Home

Jersey selection in My Player Mode

This is a discussion on Jersey selection in My Player Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 02:15 AM   #73
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Jersey selection in My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
You're getting it kind of twisted. It's not a minor thing, but it's also not anywhere near a deal breaker. It helps with the immersion and etc. Just like when you play what you play, you'd like to wear some of you guys alternates or throwbacks. You'd get tired of wearing and playing against teams wearing the same jerseys all the time.

Well, it could stop there. It doesn't affect the gameplay or the realism of just being a MP. You're just being too technical. Like I said, I could see if I asked to sign FAs, make trades, and control the whole team and etc. We are simply asking for jersey changes before games. I don't see how that would mess up the experience by changing jerseys at ALL.
I have no issue with your position on this. You're right. There's little harm in allowing it. I, personally, would not want it so as not to break the illusion. I agree that the game SHOULD have us wear alternates on occasion. Kinda silly that we don't ATM
Old 09-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #74
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nddot
breh, thats gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever read on the OS boards...thats quite an accomplishment.
Explain to me what part the statement you quoted was not true? Name ONE player that is in charge of deciding what uniform is worn by the team? Do that and you win...

Breh... Whatever that is.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-16-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:28 AM   #75
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I can't really buy that argument. I might agree if the game was fully immersive and the jerseys changed according to actual real life jersey schedules in MyPlayer. But it doesn't, not that I know of. Instead you're stuck on default (maybe a holiday jersey?). No short sleeve Saturdays. No throwback nights. That's not realistic, role playing, or immersive. Letting you choose jerseys at least allows you to fix that.

Your analogy is a but more akin to saying its okay if there are no trades in a coach mode. I can't agree until there's a functional AI GM (which there is fortunately).
Then instead of asking to circumvent a bug/limitation, why not ask for the implementation of that schedule you just mentioned. You know what I'm saying?

Instead of saying, "hey allow us to pick alternate jerseys!", why not say, "hey, put in the logic to have us play with alternate jerseys on occasion or more often!"

Btw, don't you play in alternates on holidays and such in MyCareer? I don't know. I couldn't stand the cheesy story scenes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 04:20 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 0
Jersey selection in My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I have no issue with your position on this. You're right. There's little harm in allowing it. I, personally, would not want it so as not to break the illusion. I agree that the game SHOULD have us wear alternates on occasion. Kinda silly that we don't ATM

But, a lot of people would love to change their jerseys in MP Mode. If it was in, all you would have to do is just keep wearing the regular jerseys lol and not change it. Me personally, I would rather choose my jerseys and wear them when I would like instead of the CPU doing it even though it'd be cool.

I've never played NG 2K14, but on 360, in association they would automatically change your jersey during Noche Latina week. Would be cool if they had both options, but I would prefer choosing which jerseys I would like to wear on my own because sometimes there is a lot depending on the team.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #77
Banned

Ok, can someone answer this.
1. Has someone modded the pc version in the past to allow different jersey's in the mp mode?

If that is true, then why cant it happen now? Now, I do realize that the next gen 2k uses a different engine and architecture, but last I checked, it uses x86. The same architecture that the PC version of the game been using for years. The truth will come out eventually . If for some reason, the pc version of 2k15 gets a mod that allows different jersey's in MP then, well you know what that means 2k.

#EXPOSED
Old 09-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #78
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by realnicca
Ok, can someone answer this.
1. Has someone modded the pc version in the past to allow different jersey's in the mp mode?

If that is true, then why cant it happen now? Now, I do realize that the next gen 2k uses a different engine and architecture, but last I checked, it uses x86. The same architecture that the PC version of the game been using for years. The truth will come out eventually . If for some reason, the pc version of 2k15 gets a mod that allows different jersey's in MP then, well you know what that means 2k.

#EXPOSED
They go in and change the jersey iffs
Old 09-08-2014, 11:14 PM   #79
Just started!

Icon14 Re: Jersey selection in My Player Mode

I hope so! It would add a lot of customization and control to this year's game.
Well they said they could only talk about my career after my team so their might be something exciting in store.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 AM   #80
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

I can see why it might be hard to give us the option to choose the jersey ourselves,

still don't see why it would be hard to have the computer randomize it sometimes to see different jerseys now and then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »