Home

Slower Game Speed? GOOD?

This is a discussion on Slower Game Speed? GOOD? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #25
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Slower Game Speed? GOOD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
that has nothing to do with the rosters themselves, its 100% in the engine

its still like that in 2k14, and i am already working on my list for my 2k16 suggested rating category change/adds post ^^ that will be one of them for the explosiveness
So you think the game has coded catch up speed? I know in years past when I tweaked CPU hustle slider along with spread out speed ratings it was perfect. Simple solution in my eyes.

I want to say 2k12 advertised this and out of box it was great with fast breaks but then it got patched or went backwards in 13 and 14? Correct me if I'm wrong here...

Explosiveness off 1st step offensively and defensively needs to be in the game. Seperate from acceleration.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 08-13-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 06:20 PM   #26
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
that has nothing to do with the rosters themselves, its 100% in the engine

its still like that in 2k14, and i am already working on my list for my 2k16 suggested rating category change/adds post ^^ that will be one of them for the explosiveness
You have to remember that Bed is now on board so hopefully he addressed what bugged him when he worked on the rosters while he was here on the forums. He pretty much has access on the inner workings so we will see how this all plays out.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #27
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

im not sure its coded catch up speed

the best way i can describe it is by using maddens speed slider (i forgot its actual name)

a setting of 0 made it so there was a large difference in speeds, IE a 99 would beat a 25 in a race easily

and a setting of 100 would make it so the 99 and 25 are running the same speed in game.

i feel as 2k's engine is set at that 100 mark, where regardless of speed rating all players can get up and down the court at the same speeds.

---ive tested this in regards of speed, quickness, and ball-handling to see if i was right and you can have a 99 in all 3, or a 25 in all 3 and you are still going to get down the court @ the same speed.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #28
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
Never happened to me, never had this issue in the entire series

You should feel pretty lucky then. Having that exclusive copy of the game(s) is something the vast majority of other consumers would truly love!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #29
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
So you think the game has coded catch up speed? I know in years past when I tweaked CPU hustle slider along with spread out speed ratings it was perfect. Simple solution in my eyes.

I want to say 2k12 advertised this and out of box it was great with fast breaks but then it got patched or went backwards in 13 and 14? Correct me if I'm wrong here...

Explosiveness off 1st step offensively and defensively needs to be in the game. Seperate from acceleration.
In CG NBA 2k14, I think it's a function of the game's comeback logic and momentum logic to balance gameplay outcomes. I notice that the ability of players to catch up to fast breaks really varies based on where the invisible momentum meter is in the game.

So, for example, if I'm on offense, and I'm on a break, my faster players will most likely win the speed races they should win. Maybe not by as much as they should, but they win. But if momentum is against me, you can see you fast players on a break hit an invisible molasses wall while bigger, slower defenders warp in to stop the play.

For the CPU, fast break success depends on whether it comes off a steal (which is money) or on momentum. So, if the CPU grabs a rebound and is making a break, if CPU momentum is good, my players hit the molasses wall and can't even come close to defending. But if my momentum is good I have a chance to switch to the closest defender and defend the play.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #30
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

There's always a slider to adjust game speed so i don't see the point of talking about it.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #31
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
There's always a slider to adjust game speed so i don't see the point of talking about it.
your missing the point of where this thread has gone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #32
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
i dont play on low difficulty so i wouldnt know that.
lol that must be it then. I remember seeing the same thing when I played previous versions on HoF. 2k7 and 8 were really bad after 2k6 had the slowest bigs in the series. I remember Joel Pryzbilla spent more time in transition than in the halfcourt. It was like watching a 40 year old Kareem Abdul Jabar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »