pass to a player with their back turned. Like I said the animation was a bit weird, but it's a video game.

So go ahead and "open that can of worms..."
Well, we can start with "bad pass" because Lewis's back was turned. Players pick off passes with their back to it all the time, both human and CPU. There is no field of vision in the game, so that's no excuse.

Second, even if there was a field of vision to account for, a mildly intelligent person wouldn't have their back to the ball in that situation; they would backpedal or side step, as they weren't making any kind of cut. That clip was a glaring example of sub-par AI programming.

The user was penalized for something out of their control. They didn't try to force the ball to a covered player, or pass through traffic. It was a simple three-foot pass to an open teammate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »