Home

NBA 2K15 Official MyLEAGUE/MyGM Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Official MyLEAGUE/MyGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #2497
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 Official MyLEAGUE/MyGM Thread

I'm starting a new myLeague with my Nets using the end of year rosters. I simmed season one.

Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson (broken hand, broken leg, broken ankle) all got hurt in mid March and all three missed the rest of the season, which made me start Jarrett Jack, Boojan Bogdanovic, Thad Young, Mirza Teletovic and Mason Plumlee. The injuries also let Cory Jefferson and Markel Brown see plenty of playing time/development. Jerome Jordan and Sergey Karasev also got playing time.Even with "the Big 3" healthy, the Nets struggled. Without them, Brooklyn limped to the finish with a record of 29-53, tied for 11th in the East.

MVP: Stephen Curry, Warriors
ROY: Jabari Parker, Bucks
Sixth Man: Reggie Jackson, Pistons
DPOY: Anthony Davis, Pelicans
MIP: Tyler Zeller, Celtics
COY: Tom Thibodeau, Bulls

Bojan made the All Rookie Second Team. Williams, Lopez, Young, Johnson, Bojan and Plumlee all averaged double digit scoring numbers. Bojan ranked as the third best scoring rookie in the league behind Parker and Wiggins.

Throughout the season, the Mavs inked Rondo to a three year deal, the Magic inked Tobias Harris to a three year deal,the Cavs resigned Tristian Thompson to a two year contract, The Clippers kept DeAndre Jordan with a three year, 50 million dollar deal, the Mavs resigned Chandler for one year, the Knicks resigned Bargnani to a two year deal, and the Lakers resigned Lin to a two year deal.

At the beginning of the season, the Pelicans signed Ray Allen and the Bulls signed Larry Sanders.

Plenty of coaches got the ax throughout the season:

2/07: the 76ers cut ties with Brett Brown and hired Logan Schmidt in the interim to replace him (team ended with a 16-66 record...)

2/22: the Knicks pulled the plug on Derek Fisher and hired Michael Goodrich (team ended with a 25-57 record)

2/24: the Wizards finally fired Wittman and hired Lucas Lucas (25-57)

3/1: The Magic got rid of James Borrego and hired Randy Wittman (29-53)

3/17: The Nuggets gave up on Melvin Hunt and hired James Borrego (30-52)

3/28: Flip Saunders fired himself late in the season as HC of the Timberwolves and hired Oliver Gordon (24-58)

1 Spurs v 8 Kings
Tim Duncan will miss 4-6 weeks (broken legs) and Boris Diaw is out 1-2 weeks with a torn Achilles

2 Warriors v 7 Rockets
Dwight Howard is out 2-4 weeks with knee tendinitis while Ariza is playing hurt with a bruised knee

3 Trailblazers v 6 Mavericks
Dirk is out for the season due to spinal surgery....

4 Thunder v 5 Pelicans
Enes Kanter is out 1-2 weeks with a broken ankle while DJ Augustin will return any day now from a twisted knee

1 Bulls v 8 Bucks
Middleton is out for the season with a torn Achilles, Jared Dudley is out 2-4 weeks with knee tendinitis, Pachulia is out 1-2 weeks with a spinal injury

2 Cavaliers v 7 Hornets
Marvin Williams is out for the season with a leg fracture

3 Heat v 6 Hawks
Josh McRoberts is out 2-4 weeks with a torn calf, Goran Dragic is playing with a dislocated elbow (1-2 weeks)

4 Raptors v 5 Pacers
CJ Miles is out for the season with a torn tricep, Jonas Valanciunas is out for the season with a leg fracture

Spurs in 7, Thunder in 6, Mavericks in 6, Warriors in 5
Jeremy Lamb (OKC) went down with knee tendinitis (1-2 weeks,) Aldridge (Portland) played through a bruised heel, Bogut (Warriors) went down with a pulled lower back muscle (2-4 weeks) Howard returned to play through his knee tendinitis

Bulls in 5, Pacers in 7, Hawks in 4, Cavs in 5
George Hill went down with a pulled lower back muscle (1-2 weeks,)

Round 2:

1 Spurs v 4 Thunder
(no Duncan 2-4 weeks) (no Lamb 2-4 weeks)

2 Warriors v 6 Mavericks
(No Bogut 2-4 weeks) (No Dirk)

1 Bulls v 5 Pacers
(no Miles, no Hill 1-2 weeks, Bulls healthy)

2 Cavs v 6 Hawks
Both healthy

Spurs in 6, Warriors in 7

Bulls in 5, Cavs in 5

Durant played through a bruised hip, Kanter went down for the season with a spinal injury and Lamb returned to play hurt but OKC just didn't have enough depth. The Spurs' win was costly: Ginobili went down for the season with a torn elbow ligament while Duncan is still out 1-2 weeks.

Bogut returned to play through his pulled back muscle. He'll still be hurt 1-2 weeks.

The Bulls are still healthy. George Hill's return couldn't save the Pacers.

The Cavs and Hawks remained healthy.

Conference Finals:

1 Spurs (no Duncan 1-2 weeks, no Manu) v 2 Warriors, 1 Bulls v 2 Cavs (both healthy)

Spurs and Cavs in 7
Duncan returned to save the Spurs but they lost Cory Joseph and will still be without Manu. The Warriors were healthy.

The Bulls lost Noah for the rest of the series to a hand fracture and it cost them. The Cavs are improbably still healthy.

Finals: 1 Spurs v 2 Cavs
(no Manu, Joseph)
Shumpert and Love played through injuries while Joseph returned for the Spurs.

G1: Cavs 92, Spurs 90, Lebron and Love and double doubles
G2: Cavs 101, Spurs 90, Lebron had a double double,
G3: Spurs 124, Cavs 98, Bellinelli and Green led the Spurs with 18 points each, Duncan got a double double. Leonard was held to just 7 points but he led LeBron to 14
G4: Spurs 91, Cavs 79,6 Spurs scored in doubles,
G5: Spurs 93,Cavs 81, Duncan had a double double,
Spurs lead 3-2

G6: Cavs 10-3, Spurs 89,Duncan was held to 8 points as was Parker and Splitter. Diaw was held to 4 points. Love and LeBron had double doubles, Love scored 32.

Series tied 3-3, game 7

Cavs 123, Spurs 91, LeBron scores 42 points! Irving had a double double. Duncan's double double wasn't enough.

Cavs are your 2015 NBA Champions.

Finals MVP: LeBron. Welcome back to Cleveland.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-07-2015, 02:18 AM   #2498
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

Started a new mygm challenge and used orlando magic this time. I plan to build around vucevic and oladipo and will try to make them contenders.

I was able to win 4 straight but then drop the last 3 of the next 4 games. I decided to clean up the staff and signed logan schimdt (generated) to 2 yr deal. we won our very first game with the new coach against the knicks by a close margin. I may also give up some of my future picks as I would like to change the culture of always drafting the young cor and start the win-now tradition

I still havent made any roster changes but I might be moving guys to build a strong defensive squad. I might be willing to give up some asset to get a star or a great prospect, to grow a "big three" in orlando.

I am also looking for a nice playbook for orlando centered around vucevic and oladipo. I plan to test out the 00 lakers playbook (shaq and kobe era), but i dont have consistent shooters around. I am still using the current magic playbook with horns set.

Any playbooks do you know that will best fit the magic right now?
Old 10-02-2015, 03:38 PM   #2499
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

2K16 looks phenomenal but I haven't gotten it yet, so I'm giving new life to 2K15. I just started a myLeague with the Hornets. Kemba Walker, Nic Batum MKG, Cody Zeller and Al Jefferson are my starters. I want to groom Kaminsky to be a future star and I also want to redeem Jeremy Lin. Rookie Aaron Harrison has been great off the bench, too. We're 3-2 so far. I beat the Bucks and Grizz, lost to the Knicks due to a buzzer beater by Kristaps Porzingis, simmed win vs the Heat and now face the 0-3 Hawks.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 10-02-2015, 09:26 PM   #2500
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3_FuTuRe
Started a MyGM with the Kings, who I'm trying to move to Seattle, but decided to play the first season through and get some prestige towards the move. With Willie-Cauley-Stein now on the team, I slid Demarcus to PF and it has paid in spades.

Cousins is a beast at PF, he and Gay are the only scorers I have in double digits, (but they're both at 30+ a game and Cousins is averaging around 15 boards and 5 blocks.) I'm currently 10-1 with a lone loss to the Rockets in OT where Gay fouled out late in the 4th quarter. Other than that, all my games have been super close, including 2 other OT games against the Lakers and Clippers respectively. Teams with stretch 4's often try to exploit the match-up against Cousins and draw him out of the paint and those are the games where (amazing) Coach Karl keeps WCS on the bench quite often and runs Cousins at Center with Gay at PF to counter.

The AI coaching actually is super intelligent in this game. It's amazing.
This is the 2k15 thread, man.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »