Home

Classic teams in 2k15: Will they comeback ? Do you want them back ? Will we get more?

This is a discussion on Classic teams in 2k15: Will they comeback ? Do you want them back ? Will we get more? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2014, 11:54 AM   #25
MVP

LeBronistheKing's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Classic teams in 2k15: Will they comeback ? Do you want them back ? Will we get m

With the LeBron homecoming now would be a great time to add some of those old Cavaliers teams. My ideal would be 2004 Cavs just to have rookie LeBron. Throw in the 2007 team since they went to the NBA Finals and it would be a great opportunity to add the 2007 Spurs as well. Then I would add the 66 win 2009 Cavaliers, LeBron's first MVP season and almost the whole roster is still in the game. I was hoping for different LeBron led classic teams last year since he was the cover athlete, but with these next generation hardware and graphics I would be very interested to have the ability to play as those three Cavaliers teams. Also the idea of making classic teams as downloadable content seems like a reasonable thing that I wouldn't be opposed to. Maybe something like Madden did in the past. Or possibly era, decade, or player specific team packs. That way you could download the combination of teams you wanted based on your preferences. For example an "Era" pack of the Original Celtics era, which would offer classic teams from majority or all of their championship seasons and their Finals opponents. The Celtics "Big three" era of the 80s, Showtim
e Lakers, 90s Chicago Bulls, 2000s Lakers, 2000s Spurs basically all the multiple schampionship Dynasty teams and their Finals opponents. Player specific team packs so that way great players who were not on championship teams can get their due as well. Have a Iverson pack 97 SIxers, 2001 Sixers, and his later Nuggets teams with Carmelo. Tracy Mcgrady pack the Toronto rookie team with Vince Carter, The Orlando teams, and the Rockets. The LeBron James pack with Rookie 2004 Cavaliers, 2006 Cavaliers, 2007 Cavaliers, 2009 Cavaliers, and 2012 Miami Heat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Classic teams in 2k15: Will they comeback ? Do you want them back ? Will we get m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Great post. You know what might further this cause for future iterations is a thread where you guys who are inclined list out the teams that are already possible with the players they have now.

Then when making that point LD2K or anyone else would have a thread they can point to with all that info right there. Just a thought.

Again great post
Good call. I'll see what I can whip together.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Good call. I'll see what I can whip together.
2004 lakers is pretty much in the game and 2006 suns
George Gervin
James Worthy
Larry Nance

Greg Anthony
Dell Curry
Gerald Wallace(rookie)
Tom Bullard
Robert Parish
Jeff Turner
Robert PACKMAN
Old 07-31-2014, 01:35 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 0

I have a feeling a lot of new teams are coming. Tmac and Vince Carter's raptors. Or tmac with the magic. The big three of Boston will be there. I HOPE WE CAN FINALLY USE CLASSIC COURTS IN MYTEAM!

Follow me on Twitter!
Http://twitter.com/cantrellchad
Old 07-31-2014, 03:16 PM   #29
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csquared
I have a feeling a lot of new teams are coming. Tmac and Vince Carter's raptors. Or tmac with the magic. The big three of Boston will be there. I HOPE WE CAN FINALLY USE CLASSIC COURTS IN MYTEAM!
I really hope you are right!
Old 07-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #30
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

I would like them back but give me new teams, I am tired of having the same teams. Easier said than done but ever year they should switch a few of the classic teams with teams we haven't had before.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:38 PM   #31
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
I'd imagine it is a lot easier to get the rights to a single team under contract like the euro teams, than it would be for historic teams where you have to negotiate with each player individually.

That is the main reason I've always been pessimistic about more Classic teams being included. Bargaining with individuals who have the right to ask for anything they want (Or like Charles Barkley and Reggie Miller just not wanting to be included) makes that process pretty hard. I'm all for them but I always practice a "Glass half empty" mentality with them..Enjoy them while I can..

To the person who asked would I pay for them as DLC the answer is yes. Having an option to download 1 or 2 teams in a pack for an additional 5 bucks isn't much damage and may help them earn cash to go out and spend for more legends.... I did the same thing in injustice to use batgirl, lobo, etc.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 07:11 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 10

That's why I'm preaching screw negotiating/paying for player rights, especially when it results in incomplete rosters anyway....instead, make available the tools (a la MLB The Show, PES soccer, The Golf Tour, etc) and let the community create players, teams, seasons, etc.

One can dream...Freedom is a birthright, tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »