Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Heat vs. Spurs (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Heat vs. Spurs (IGN) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 01:02 PM   #65
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Heat vs. Spurs (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
It always depresses me that these gamescom vids are the first taste of the game you guys get. Old build, stripped down presentation/audio, pro/default settings, no plays, inexperienced users... it's just a shell of what you're going to see in October. I've been saying this before I even got in the industry but it's a mistake to judge the final product based on watching snippets of footage. For any game really. Feel is so important and you get none of that from watching these clips.
2K should let a few guys record a few official gameplays from gamescom every year. Youtubers could be usefull for once. Or even guys from OS like DaWolf. It would be better publicity for the game than theses shaky, stolen videos of randoms who have never played a basketball game before.

Gameplay is gonna leak either way, might aswell control it and make the game shine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #66
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Believe me, bro... it pains me. We even have guys in the office who can manage to make the game look gross to me. But that's just the cost of putting so much control in the user's hands. The good news is... most of the guys who are used to cheesing or playing unrealistically are really struggling with 2K15.
Any way you can pull some strings and let them get some video of you playing at some point? I wouldn't mind get two or three vids throughout the course of the summer of you or Erick or one of the guys playing against the AI or each other in like a minute and a half, two minute clip just to get us a better look at how things are coming along from guys that can show the way this thing can look.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #67
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
It always depresses me that these gamescom vids are the first taste of the game you guys get. Old build, stripped down presentation/audio, pro/default settings, no plays, inexperienced users... it's just a shell of what you're going to see in October. I've been saying this before I even got in the industry but it's a mistake to judge the final product based on watching snippets of footage. For any game really. Feel is so important and you get none of that from watching these clips.

Still I'm glad these videos are tempering your expectations. Being overhyped for anything just leads to disappointment. But I will say that we've made big strides in gameplay this year and with experienced users on the sticks the game can look beautiful. As always you'll just have to take my word on that for now.

why dont you guys just have ronnie/ld play a quick 5min quarter or something then rather than making us watch scrublies?
Old 08-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #68
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I just hope the Pistons jersey was fixed this year, as well as the raptors jersey.

Old 08-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #69
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Believe me, bro... it pains me. We even have guys in the office who can manage to make the game look gross to me. But that's just the cost of putting so much control in the user's hands. The good news is... most of the guys who are used to cheesing or playing unrealistically are really struggling with 2K15.
That's what I like to hear !! I'm excited
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 0

Beluba, please, just a real quick Yes or No answer.

Is the defensive icon back or can we choose to see it at least for Online Leagues?
Old 08-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #71
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
no idea. ronnie or LD might know
Nothing to announce at this time. Historically, we've never been playable there (though I'd like to see it be personally).

Quote:
The good news is... most of the guys who are used to cheesing or playing unrealistically are really struggling with 2K15.
Indeed. I'm calling the gameplay team the SWISS KNIFE this year. Cutting that cheese straight in half. And it's beautiful. You guys will love what the team has done to battle that player behavior (aka cheese) this year.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #72
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Nothing to announce at this time. Historically, we've never been playable there (though I'd like to see it be personally).

Indeed. I'm calling the gameplay team the SWISS KNIFE this year. Cutting that cheese straight in half. And it's beautiful. You guys will love what the team has done to battle that player behavior (aka cheese) this year.
Hopefully ranked games will be fun again. So much cheese in that the past few years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »