Home

I hope 2K15 doesn't have a 4 second delay on inbound passes.

This is a discussion on I hope 2K15 doesn't have a 4 second delay on inbound passes. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I hope 2K15 doesn't have a 4 second delay on inbound passes.

The huge delay on the inbounds just reinforces the back court steal cheese. I especially love how it's always a bum Center that opponents use turbo with every chance they get to steal in the back court...LoL...

I also hope that my player doesn't lay on the ground for 7 secs like he's getting a tan when he falls to the ground. This always results in a 5 on 4 whenever a heady player is on offense. Please address this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 06:13 PM   #2
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I hope 2K15 doesn't have a 4 second delay on inbound passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgray
The huge delay on the inbounds just reinforces the back court steal cheese. I especially love how it's always a bum Center that opponents use turbo with every chance they get to steal in the back court...LoL...

I also hope that my player doesn't lay on the ground for 7 secs like he's getting a tan when he falls to the ground. This always results in a 5 on 4 whenever a heady player is on offense. Please address this.
That's realistic though, as much as it sucks when it happens to you there are moments in a game where 1 guy takes a rough fall and is on the floor for a few seconds. If you aren't in foul trouble you can always waste a foul.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #3
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by infam0us
That's realistic though, as much as it sucks when it happens to you there are moments in a game where 1 guy takes a rough fall and is on the floor for a few seconds. If you aren't in foul trouble you can always waste a foul.
No, sorry but completely disagree, watch an NBA game and you will see any player get right back up and immediately transition to defense.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:47 PM   #4
Rookie

ShogunTake's Arena

Quote:
I think he's talking about the animation where the player flattens out his arms and legs deliberately like he's joking around. That's annoying as hell.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
It's unbelievable you embrace this as realistic. It's ridiculous. What should have been realistic is the player should get his butt off the floor quickly and jet right back to playing defense. It is especially frustrating when the user have no control over the animations. That is just one example of the many ridiculous animations in the game that you have no control over. When you make it as a part of the game play, it ruins the experience of the user. Now, i understand 2K want to make it real but anything that have no user control is not fun. It is the same reason i complain about the heavy used of animations as part of the gameplay. Whenever you trigger an animation, you can't stop it at any time as the animation roll. For example, reach your hand and try to steal the ball, the player you control can't jet back as you reach and steal...it stuck in an animation allowing the dribbler to bypass you. Any animation that can't be interrupt shouldn't be part of the gameplay.

Look at shooting animation for example, i can jump and release the ball at ANY TIME of any height I want....that is the type of animations you want in the game because it gives user total control. It allows user control of releasing the ball at any time during a sequence.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 08-27-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #6
Banned

While I'm moaning and complaining...Please change the quick timeout from RB+LB to something else. Sometimes the game mistakes this input as the intentional foul command. I've lost a couple of games because I put someone on the line when I was just trying to call a timeout while the ball was dead.

Also, why are icon passes slower than other passes?...Why do they float so much?...It's silly....All icon passing does is allow you to specify which player you want to pass to. Why does it effect the speed, when the same pass can be made much more quickly without icon passing?...It makes no sense whatsoever...Couple this with the "psychic defender" AI that plagues 2K and icon passing can become a big liability.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 17

I think it's a slight delay to balance the poor transition. Without the delay ppl will quickly inbound the ball and turbo pass the backpedaling defenders.

"Back court steal cheese", just exercise a lil patience you'll be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
I think it's a slight delay to balance the poor transition. Without the delay ppl will quickly inbound the ball and turbo pass the backpedaling defenders.

"Back court steal cheese", just exercise a lil patience you'll be alright.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm an elite level player, actually. I exercise patience when necessary. But, sometimes I want to inbound the ball in a timely fashion. Is that too much to ask for?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »