Home

Slower Game Speed? GOOD?

This is a discussion on Slower Game Speed? GOOD? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:02 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Slower Game Speed? GOOD?

The nba and its athletes are far from slow. So slow is far from realistic. That said, last gen 2k14 had a good grip on speed differentiation between players and half court vs transition. so with 'dewolf' saying its like last gen 2k14 im not too worried.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 03:05 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Gamespeed really has nothing to do with the A.I.

Dont' expect any major improvements A.I wise in the next 20 years. They will add more tendencies and sliders but it will never play smart basketball. Especially now that the online is so predominent in the gaming industry, gaming companies aren't spending millions just to design a good A.I.

Sad but true, im still having a hard time getting over that smh.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:17 AM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
sliders arent the answer because they are only available offline. The speed of NG2k14 is entirely to fast and the current videos of 15 has it right. Look at a real nba game, they dont move half as fast as college games 90% of the time

It seems we are getting game PACE and game SPEED mixed up b/c nobody even mentioned college....... and when I say speed I mean in terms of the editable game speed in NBA 2k. I respect your opinion but I've been to real NBA games and you say they dont move half as fast?! They may not move as fast as NBA 2k14 when you factor in the sliding and the defensive recovery speed but NBA 2k15 does not have it right buddy its to slow Im telling you.

I now have to ask you. Have YOU watched the (REAL) NBA........? LOL

Do you notice how fast guys move when running off screens and trying to get open or how fast guys run trying to guard a Ray Allen and you mean to tell me you are going to replicate a realistic speed at anything less than 50 game speedLOL C"MON MAN! Your mad! Stop it! Im not even going to factor in things like the slow animations, etc.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-14-2014 at 03:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:00 AM   #44
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Lol dude you act like the game is in slow motion...

It's really close to perfect here.

And they also have to find a balance between passing speed and player's movements. Passing is what really lacks speed.

Last edited by Vni; 08-14-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:23 AM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Lol dude you act like the game is in slow motion...

It's really close to perfect here.

And they also have to find a balance between passing speed and player's movements. Passing is what really lacks speed.
Yeh that one does look better but I bet the game speed is not on a setting below 50

THE DREAM 2K13 if you were basing your arguement off this video about the game speed being right then I would agree but the 1st vid looked kind of different to me in terms of the game speed.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 08-15-2014 at 04:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #46
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
Yeh that one does look better but I bet the game speed is not on a setting below 50
No why it would be ? Obviously it's the default gamespeed of that build.

For years I played on 45 gamespeed offline and had to adapt when going online. Maybe this year I will be able to play with the default gamespeed offline.

We also probably should wait for better quality video/gameplay and a more recent build before making conclusions.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #47
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
wizards guy was spriting, lopez wasnt.

also im not sure if there was user control or if both were CPU players? it looked like lopez was purposely trying to get a block running slower ala lebron rather than get good defensive position
I was controlling Lopez. I was sprinting before he caught the ball
Old 08-14-2014, 12:38 PM   #48
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Gamespeed really has nothing to do with the A.I.

Dont' expect any major improvements A.I wise in the next 20 years. They will add more tendencies and sliders but it will never play smart basketball. Especially now that the online is so predominent in the gaming industry, gaming companies aren't spending millions just to design a good A.I.
Most of the time its fixable stuff that holds the AI back. The new UFC game is a perfect example. The overall AI is solid but the fact that every fighter fights like Henry Armstrong weakens the AI as a whole. They are all too aggressive. EA doesn’t need to spend a million dollars to fix it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s addressed in the next patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »