Home

Roundtable Discussion: Why your MyCareer teammates can't make shots

This is a discussion on Roundtable Discussion: Why your MyCareer teammates can't make shots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Roundtable Discussion: Why your MyCareer teammates can't make shots

This is not just another complaint thread.....I legitimately want to get to the bottom of this. I mean you take the same exact team, with the same exact players, and play outside of MyCareer, and they make shots as they should. In MyCareer, nobody hits anything.

It has been this way for years, possibly since the MyPlayer/Career's induction in 2010. But why? This year, it even feels like the chances of a player making a shot actually goes down when recieving a pass from your MyPlayer. But why?

Is it 2k's way of making it more difficult for the us?
Is it so you HAVE to be the star, and you can't rely on your teammates production?
Does it get better on the lower levels like Rookie, and whatever it is after rookie?
I hear sliders don't even help the situation, so is it hard coded for your teammates to be stupid?

Find out on the this episode of Dragon Ball Z.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Roundtable Discussion: Why your MyCareer teammates can't make shots

It's a conundrum..

You can't shoot 30 shots or you'll get tired, but when you pass they miss every shot..

Mycareer forces you take a crazy amount of shots to win but penalizes you for taking those shots..

I think they purposely made it this way to force you to buy VC because you believe your player is inadequate when it's actually configured into the game..
Old 10-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Even when your shot rating is 90+, you still can't make a shot if your life depended on it.

I tried playing a game on pro/casual and shots still didnt go in.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:35 AM   #4
Rookie

Aintgottime4datShhhh's Arena

I think its because they want you to be the main focal point hence Myplayer. ..I used to get frusterated too, but i figured out that 2k wants me to be the main guy not my teammates your the star so in turn everytime i play i make sure im the Lebron James of my sqaud. I play with the Lakers and actually Kobe puts up numbers hes supposed to be putting at this point in his carrer 18ppg 4ass..and somtimes he will show vintage Kobe..I used get really mad when he would miss a open shot but now i dont because it actually gives the game a kinda realism. I just believe 2k wants to challenge you the Myplayer otherwise you would just get bored if the game was too easy
Old 10-29-2014, 01:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

I play on Pro for MyCareer/MyPlayer this year instead of AllStar or higher... and I've noticed as a member of the Timberwolves that Rubio will do some stupid things (such as driving into 3 people to layup), but for the most part my teammates DO shoot and do make shots. My player is a huge interior presence as a 7'3" center, but I don't shoot so well. Most of my points are offensive rebounds or quick cuts inside against slower centers/power forward. Meanwhile, we're generally doing well with me picking the ball out of the post to open prem shooters.

When I was playing on higher difficulties with my SF, which is a huge scoring machine, I did see everything that others have talked about (and complained about). If I didn't put up 35-50 points a game we were losing, some times even at 35 points per game. He was on the Raptors and I know from using them briefly in MyLeague that Derozen (sp) is a beast this year and can make buckets all day long-- so long as it's not MyPlayer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2014, 02:26 AM   #6
Pro

My guy can't hit a shot for his life in the fourth quarter. I could have 30+ and my guy all of a sudden goes cold. And the shots that were excellent releases now become too early or very late. It's like the timing is completely different

I can't explain why teammates miss everything besides scripting, honestly.

It's like cpu sliders are turned way up, and your team sliders are turned down.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #7
Pro

My teammates don't miss every shot. I've seen bad games ....sure...but we play good team basketball. I played 2 seasons with New Orleans.....and currently in 3rd season with T-wolves. Haven't had this prob with either team.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

There are alot of factors that go into it. Team chemistry plays more of a role than you realize when it comes to your teammates not only making shots but playing well, especially on defense.

I've heard it gets better midway and toward the end of your 2nd year, and definitely by your 3rd year if you stay with the same team.

But at times it can be somewhat random. Like I'm playing on the Kings, and I'll end up giving Cousins a great inside pass and he'll brick inside shot after inside shot. But then I'll make a mistake and pass to him when he's beyond the arc and he'll nail the 3pt shot even thoug he has an F outside scoring rating.

It's very frustrating for someone like me that plays a PG, just started a new game of MyCareer and my OVR was 64. I refuse to buy VC and spend money so I am having a hell of a time doing pretty much anything. But I will grind this and eventually probably toward the end of my 2nd season or into my 3rd, i will start getting shots to drop and points scored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »