Home

Association vs MyGM

This is a discussion on Association vs MyGM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which did you prefer?
Association 102 91.89%
MyGM 9 8.11%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Association vs MyGM

I disliked MyGM so much, I actually traded in my 2K for Xbox One and re-bought 2K for Xbox 360 a while back.

Took a while to adjust to the shock of going back to old graphics, but I really missed Association mode... I was stuck playing MyPlayer (which I'm not a big fan of) and single seasons with fantasy drafts on XB1... I also had some fun with Park mode, but the bugs drove me away.

I've bought the game every year dating back to 2K7 (didn't have a dreamcast and was a Live guy before the 360 came out!)... I won't be buying this year's game unless I get some info saying that MyGM/Association/whatevertheycallit is different for XB1/PS4 and I'm not buying it for 360 regardless.

I also gotta say how fed up I am with how microtransactions have taken over this series. I stopped following Ronnie2K on twitter cause I got sick of seeing posts about MyTeam crap 24/7.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:08 AM   #34
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez7
I disliked MyGM so much, I actually traded in my 2K for Xbox One and re-bought 2K for Xbox 360 a while back.

Took a while to adjust to the shock of going back to old graphics, but I really missed Association mode... I was stuck playing MyPlayer (which I'm not a big fan of) and single seasons with fantasy drafts on XB1... I also had some fun with Park mode, but the bugs drove me away.

I've bought the game every year dating back to 2K7 (didn't have a dreamcast and was a Live guy before the 360 came out!)... I won't be buying this year's game unless I get some info saying that MyGM/Association/whatevertheycallit is different for XB1/PS4 and I'm not buying it for 360 regardless.

I also gotta say how fed up I am with how microtransactions have taken over this series. I stopped following Ronnie2K on twitter cause I got sick of seeing posts about MyTeam crap 24/7.
Yeah the Ronnie2K twitter is nothing but RTs of dudes who caved in and bought a bunch of VC to complete a MyTeam collection or RTs of peoples pre-order receipts
Old 08-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

MyGM

I like being able to control the prices of things, I like seeing how my attendance is doing, I like that if my team isn't doing well there's a penalty, I like that there are different owners and they all have different goals, I like the goals and expectations they set at the beginning of the year. I like the fact coaches actually have purpose now. I wish they would add more elements to running your team like adding seats to the arena or advertising if your teams bad or trying to get a player in to the allstar game etc like how MLB The Show used to do.

The VC in MyGM is vastly overblown, you literally need it one time. After your first game if you don't want to use VC you don't have to. The mode isn't dependent on it like people make it seem.

Are there somethings I don't like? Yeah I hate that player role is forced on when it sucks, I hate that I can't force trades so that Lebron/Carmelo doesn't go to Orlando or Philly or that I can't fix contracts to add extension

Association had gotten stale, ideally they would take the ideas that are part of association(30 teams, force trades, customization of players in seasons, ability to turn off player role) and add that to MyGM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Association. Please 2K, if you're out there, please bring Association back. I can't stomach a second year of MyGM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »