Home

NBA2k15 New Mode?

This is a discussion on NBA2k15 New Mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: NBA2k15 New Mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I don't know, I think they'll announce it this month because they want to start getting the buzz and the preorders.

I feel like we'll also get screenshots this month and next month will be gameplay and (hopefully) a demo at the end of Sep.

Remember it comes out early October so they can't wait too, too long for news.
Hell if I'm remembering correctly they waited only like two weeks before giving myGM information last year before the game released.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #58
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

twitch stream today so wonder if a new thing is being talked about/announced
Old 08-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
twitch stream today so wonder if a new thing is being talked about/announced
They haven't hyped this stream to the sky, so I would be surprised if there was any news
Old 08-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #60
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

ronnie said they will be reviewing last streams news and then discussing a bit of 2k15 so um... yea not sure theres anything coming
Old 08-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #61
Pro

Clappington's Arena

Welp Ronnie basically hinted at something new and LD said we will need to get our 5 together now. and also they said info for this wont be till like till mid september late september. smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #62
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Man this thread got hijacked smh.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-13-2014, 03:23 AM   #63
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
Welp Ronnie basically hinted at something new and LD said we will need to get our 5 together now. and also they said info for this wont be till like till mid september late september. smh
You recruiting yet?

Do teh homeworkz.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Last edited by LD2k; 08-13-2014 at 03:28 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:14 AM   #64
Rookie

Ok here's the Ronnie and Chris stream from yesterday for those of you who are actually interested in a crew like mode for next gen. Btw, congrats Chris for winning that game. Nice post move shot with Durant in the final seconds.

http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/557491047

Make sure you check out the parts @ 16:20, 18:35, 42:40

What I got out of the stream is that they do really get what we want out of the mode. That is a NBA style mode with all of the elements mentioned in the original post.

We won't get any of the major details on the mode untill they first talk about myplayer. So expect something around mid-late Sept they said.

Ronnie mentioned "This thing will not be called crew". So expect them to change the name to My(fill in the blank), like all of the other modes.

Ronnie also said "We need community", "There's gotta be a reason for us not just to play with our 5, but for it to mean something". In other words just playing random crew games isn't enough and that there needs to be more depth to the mode. Which I totally agree with and gladly welcome.

42:40 someone asked if there would be tournaments on current gen crew and they responded that there was nothing planned, but Ronnie talked about how that was the problem with crew. It sounds like more than likely for next gen they will have some sort of season, playoff, and/or tournament system planned to take the mode to the next level.

They also said "Start recruiting your best 4-5 now". I just hope that doesn't mean that we have to have 5 people in order to play. Hopefully we'll be able to start and play games with just 1 or 2 other people with the cpu filling in for the rest of the positions like you could do in 2k11 crew and as you'll be able to do in the 2k15 current gen crew. I used to only play with 1-2 other guys on 2k11 crew all of the time, so it would be terrible if you had to run with 5 guys in order to play the mode. Thats the only thing I heard that I had pause for concern on. Maybe Ronnie or LD2K would be nice enough and give us some clarity on that.

After hearing the stream I gotta say that I'm super excited and can't wait to hear more details on this mode.

Last edited by born2playball; 08-13-2014 at 04:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »