Home

Jersey selection in My Player Mode

This is a discussion on Jersey selection in My Player Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Jersey selection in My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
If you don't really believe what were telling you in a general sense you probably wouldn't believe us in a detailed sense because you already IMO believe there is no way this should not be done. LOL it is a lose lose situation and it is the reason not all dev teams interact at a detailed level with the fans of their game.

Because unless you sit in their shoes and see all they see and the work etc etc some of this stuff IS hard to believe. Trust me I know. Now being on the other side it's like dam I get it.

Unless your in the situation with that code your gonna think however your going to think there is nothing we can say because in your mind it's simple.

What ever the problem is your thing is well put someone on that. LOL and i get it I really do but it don't work like that. LOL

I've been a member here forever and you don't believe ME when I say it's more difficult than it seems. LOLOL.

I understand you want this in the game. Hopefully one day it will be.
First Czar, thanks for the responses. I personally have been on these forums for years as well, but not nearly as long or as involved as you I'd imagine. My point is you're the first person I've seen affiliated with 2k to truly attempt to answer why this request hasn't been satisfied. Personally when I've asked in the past, the question has largely been ignored. Again, I don't check the forums daily, so devs may have tried to answer this question previously and I merely overlooked it. That's completely possible. So not speaking for anyone other than myself, having my question seemingly ignored definitely gave the impression that the issue itself was being ignored, as opposed to being a deeper structural issue within the game itself that has been attempted to be resolved unsuccessfully. So sincerely, thank you attempting to explain. I ("We" I hope) appreciate it.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

You are guys are taking it a little far by saying we our MP's, so we shouldn't be able to select jerseys. It's a game.

That's like saying, you're a GM, you shouldn't be able to actually play the games since you are the general manager.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:50 PM   #59
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
So u don't see an issue when your 5'9 PG checks in to guard Marc Gasol, or your 6'11 C can only run around and set screens hoping to get other players to move? This is a Sim basketball game so things like your team running sets and your coach knowing what position you play are kinda important. And if the game can't get this right the ability to make it right should be given to the players. MyCareer suffers from a lot of A.I. issues from a basketball standpoint, so if they could fix these I MAY be able to look past jersey selection, that's a BIG maybe tho

What does a bug in matchup logic or sub logic have to do with choosing jerseys or calling plays? I assume you're being extreme in your example as I have not seen the PG guarding C bug since 2k11. The ability to correct issues is fine. But normally, there is nothing all that egregious to allow folks to complete violate the spirit if roleplaying. This topic was about jersey selection. Let's not blow it out to be more than that.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #60
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by subway
A user does not have to change the jerseys it is my player. But the CPU should change the jerseys to alternates and throwbacks. Is it hard for the CPU to change jerseys? The CPU changes the home and away jerseys.

Now THIS I agree with. It should not be hard for the AI to just occasionally choose an alternate jersey. It shouldn't be hard. If it is, then someone is screwing up there.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #61
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
You are guys are taking it a little far by saying we our MP's, so we shouldn't be able to select jerseys. It's a game.

That's like saying, you're a GM, you shouldn't be able to actually play the games since you are the general manager.

Why is that going too far? That is no argument. You know one of the reason a player or GM has a hard time doing their job? Because they can't control every aspect of the job. Part of life in the professional world is that you can only control what you can control. The GAME is role play. If I play a player that can make coach or GM decisions, then I'm really not role playing as a player, am I? If you want more, play MyLeague and player lock your controller. Solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 05:10 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Why is that going too far? That is no argument. You know one of the reason a player or GM has a hard time doing their job? Because they can't control every aspect of the job. Part of life in the professional world is that you can only control what you can control. The GAME is role play. If I play a player that can make coach or GM decisions, then I'm really not role playing as a player, am I? If you want more, play MyLeague and player lock your controller. Solved.

Because you're simply taking the being a player part too far. You have to take it as we shouldn't be able to select our jerseys before the game because we are players lol? If you don't think that's taking it too far, I don't know what to tell you. And to tell me to play another mode because I would like to choose my jerseys before a game is silly.

It doesn't affect the game like you're making it seem. I could see if I said, I wanted to make trades for my team or set the minutes, we're asking to select jerseys. C'mon now. If you don't believe you're overblowing this, we should just end the conversation.

Like I said it's a game. Sometimes being too realistic isn't good. Not a real good comparison, but that's like playing GTA and being required to stop at a red light or you'd get wanted stars each time. That would kill the fun factor in that game.

You're being too technical. If you played MyGM, you shouldn't be allowed to play the actual games then. You should have to sit in the stands or something and watch the CPU play.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #63
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
Because you're simply taking the being a player part too far. You have to take it as we shouldn't be able to select our jerseys before the game because we are players lol? If you don't think that's taking it too far, I don't know what to tell you. And to tell me to play another mode because I would like to choose my jerseys before a game is silly.

It doesn't affect the game like you're making it seem. I could see if I said, I wanted to make trades for my team or set the minutes, we're asking to select jerseys. C'mon now. If you don't believe you're overblowing this, we should just end the conversation.

Like I said it's a game. Sometimes being too realistic isn't good. Not a real good comparison, but that's like playing GTA and being required to stop at a red light or you'd get wanted stars each time. That would kill the fun factor in that game.

You're being too technical. If you played MyGM, you shouldn't be allowed to play the actual games then. You should have to sit in the stands or something and watch the CPU play.

Hold on. I'm not saying it's an unreasonable request. It sounds pretty harmless right. What I'm saying is that I can understand the reason behind not allowing it. If you allow one little thing, where does it stop? But nevermind that part if it. From where I'm standing, a small set of people are making a big deal out of it in the face of someone like the Czar saying that it's not something trivial to do. So, since it IS such a minor thing, why not just move on and just ask for it again? My thing is that even the smallest break in the illusion has a huge impact on the experience.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #64
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Mike came and here, heard feedback that what we wanted manual injury's, said that he may be able to add it in, no promises...and got it in the game for us...but guys are in here acting like the devs just don't feel like "flipping the switch" and adding the ability to change jerseys...

This board sometimes man, lol...by all means, if it's that incredibly easy, PM one of the devs the coding to get it done....
As I said before, but got hate for saying...

The devs have earned my trust. If they say something like this APPEARS simple but is actually really, really hard to do, then I believe them.

And Da_Czar gave further testimony supporting why I hold this position.

There's something I could say here, but given how strict the mods are (understandably so), I'll hold back.

Let's just say that I am autistic (diagnosed in 1994 at age 11) and have mild OCD, and I have no problem with the devs' word on this, because I know it's such a minor thing. Yes, it would be nice to have, but we don't HAVE to have it.

I mean, really. They gave us just about EVERYTHING we asked for in MyLeague and MyGM--even adding manual injuries to the former at the last minute, just because we wanted them.

Would you really NOT BUY THE GAME just because of something THIS MINOR?

If so, that says more about YOU than it says about the devs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »