Home

Was the dribble stick or old school isomotion more realistic?

This is a discussion on Was the dribble stick or old school isomotion more realistic? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 05:15 PM   #49
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Was the dribble stick or old school isomotion more realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

Ankle breakers felt real in 2K11. It really felt like you legitimately crossed the CPU over. Now when I watch people on youtube, the only thing they do is they randomly spam crap (except you jersez off course ) Boy that game looked good.

I don't know about the ball going perfectly between the legs though lol.
Haha my boy vini thanks fam actually meant to talk to you about something will pm when I get a chance
Old 08-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #50
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

I have come to start liking to dribble stick more because they give me more control over my moves and it allows to do a lot more than I could do with isomotion

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-25-2014, 06:52 PM   #51
Just started!

I like the dribbling stick better, its kind of like nba lives freestyle control
but more realistic and defintally more effective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #52
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

i really dont know which i prefer. they gave us the dribble stick but they then only gave us a handful of animations that made everyone seem like the same player with the ball
Old 08-26-2014, 11:26 AM   #53
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Idk if beluba could take about the new dribbling in. 2k15 but after watching the yekkum trailer, I wanted to ask if the signature dribbling will be one or multiple signature dribbling size ups packages?
Old 08-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #54
Rookie

silverskier's Arena

OVR: 3

dribbling stick is better, but the transitions between animations need to improve - and then the combos will be better -. But anyway, if there is no footplanting and inertia implemented in players, no dribbling system is valid.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

One thing I've been wanting 2k to fix for years, regardless of if they use iso motion or the dribble stick, is on ball defense and dribbling..

Players shouldn't lunge 5 foot anytime I hit the steal button, likewise a foul shouldn't be called every time I hit the steal button multiple times, nor should my player attempt a steal on the opposite side of the dribble, essentially swiping at nothing or the ball handlers opposite leg..

I know then you will have the annoying people who "spam the steal button", simple answer is don't play idiots online..

I want more realistic basketball. I should be able to push the steal button and my arm make a movement towards the ball.. Not a full fledged lunge past the ball handler, when does that ever happen.. Also, the ball handler should not just stand there dribbling in a straight up stance, he should protect the ball, and react to swipes. It shouldn't one guy standing straight up dribbling like he's all alone on the court, and the other guy swiping 100 times over and over at empty air.. Make the exchange look real..

Keep the double tap as an intentional foul to cut down on the spammers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 10:10 AM   #56
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Everyone keeps talking about responsivenss, but what about authenticity of each nba player.

Should I be able to run down the court with kyle korver and hit 10 crossovers in a row? My problem with the dribble stick is that very few people can handle the ball that well and quick in real life. But I guess the consesus so far is the freedom to put together combos and moves is prefered over limiting a player to the dribble moves he uses in a real nba game.
How do you restrict that? Kyle Korver was capable of stringing 10 crossovers in the 3rd grade. As long as the AI doesnt do it, he gets ripped a lot when he tries it and loses it in traffic it should be ok.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »