Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video From Gamescom - Day 2

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video From Gamescom - Day 2 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #33
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I really like the movement overall and the presentation is looks great as well. Looks pretty good to me.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video From Gamescom - Day 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I do see that the pivot might have slid... otherwise it shouldn't be a travel. But the issue with that is that it seemed happenstance...unless its by design that multiple pivots will result in a travel? If that's the case, it would be silly if every time you did more than one pivot it resulted in a travel. I'm thinking it's just the build... I don't see how that would be an advantageous cheese.
It's not just more than one pivot in real life.

In video games tho, the player is going to slide, so it should be called a travel if he moves...Maybe not every accident, but if it's user input then they should have someway to detect that and I think they do now.

Regardless, what I'm saying is Tim Duncan traveled. If he did that in real life the ref would have called travel. Thing is Tim Duncan has good footwork so he would never do make those pivots in real life. Lol

Cheese or no cheese I've always said that's a travel in the game and I've seen people do it in the park and in quick games. It seems that problem is solved.

I'm all for more sim and less arcade stuff, so I'm hype about this, lol...
Old 08-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #35
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreezy P
That Napier layup was beautiful. It seems players adjust their layups more realistically now and on the fly.
I liked that fact that he pumped faked...then proceeded to drive the lane
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 03:40 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24ct
It's not just more than one pivot in real life.

In video games tho, the player is going to slide, so it should be called a travel if he moves...Maybe not every accident, but if it's user input then they should have someway to detect that and I think they do now.

Regardless, what I'm saying is Tim Duncan traveled. If he did that in real life the ref would have called travel. Thing is Tim Duncan has good footwork so he would never do make those pivots in real life. Lol

Cheese or no cheese I've always said that's a travel in the game and I've seen people do it in the park and in quick games. It seems that problem is solved.

I'm all for more sim and less arcade stuff, so I'm hype about this, lol...
I agree that is a travel and it's cool to me as long as its not completely random. My thing is, is there something the user did specifically to cause that? Does it always happen if you pivot more than once(I hope not because its a legit move)? Because if just happens when it happens how do you prevent it from happening? I am questioning the control here, not so much the realism.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:41 PM   #37
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Never understood the marketing logic with these game companies. The only people watching these videos are the most hardcore fans that are going to pick it apart.

Wouldn't 3 minutes of video of Beluba playing the demo help promote the game more than grainy cell phone footage of some hack using Tim Duncan like Stephen Curry?
I keep pitching this idea fam.Simultaneous to Gamescon on just before it release a few possessions of a dev playing the game for comparison sakes. LOL. PLEASE!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-14-2014, 03:42 PM   #38
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't watched the video yet, but since 90% of the comments are just "that dude sucks at the game!" I'm assuming it looks promising.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:45 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
I wish they would fix the character model's biceps, way too skinny
Agreed. If this build is any indication, it doesn't seem they struck the right chord with that yet. They need to go back to having several types of frames for players, particularly a normal build for guys who are neither skinny or especially muscular.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #40
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saro1
Two open three with Duncan? OMG
Maybe he thought, the taller a player is the closer he is to the basket from long distance ? LOL
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »