Home

shot Ratings need to go in 2k15

This is a discussion on shot Ratings need to go in 2k15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: shot Ratings need to go in 2k15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I can guarantee shooting on a court, all by himself, not at game speed, Ray Allen would shoot at a higher clip than 45%. If you're shooting less than 45% under those conditions, you are not a good shooter.
prove it.

ray was an in game example. i am sure he can get up to 60-70% under those conditions.

if you are good you might get half, but anymore and you are a liar. if not then you should consider playing in the nba if you are that good after a month.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:27 PM   #18
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

Just because someone can knock down open jumpshots at greater than 45% in an empty gym doesn't mean they're qualified to be in the nba. Look at Seth Curry for example. I'm sure if you just let him shoot all alone in a gym he'd make over half his shots, yet he can't find a spot in the NBA.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #19
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

There are millions of good wide open shooters in the world.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:38 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
I can guarantee shooting on a court, all by himself, not at game speed, Ray Allen would shoot at a higher clip than 45%. If you're shooting less than 45% under those conditions, you are not a good shooter.
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Results-4527/

Shooting percentages from the draft combine drills which isn't really even that open gym environment your talking about. The better shooters are all over 65% and even the worst shooters (Big Men) were around 45%.

Id argue that an NBA player who specializes in shooting ie Ray, Mike Miller, Curry etc would shoot over 80% just working out by himself in an open gym

Now back to the part about the game I personally think its just best to turn it off if it frustrates you.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #21
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

The issue is that you don't really know why you miss open shots. In real life, if I miss a shot, I can analyze each aspect of the shot to figure out what I did wrong. Maybe I didn't jump high enough. Maybe I flicked my wrist too hard. Maybe I used my pinky finger too much, causing the shot to go slightly left. There are so many things that go into a single shot.

In the video game world, you don't have that kind of control over your shot. You can only control your release timing. So when you get the timing perfect, and you're wide open, you expect the shot to go in. If you miss, you have no way of knowing why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #22
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
The issue is that you don't really know why you miss open shots. In real life, if I miss a shot, I can analyze each aspect of the shot to figure out what I did wrong. Maybe I didn't jump high enough. Maybe I flicked my wrist too hard. Maybe I used my pinky finger too much, causing the shot to go slightly left. There are so many things that go into a single shot.

In the video game world, you don't have that kind of control over your shot. You can only control your release timing. So when you get the timing perfect, and you're wide open, you expect the shot to go in. If you miss, you have no way of knowing why.
You are leaving out the most obvious aspect people ignore. Shot ratings! Chandler parsons has a 71 midrange rating and its easy to get a A+ excellent release from mid with him BUT he will miss because his mid is only a 71.

Every post i see complaing on missing A+ shots never say what the players mid/3pt ratings are

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-10-2014, 08:16 PM   #23
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
You are leaving out the most obvious aspect people ignore. Shot ratings! Chandler parsons has a 71 midrange rating and its easy to get a A+ excellent release from mid with him BUT he will miss because his mid is only a 71.

Every post i see complaing on missing A+ shots never say what the players mid/3pt ratings are
I addressed that when you mentioned shooting threes with Reggie Evans:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
There's two ratings that go into the shot though: release and shot quality. And the shot quality takes the player's skill into account. So it would be impossible to take a three with Reggie Evans and have an A+ shot quality, even with an A+ release and no defenders nearby.
Getting an A+ shot release means you released at the perfect time. But getting an A+ for shot quality means that your shot selection was excellent. If I shoot a midrange shot with someone who's midrange rating is only 71, I should never see an A+ for shot quality. An A+ shot quality should essentially mean I could not have gotten a better look.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
I feel your pain but 2k needs to find a better medium i rather have harder jump shots. This you feel a lot more rewarded when you make shots
seconded..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »