Home

Jersey selection in My Player Mode

This is a discussion on Jersey selection in My Player Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 05:47 PM   #65

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Jersey selection in My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Here is the thing men, every game does not have the same architecture and background processes or databases etc.

There is also the issue of resource allocation.

MAYBE the work that it would take to fulfill this request is not a high enough priority in relation to the what else could be accomplished with those same resources.

Could this be done is not the only question. The other question is at what cost and what else if anything would suffer.

If mygm and myleague had half their features but we had the ability to change jersey's in this mode I think the majority of gamers would feel that was a misuse of resources. (A gross overstatement).

We are not always able to tell you everything. That is just the way this business works. We have looked into it and asked and pleaded and there has been a real barrier to this happening due to a number of reasons.

Is that going to make you feel better. Unfortunately not, but all we can do is relate to you the facts as we know them OR just ignore the question completely. We chose the former

Again what another game has done or not done has no bearing unless they have the exact same architecture and in this instance that is not the case.

At least we are not avoiding the question, were giving you the truth, it is much more difficult than it would appear. If that is not good enough for you then I'm not sure what else to tell you.

The purpose of us relating that to you is so that you understand we are not purposefully trying to screw you over or not listening there are just some barriers that need to be overcome to get it done and they are costly from a resource standpoint as i understand it.

Also all of this was not directly to you I just don't always have that multi-quote skill set popping.
I understand that. Its just disappointing that after 6 years this thing still hasnt been figured out. Myplayer has evolved into mycareer with freaking storylines, association is gone and now we have mygm, we have a fully customizable myleague, there was no MyTeam when Myplayer debuted. All this stuff was able to be added into the game in this 6 year span but they havent been able to get a option to change jerseys. I understand you have to pick and choose where your resources go but again the thing that sticks out is 6 years, 6 development cycles and there wasnt enough time or resources for this thing. Thank you for being honest with us though because this is actually the first year ive ever seen a response to whether this was in or not before the game launched. Its no where near a deal breaker for me. I just hope we are not waiting another 6 years for this option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
As I said before, but got hate for saying...

The devs have earned my trust. If they say something like this APPEARS simple but is actually really, really hard to do, then I believe them.

And Da_Czar gave further testimony supporting why I hold this position.

There's something I could say here, but given how strict the mods are (understandably so), I'll hold back.

Let's just say that I am autistic (diagnosed in 1994 at age 11) and have mild OCD, and I have no problem with the devs' word on this, because I know it's such a minor thing. Yes, it would be nice to have, but we don't HAVE to have it.

I mean, really. They gave us just about EVERYTHING we asked for in MyLeague and MyGM--even adding manual injuries to the former at the last minute, just because we wanted them.

Would you really NOT BUY THE GAME just because of something THIS MINOR?

If so, that says more about YOU than it says about the devs.

No one is talking about not buying the game. Just stating something that we as gamers and fans of that particular mode would bring an even greater enjoyment out of the experience. That's all.

One thing I love about these games is that they have so many modes that allow you to choose which one(s) speaks most to your play style and sensibilities. Some people play them all. Some play only a few. And neither are wrong. Me personally, I almost solely play MyCareer. It's the mode I dreamed about ever since basketball video games first hit the market. So for me, I don't want to have to play another mode that I'm less interested in, just to see the variety of uniforms available. Again, it's not a deal breaker. Just would be appreciated. But as u mentioned, I believe and appreciate the Czar's input as to why this hasn't been added. Frankly, it's the first time I've heard anyone associated with 2k attempt to elaborate on why it hasn't been added. Not that they haven't. I just never saw it. I hope someone there is able to resolve the issue in the near future.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #67
Banned

OVR: 0
Jersey selection in My Player Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Hold on. I'm not saying it's an unreasonable request. It sounds pretty harmless right. What I'm saying is that I can understand the reason behind not allowing it. If you allow one little thing, where does it stop? But nevermind that part if it. From where I'm standing, a small set of people are making a big deal out of it in the face of someone like the Czar saying that it's not something trivial to do. So, since it IS such a minor thing, why not just move on and just ask for it again? My thing is that even the smallest break in the illusion has a huge impact on the experience.

You're getting it kind of twisted. It's not a minor thing, but it's also not anywhere near a deal breaker. It helps with the immersion and etc. Just like when you play what you play, you'd like to wear some of you guys alternates or throwbacks. You'd get tired of wearing and playing against teams wearing the same jerseys all the time.

Well, it could stop there. It doesn't affect the gameplay or the realism of just being a MP. You're just being too technical. Like I said, I could see if I asked to sign FAs, make trades, and control the whole team and etc. We are simply asking for jersey changes before games. I don't see how that would mess up the experience by changing jerseys at ALL.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #68
Banned

Is it possible in MyCareer Mode to put all the uniforms on a cloud server and download them onto the team before the next game starts?
Old 09-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
You're getting it kind of twisted. It's not a minor thing, but it's also not anywhere near a deal breaker. It helps with the immersion and etc. Just like when you play what you play, you'd like to wear some of you guys alternates or throwbacks. You'd get tired of wearing and playing against teams wearing the same jerseys all the time.

Well, it could stop there. It doesn't affect the gameplay or the realism of just being a MP. You're just being too technical. Like I said, I could see if I asked to sign FAs, make trades, and control the whole team and etc. We are simply asking for jersey changes before games. I don't see how that would mess up the experience by changing jerseys at ALL.
It's certainly not a dealbreaker but if and when it is added into the mode it will make the mode that much more playable. one of the knocks this mode has is that after the 1st or 2nd season the game gets very stale; this would help a little bit.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #70
Banned

I agree 100% with you. All those nice jerseys and we can only wear home and away jerseys. I am sure they'll take care of us next year, but I wish it was in this year.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Why is that going too far? That is no argument. You know one of the reason a player or GM has a hard time doing their job? Because they can't control every aspect of the job. Part of life in the professional world is that you can only control what you can control. The GAME is role play. If I play a player that can make coach or GM decisions, then I'm really not role playing as a player, am I? If you want more, play MyLeague and player lock your controller. Solved.
I can't really buy that argument. I might agree if the game was fully immersive and the jerseys changed according to actual real life jersey schedules in MyPlayer. But it doesn't, not that I know of. Instead you're stuck on default (maybe a holiday jersey?). No short sleeve Saturdays. No throwback nights. That's not realistic, role playing, or immersive. Letting you choose jerseys at least allows you to fix that.

Your analogy is a but more akin to saying its okay if there are no trades in a coach mode. I can't agree until there's a functional AI GM (which there is fortunately).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #72
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Here is the thing men, every game does not have the same architecture and background processes or databases etc.

There is also the issue of resource allocation.

MAYBE the work that it would take to fulfill this request is not a high enough priority in relation to the what else could be accomplished with those same resources.

Could this be done is not the only question. The other question is at what cost and what else if anything would suffer.

If mygm and myleague had half their features but we had the ability to change jersey's in this mode I think the majority of gamers would feel that was a misuse of resources. (A gross overstatement).

We are not always able to tell you everything. That is just the way this business works. We have looked into it and asked and pleaded and there has been a real barrier to this happening due to a number of reasons.

Is that going to make you feel better. Unfortunately not, but all we can do is relate to you the facts as we know them OR just ignore the question completely. We chose the former

Again what another game has done or not done has no bearing unless they have the exact same architecture and in this instance that is not the case.

At least we are not avoiding the question, were giving you the truth, it is much more difficult than it would appear. If that is not good enough for you then I'm not sure what else to tell you.

The purpose of us relating that to you is so that you understand we are not purposefully trying to screw you over or not listening there are just some barriers that need to be overcome to get it done and they are costly from a resource standpoint as i understand it.

Also all of this was not directly to you I just don't always have that multi-quote skill set popping.

first off, thanks for the answer, you must be the only one member of the 2k team that actually took time to give us a explanation, somewhat vague, but i appreciate it.

Second i could understand it not being in the last gen games, but now with the next gen and more ressources, i thought the dev team would've more leeway to add this kind of details to enhance the immersion experience...After a while the mode gets boring.

thanks for taking your time to reply though

Quote:
I don't think there is a technical reason. You're a player. You don't pick the jerseys. Player vote is the extent you would have on jersey choice. That's it.

breh, thats gotta be the dumbest thing i've ever read on the OS boards...thats quite an accomplishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I can't really buy that argument. I might agree if the game was fully immersive and the jerseys changed according to actual real life jersey schedules in MyPlayer. But it doesn't, not that I know of. Instead you're stuck on default (maybe a holiday jersey?). No short sleeve Saturdays. No throwback nights. That's not realistic, role playing, or immersive. Letting you choose jerseys at least allows you to fix that.

This

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »