Home

The Next Step in Immersion For Me

This is a discussion on The Next Step in Immersion For Me within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:34 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: The Next Step in Immersion For Me

not only do i appreciate the ideas, but the time you dedicated to make them clear and concise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 03:12 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

2K, give this man a job.
Acts 2:38- Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:27 AM   #43
Rookie

Great first post. These ideas in the topic post would take MyLeague(Association 1.5) to a next level and definitely gain my interest.

Give more attention to Award Winners. All Star Weekends. MVP Race. Overall playoff atmosphere (Pre Game after Game). Trade rumors.

Offseason prep for the draft. Maybe bring back playing with rookies for drills and one-on-ones/scrimmages against role players,vets,other young players on current team. Add interviews.

I kind of dislike the option of real voices. Because if it was text, I would suggest that players could voice their opinion in interviews. Take something from that MyCareer has the options for four answers with all different intentions. The players personalities(which also needs update/rehaul) player in effect. Something similar occurs in MyGM when players/coaches express their views on the team.

But with the addition of real voices. If several players have voices then almost all who have recorded must have the time to record four different answers for topics like, if they want to be traded, needs more minutes, how coach is doing, who to sign, etc. But these players do not have the time or interest to do this.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:10 AM   #44
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

OVR: 0

And I add: please make all of this available on the Online Associations. That would make a lot of people happy.

I also think 2K should hire this guy.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:09 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is without a doubt an awesome post.

As someone who only plays Franchise/Association I would love if some of these things would be in the game in the future.

I donīt know which of these things can be added in this generation of gaming consoles, but that is on 2K (and EA) to show us.

So I agree, this should somehow be adressed to Leftos and the other 2K guys on this forum.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 7

I like it. Most of what you posted aren't necessary, but definitely would be nice to have in the game.

Injured players don't really sit on the bench though, they sit behind the bench lol.

But yeah I think the most important thing you touched upon is free agency. Right now it's really boring, hope they really improved on it on 2k15.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #47
Rookie

As a fellow Association-head, this is what I have been pining for for years now. Thank you for taking the time to elaborate on it.

What's most frustrating is that the technology is there to make this happen right now. Why? Because most of it has been done before. In games from the early 2000's. And the kinds of things mentioned in your post, OP, are things that have gotten universal acclaim and praise.

I'm assuming almost none of this has been implemented in NBA 2K15 but please, for the love of god NBA 2K, take this man's post, print it out, hang it up on every wall you have at your company and model MyLeague after it.

And as a small addition to what has been said here, I'd like to throw in the following....

There needs to be more recognition for retired players. If I have an Association and there's a 15-year veteran on my team who is retiring, I want some way to remember him. Have the ability to retire his jersey (even if it doesn't hang from the rafters, at least have a separate screen where you can view that player's jersey and look at his statistics and accomplishments throughout his career). Same deal for HOF-inductees -- I would love the ability to choose a team's jersey to retire him as and see that jersey with his name on it along with his stats, accomplishments and All-Time rankings.

That way, when a player retires (which will be a very common occurrence in Association Mode), he's not just forgotten. There was a purpose of him being there in the first place.

But to give credit where credit is due, I did appreciate the inclusion of making retired players assistant and head coaches in NBA 2K14. That's something I campaigned for in years past and they listened. That's something (along the same lines as what the OP is suggesting) that really adds to the immersion aspect of the mode. So thank you, 2K.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
As a fellow Association-head, this is what I have been pining for for years now. Thank you for taking the time to elaborate on it.

What's most frustrating is that the technology is there to make this happen right now. Why? Because most of it has been done before. In games from the early 2000's. And the kinds of things mentioned in your post, OP, are things that have gotten universal acclaim and praise.

I'm assuming almost none of this has been implemented in NBA 2K15 but please, for the love of god NBA 2K, take this man's post, print it out, hang it up on every wall you have at your company and model MyLeague after it.

And as a small addition to what has been said here, I'd like to throw in the following....

There needs to be more recognition for retired players. If I have an Association and there's a 15-year veteran on my team who is retiring, I want some way to remember him. Have the ability to retire his jersey (even if it doesn't hang from the rafters, at least have a separate screen where you can view that player's jersey and look at his statistics and accomplishments throughout his career). Same deal for HOF-inductees -- I would love the ability to choose a team's jersey to retire him as and see that jersey with his name on it along with his stats, accomplishments and All-Time rankings.

That way, when a player retires (which will be a very common occurrence in Association Mode), he's not just forgotten. There was a purpose of him being there in the first place.

But to give credit where credit is due, I did appreciate the inclusion of making retired players assistant and head coaches in NBA 2K14. That's something I campaigned for in years past and they listened. That's something (along the same lines as what the OP is suggesting) that really adds to the immersion aspect of the mode. So thank you, 2K.
Wasn't that Hall of Fame thing in one of the previous 2K's? It's really weird when they take out features. Maybe they needed the space then, but there are really no excuses now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »