Home

PS4 version Microtransactions

This is a discussion on PS4 version Microtransactions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #9
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: PS4 version Microtransactions

First off let me say that I never spent the first cent on purchasing VC. I just played the game, used the free codes they gave away and occasionally used the app and I had more than enough... too much really. I'm strictly a MyGm only player and the most annoying thing about VC to me is that if you actually play the game you end up with way too much of it and you end up building your team into a Super Team. I wish there was a way to actually reverse the boost that you get from acquiring stuff and still keep your staff happy, but it's either one or the other.

Other than that the VC outrage was largely overblown, in my opinion. Things like managing your rotation, you can unlock after playing one game. Sure it's ridiculous that they have that at all, but just play one game and you never have to worry about it again. Also, once you enter the first game you can manage your roster how you see fit, so it's really not even that big of a deal.

I also never used VC for stuff that I considered "cheats" like influencing other GM's in trades or convincing players to sign a lesser contract. It just felt cheap. I mainly just used it when the coach wanted me to upgrade a facility, so that they would stay happy. I ended up with a good 60-70k that I never even used because I didn't want to spend it on making the game to easy. Honestly, I don't mind VC too much I just wish that it was implemented a little better.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-29-2014, 11:44 AM   #10
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't buy it, wait til 2k15.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
First off let me say that I never spent the first cent on purchasing VC. I just played the game, used the free codes they gave away and occasionally used the app and I had more than enough... too much really. I'm strictly a MyGm only player and the most annoying thing about VC to me is that if you actually play the game you end up with way too much of it and you end up building your team into a Super Team. I wish there was a way to actually reverse the boost that you get from acquiring stuff and still keep your staff happy, but it's either one or the other.

Other than that the VC outrage was largely overblown, in my opinion. Things like managing your rotation, you can unlock after playing one game. Sure it's ridiculous that they have that at all, but just play one game and you never have to worry about it again. Also, once you enter the first game you can manage your roster how you see fit, so it's really not even that big of a deal.

I also never used VC for stuff that I considered "cheats" like influencing other GM's in trades or convincing players to sign a lesser contract. It just felt cheap. I mainly just used it when the coach wanted me to upgrade a facility, so that they would stay happy. I ended up with a good 60-70k that I never even used because I didn't want to spend it on making the game to easy. Honestly, I don't mind VC too much I just wish that it was implemented a little better.
I can see how it would bother a simulation gamer more than a play every game gamer.

Whats the deal with free codes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tms202
I can see how it would bother a simulation gamer more than a play every game gamer.

Whats the deal with free codes?
2k would occasionally give away free codes from 1000 to 10,000 VC. The 10k was on Christmas if I recall correctly. However, the codes have an expiration date and I'm not sure if they're still doing them since I haven't played 2k in a few months.

There's also an MyNBA2K14 app. On the app each day there's a Daily Bonus VC game where you you can pick VC and get anywhere from 800-1500 (iirc) for free, just by picking a box. Just do it one time and you should have enough to unlock your rotation, although I can't exactly remember how much VC it takes to do that since I unlocked mine the day the PS4's were released

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-29-2014, 12:07 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
2k would occasionally give away free codes from 1000 to 10,000 VC. The 10k was on Christmas if I recall correctly. However, the codes have an expiration date and I'm not sure if they're still doing them since I haven't played 2k in a few months.

There's also an MyNBA2K14 app. On the app each day there's a Daily Bonus VC game where you you can pick VC and get anywhere from 800-1500 (iirc) for free, just by picking a box. Just do it one time and you should have enough to unlock your rotation, although I can't exactly remember how much VC it takes to do that since I unlocked mine the day the PS4's were released
Wow the last one they put out was only available for 3 days.

You can get ****in Mewtwo in a pokemon game from Nintendo for at least a week.

2k is turning into real douchers
Old 07-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #14
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
By soon, I mean this week. And because I really wanna play a basketball game, its like a crazy itch I've gotta scratch. But for roster moves? Really?

Honestly that's ****ing horrible. Seeing as how accessories were free just two years ago.

Even in association mode, you still need VC for accessories? You need VC to trade for players and such?
You don't need VC to change accessories in MyGM, just MyCareer. You don't need VC to trade players, but it's 1000VC to unlock the ability to change your rotation.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:07 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
You don't need VC to change accessories in MyGM, just MyCareer. You don't need VC to trade players, but it's 1000VC to unlock the ability to change your rotation.
Is it possible to create and edit draft classes/rosters in MyGM? And to what extent?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #16
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Is it possible to create and edit draft classes/rosters in MyGM? And to what extent?
I haven't done too much in MyGM, and I haven't played past the first season yet, so I'm not sure about draft classes for future years. But you can download custom draft classes when you first start the mode I believe. You can also use a custom roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »