Home

Controller survey

This is a discussion on Controller survey within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which controller is best for 2K balling?
I have played 2K ball on both consoles, and the PS3/PS4 controller is superior 21 50.00%
I have played 2K ball on both consoles, and the XBOX 360 controller is superior 7 16.67%
I have played 2K ball on both consoles, and the XBOX ONE controller is superior 12 28.57%
What controller? I use my mouse and keyboard!! 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #9
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Controller survey

DS4 to XInput Wrapper is an open source program for Dual Shock 4 and pretty great. It even supports wireless over bluetooth which is something neither 360 (have to buy a dongle) nor Xbone controllers (not possible at all) support at this time. And you can set it to fool games to thinking it's a 360 controller.

Given the prices of the controllers wired official 360 controller would probably be the best option. Some 3rd party controllers may be better but they also cost a lot more. Ones that cost less just aren't that good.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

As for comfort, nothing beats the 360. xbone controllers is second. ps controllers for me is awkward to hold.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1
Controller survey

In that case, I recommend the 360 control with wifi dongle for PC. It's what I use for all my pc game pad gaming. It also feels better to me than the ps3 style controller (but I was never that picky about either). The plus side is the Xbox controller tends to have more native support and usually your in game icons will match the controller as well.

I suppose you can also wait to see if they make an Xbox one to pc kit, but that could be a wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
In that case, I recommend the 360 control with wifi dongle for PC. It's what I use for all my pc game pad gaming. It also feels better to me than the ps3 style controller (but I was never that picky about either). The plus side is the Xbox controller tends to have more native support and usually your in game icons will match the controller as well.

I suppose you can also wait to see if they make an Xbox one to pc kit, but that could be a wait.
I think the Xbone controller is PC compatible right off the bat, but I may be wrong
Old 08-24-2014, 10:23 PM   #13
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Okay does no one see the major flaw that the DS4 and DS3 are combined while Xbox controllers are completely separated.
Anyway controller wise:
360>PS3
PS4>ONE
Old 08-24-2014, 11:52 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
I think the Xbone controller is PC compatible right off the bat, but I may be wrong
Only with Cable...
Old 08-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #15
Rookie

I have a ps3, 360, and ps4. I've been more comfortable with playstation controllers for sport games, and even shooters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 01:46 AM   #16
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

To me, the Xbox 360 controller is the greatest controller of all time. I don't know what Microsoft did, but the Xbone controller is definitely a step back. The PS3 controller is god awful, but the PS4 controller is a drastic improvement. It is almost even with the Xbox 360 controller, but not quite as good.

The Xbox 360 controller wins, ESPECIALLY when it comes to PC gaming. Many games have built-in compatibility and the ones that don't are very simple to work around with a good Google search. Just make sure you get the wireless dongle for the 360 controller and you're good to go!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »