Home

When do you think 2k will implement the official NBA All-Star Weekend into a game

This is a discussion on When do you think 2k will implement the official NBA All-Star Weekend into a game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
When do you think 2k will implement the official NBA All-Star Weekend into a game

I was wondering if it is possible for 2k to implement the official NBA All-Star Weekend into one of their games. I remember how fun it used to be for ps2 back in the day on NBA Live. Back then it was just the Rookie Game, 3point contest and the Dunk Contest.

Current exclusive NBA player events include the same 3 & an additional one:

Rising Stars Challenge
Skills Challenge
Three-Point Contest
Slam Dunk Contest

What has been holding 2k back in the past in regards to this and when do you think it will be added into a game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: When do you think 2k will implement the official NBA All-Star Weekend into a game

Would be cool
Old 08-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
Pro

CaCHooKa Man's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: When do you think 2k will implement the official NBA All-Star Weekend into a game

EA Sports used to have the license for All-Star Weekend until 2K13 came out
Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
EA Sports used to have the license for All-Star Weekend until 2K13 came out
I do not believe this is true. Elsewise, I have doubts 2K would have been able to offer the official NBA All-Star Game, All-Star jerseys, All-Star voting, official All-Star court art (with official NBA All-Star Weekend logos), the T-Mobile Rookie/Sophomore Showdown, and the Sprite Slam Dunk all throughout the last console generation, predating 2K13 by at least six years.

Personally, I feel if All-Star Weekend were built correctly, it'd be welcomed with open arms. Unfortunately, 2K seems to have taken turns between offering unrealistic settings and awful gameplay. For instance, the NBA 2K7 Sprite Dunk Contest had a pretty solid gameplay dynamic (though still paling in comparison to NBA Live's). Only, 2K7's Dunk Contest took place outdoors and beared very little resemblance to the real life NBA Slam Dunk Contest. Not to mention, there was virtually no customization options (each contest had to include four players in a single elimination format).

When 2K was finally able to come around on the dunk contest setting, moving it indoors in 2K13 to properly be a part of All-Star Weekend, they absolutely, positively butchered the controls and gameplay (the famed Guitar Hero approach, with virtually no correlation between controller input and on-screen output).

If 2K could get the gameplay for each mode right (including smoothing out the 3pt. Shootout) on top of opening up customization (how many rounds & opponents, jersey selections, warm-ups selections, create-a-player inclusion), I think All-Star Weekend could be quite a significant draw and yet another excellent push toward realism and authenticity.

Last edited by VDusen04; 08-28-2014 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

You guys have the shortest memories ever.

2K13 had the entire All Star Weekend as a DLC, and last year it's in the regular game.

Everything but the skills challenge anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 01:23 AM   #6
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

If 2K could get the gameplay for each mode right (including smoothing out the 3pt. Shootout) on top of opening up customization (how many rounds & opponents, jersey selections, warm-ups selections, create-a-player inclusion), I think All-Star Weekend could be quite a significant draw and yet another excellent push toward realism and authenticity.
if they put all that in '15, i don't think I'd need to buy another game ever
Old 08-29-2014, 02:12 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617
You guys have the shortest memories ever.

2K13 had the entire All Star Weekend as a DLC, and last year it's in the regular game.

Everything but the skills challenge anyway.
The thing is we need this for next gen with all 4 modes if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
if they put all that in '15, i don't think I'd need to buy another game ever
No other game needed, atleast until 2k16 lol. Just kidding but I would feel good about it myself.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:29 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea I would def welcome it in the next gen. I heard some players want it in their mygm,mycareer also which sounds cool as long as the gameplay is right... OnlineNation and SimNation All Day

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »