Home

Team up and online rivalry/dream match ups for 2k15or16

This is a discussion on Team up and online rivalry/dream match ups for 2k15or16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Team up and online rivalry/dream match ups for 2k15or16

This may get moved as I am sure this is likely a 2k16 wish list but....

Wouldn't team up and online quick matches be better if 2k scheduled rivalries or dream match ups for this? Maybe one or a group of rivalries/match ups that change weekly? Could be a great way to keep the community involved and excited.

They could keep stats as to which team is winning the battle globally similar to what they do with the card app every now and then.

Plus, for Team up especially, you wouldn't be stuck having to be someone like Robin Lopez if you select a more star filled rivalry to play.

Imagine the options:
Spurs vs Thunder
Lakers 86 vs celtics 86
Knicks (Ewing) vs Rockets (Hakeem)
Team USA generational battles
Classic or current all star team battles

Just an idea....I hate when I sign in for team up and have to run with scrubs.

EDIT: Not referring to private matches/team up and not concerned about user rankings so much.
Talking more macro for both team up and quick matches online. GLOBALLY being played out to collect stats to declare the true virtual rivalry team winner if you will..not just in a private setting.

Simple concept:
2k loads the team rivalries/dream match ups weekly.
Globally...users play out the match ups for that given week.
Stats are collected for the rivalry.
(Example- Winner-Loser and player (not user) stats showing global averages (Larry Bird 24pts, 8 rbd,etc)
Again, Not just my private match up friends.

There could be classic greatest games, replaying current playoff match ups during a heated series, all star match ups, team USA, etc.
2k could even set it up as an all time bracket that determines an overall winner. Possibilities are endless.
Think of it like those bracket challenges where fans vote the team to be the winner though a series of match ups but instead .....we play it out instead of just voting.

Does that make sense?

Last edited by spudnique; 08-30-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Team up and online rivalry/dream match ups for 2k15or16

Just play private teamup and you can do this (besides usa team)
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 33

I love private matchups but the lack of stat tracking makes it a little bit less enticing, hopefully they either add that feature or bring my crew into next/current gen ... on the court tho, one of the better experiences one can have, specially if played by/with sim heads.

Also, would love to have the option of only vetoing your team, not both at once, for ranked matchs ... I can play with any player or team, but recognize that most dont ... it is very frustrating to see players leave as they were happy with a team/player and because the opponents werent with their, both teams changed and then only me and a friend were left.

Finally, if only teamup/crew featured a tournament/season like sub mode with a BF4 commander like feature, paraphrasing a season and a championship goal and letting users act as headcoaches or Gms, ordering plays, subbing user players in and out and building a roster.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 08-29-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
I love private matchups but the lack of stat tracking makes it a little bit less enticing, hopefully they either add that feature or bring my crew into next/current gen ... on the court tho, one of the better experiences one can have, specially if played by/with sim heads.

Also, would love to have the option of only vetoing your team, not both at once, for ranked matchs ... I can play with any player or team, but recognize that most dont ... it is very frustrating to see players leave as they were happy with a team/player and because the opponents werent with their, both teams changed and then only me and a friend were left.

Finally, if only teamup/crew featured a tournament/season like sub mode with a BF4 commander like feature, paraphrasing a season and a championship goal and letting users act as headcoaches or Gms, ordering plays, subbing user players in and out and building a roster.
I agree with stat tracking and the ability to rate users on a number basis would entice users to take a Team Up/ Crew game not only serious for the Win but for the ranking also.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

You mean like what EA done to their UFC game? They have rivalries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
You mean like what EA done to their UFC game? They have rivalries
Not sure. Haven't played UFC.

I mean like how the nba 2k14 app has rivalries. You could apply that same concept to online quick matches and team up matches.

For example there would be two modes:
Online quick match weekly rivalries/dream match ups
And
Online team up weekly rivalries/dream match ups

2k updates them with new rivalries/dream match ups each week with a start and end date. We as a community play whatever one or all we like throughout the week. W-L, points, rebounds, assists, etc can be averaged out at the end to see what the trend was. Lakers beat the celtics 70% of the time....magic was the star player 45% of the time....Byron Scott averaged the most 3s.....and on and on.

I think it would be cool to go in each week and see what match ups were in there and play them out globally to see how it shakes out.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Sounds good, I've been saying for years tho that for rank teamup we need lobbies. If they wont give us the ability to pick which players we can pick. Give us the option to pick which teams we can pick. Also tally up our stats etc n base that on which position we will play. So whoever does the most assists out of 10 gms for ex then that person automatically should be the pg. There has to be a better system/matchmaking for teamup. Anyways good idea you have!

Call in the Online Nation Radio Show every Monday Nights 7pm Est.. 877 497 1811

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nycdafuture

Follow me on https://Twitter.com/NYCDaFuture

OnlineNation Is a Movement.OnlineNation and SimNation All Day!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudnique
Not sure. Haven't played UFC.

I mean like how the nba 2k14 app has rivalries. You could apply that same concept to online quick matches and team up matches.

For example there would be two modes:
Online quick match weekly rivalries/dream match ups
And
Online team up weekly rivalries/dream match ups

2k updates them with new rivalries/dream match ups each week with a start and end date. We as a community play whatever one or all we like throughout the week. W-L, points, rebounds, assists, etc can be averaged out at the end to see what the trend was. Lakers beat the celtics 70% of the time....magic was the star player 45% of the time....Byron Scott averaged the most 3s.....and on and on.

I think it would be cool to go in each week and see what match ups were in there and play them out globally to see how it shakes out.
EA UFC rivalries basically allow you to play and challenge people on your friend's list. And you can see your records against them and how many games you need to beat them to get the belt. I think it's not bad.

2K can do an online match where you can team up with another person to play against the CPU as COOP...that's also fun. Sort of like couch coop but online...and i prefer 2 players only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »