Home

NBA 2K15 Spacing

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Spacing within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #9
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15 Spacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
The thing that bothers me is that NBA 2K gets praised so much about how deep the gameplay is about how realistic the game is and how many strategic options there are. But the fundamental element of basketball is broken and that is spacing. How can you call a game realistic when the the basis of the sport isnt impelemented (to be fair 14 last gen was ok with spacing)?? I cant play the game like I play basketball in real life or how I want it to be played because this element is broken. I will be furious if I see bad spacing on wednesday again ..
Every year dawolf comes thru and does us a good deed. Looking forward to your yearly breakdown this week. Let me know if you call shooting fouls on them wild closeouts. If they just called fouls on the contested jumpshots that happen in 14 that would be good enough for me. Spacing and the lack of jump shooting fouls go hand in hand.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

I just hope the 1-3-1 isn't overpowered. Some people use it as a crutch
Old 08-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #11
Rookie

L_Diddy's Arena

OVR: 0

I do remember bedwards saying one of his goals with his 2k14 roster was to make spacing better. So let's hope he has had his say to developers regarding this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I used to think the player models were to big. But its a few other issues I think.

1. Most obvious is sliding animations. It lets players zip from spot to spot and makes the court feel much smaller.

2. Broken plays. Watching 8 players running into each other is quite a log jam.

3. Probably the worst are the defensive bump back animations. A poster above said they'd love to zip in and out of the paint with PGs. Well you cant because the slightest contact bumps them back. As we all know, PGs accept defenders and ride the contact. This needs to be taken into account.

Having said this, I would not be surprised if the players were too big
I totally agree with you on point #1....To combat this, I have to put a HUGE discrepancy with the Quickness and Speed for the CPU in the sliders...BUT it still does not solve this issue. But for reference (to alleviate the situation), I have Human Quickness and Speed at 40 & 45...with the CPU Quickness and Speed at 20 & 25 respectively. Now the HUGE downside to this is that the CPU does not get enough fast break opportunities (am on All-Star Level, but may be a different case on Superstar). So its really a balance act on this.

Point #2 is what really irks me as well. It seems that when a play breaks down, the CPU and CPU-controlled players on the User side, start to look like a bunch of herded cattle with all the bumping. Even on a double pick and roll set by the CPU, the amount of crowding and bumper car interaction going on gets frenetic. I'm not sure how this could be remedied, but when I look at the pick and roll implemented in NBA Live, it surely looks like an improvement (but of course, we don't need to go into all the necessary improvements NBA Live needs. Thats for another thread. LOL!).

Point #3 - The animation where the defender is riding the User PG is something that also needs to be remedied. Although strength and contact sliders can remedy to an extent, there is not enough balance. Sometimes its way too easy to get around the defender or it becomes like a magnetic wall and the User PG gets sucked into the animation constantly. I'm not sure how the developers could strike the right balance, but hopefully it can be done.

Hopefully this thread gets noticed by the community and dev team...Although by no means am I any sort of BBall or gaming dev expert, but I hope our voice gets heard on this.

Cheers fellas!
Old 08-10-2014, 10:31 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
The thing that bothers me is that NBA 2K gets praised so much about how deep the gameplay is about how realistic the game is and how many strategic options there are. But the fundamental element of basketball is broken and that is spacing. How can you call a game realistic when the the basis of the sport isnt impelemented (to be fair 14 last gen was ok with spacing)?? I cant play the game like I play basketball in real life or how I want it to be played because this element is broken. I will be furious if I see bad spacing on wednesday again ..
Absolutely agree with you on this my friend....Hope you come back with some good news for the community!

And by the way....so in NBA 2k14 on last gen....was spacing a step up from Next Gen 2k14? B/c I may consider picking it up on last gen to give it a shot....

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 08-10-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Diddy
I do remember bedwards saying one of his goals with his 2k14 roster was to make spacing better. So let's hope he has had his say to developers regarding this.
We can only hope bedwardsroy pulls through for us! It would be tremendous!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:

I've been stop calling 2k simulation basketball since NBA 2K11, its kind of confusing b/c it seems like they are trying to appeal to the arcade/casual crowd as well as the hardcore basketball heads.

To me they just need to decide man but with the money they are making they probably dont even care anymore at this point. I hope im wrong.

I hope 2k realizes that EVEN THE ARCADE GUYS one upped 2K11 as being the best........Hint Hint, that should tell you alot 2k.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-10-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 01:16 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 10
Icon12 Re: NBA 2K15 Spacing

Quote:
Looking forward to your input, impressions and vid.... oh that's right, no videos allowed

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »