Home

2K Sports doesn't care about the Online Community

This is a discussion on 2K Sports doesn't care about the Online Community within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #25
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2K Sports doesn't care about the Online Community

Leagues work fine. You need to really select who you let in though even if that means having less people. I've had some great experiences in 2K11 and even in 2K12 with online associations. There where issues but they where working in 2K12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #26
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Leagues work fine. You need to really select who you let in though even if that means having less people. I've had some great experiences in 2K11 and even in 2K12 with online associations. There where issues but they where working in 2K12.
I understand that Vni, but the people I played with weren't into change (a lot of 20-35-year-olds) who now have families themselves. When 2K12 came out, the league changed commissioners three times. People just started then restarted because someone would ruin the season for everyone. We used to have a draft a week, lol.

But by 2K13, a lot of people lost interest, and by the time 2K14 came out on Next-Gen, they all stopped playing.

A lot of people will tell you that they loved online associations, but even more from my experience preferred the 2K11 model.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #27
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

I meant to answer C2K.

Your old channel appeared on the right of another vid I was watching and I agree about the 2K11 leagues. They where better than OA's.

Where OA working in 2K13 ? I think there was the playoffs glitch where a lot of the times you coudn't finish them and it would just randomly advance to next season.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:15 PM   #28
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
No leagues are legit glitchy in NBA 2k NG that's no exaggeration .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-02-2014, 10:20 PM   #29
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I meant to answer C2K.

Your old channel appeared on the right of another vid I was watching and I agree about the 2K11 leagues. They where better than OA's.

Where OA working in 2K13 ? I think there was the playoffs glitch where a lot of the times you coudn't finish them and it would just randomly advance to next season.
They didn't work on 2K13 either. They worked slightly better, but glitches like that killed the leagues.

As for next-gen, many people i knew were hoping online leagues were going to be great. But instead, we got what we have now.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #30
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

I honestly don't know of another company that can release broken game modes multiple years in a row. There might be others but I don't know them. There is definately some incompetent people at 2K who brings the product's quality down.

Kind of a shame but not much you can do. I didn't get 14 NG and if 15 is anything near what 14 was, I won't even consider getting it. There is nothiing that appeals to me in 14 ng.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:20 PM   #31
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
I honestly don't know of another company that can release broken game modes multiple years in a row. There might be others but I don't know them. There is definately some incompetent people at 2K who brings the product's quality down.

Kind of a shame but not much you can do. I didn't get 14 NG and if 15 is anything near what 14 was, I won't even consider getting it. There is nothiing that appeals to me in 14 ng.
I can think of one: Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2014, 11:27 PM   #32
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

If you think 2k doesn't care about the online community what do you think they think about the offline game modes?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »