Home

NBA 2K15 MyGM To Distance Itself From VC, Be More Dynamic

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyGM To Distance Itself From VC, Be More Dynamic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #49
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
So... what features are in MyGM that aren't in MyCareer and vice versa? Because it sounds like you're the owner in one mode and the gm in the other. MyCareer sounded amazing, so I'm hoping it is complete with all of the scouting features, simming (and being able to jump in at any time), etc.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #50
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

MyLeague, not MyCareer. My bad.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:30 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyGM To Distance Itself From VC, Be More Dynamic

The icing on the cake would be the ability to have 3 team trade again. Has anyone heard anything about this being included in either mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 02:34 PM   #52
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
But the fact that both have been made out to seem like you can turn on or off most things that infuriated players previously, it makes you wonder why they're not together. For example, everything this article listed is something that should definitely be in, and probably is in MyLeague. I get MyGM may only allow you to control your GM, but they have the option for 1-30 team control for MyLeague and Association prior(which is why everyone was mad). If it was about limiting the experience to just you exclusively, I get it but is a entire different mode needed just for XP/upgrades, conversations and finances?

Not complaining, just wondering out loud because I liked the RPG elements, but I feel they should be in conjunction(to an extent) with the stuff MyLeague brings to the table.
I see what you're saying, but I'm thinking that the complete freedom MyLeague allows may screw things up in the more controlled MYGM. I'm sure a lot of it will be shared between the two modes though. 2K seems to have been listening to our complaints about last year. I had no intentions of touching MyGM mode again, ever, after that MyLeague interview. Now, I'm gonna give it a go. For that reason I'm personally happy with this because I want that complete separate experience.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #53
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
the customization in myleague would probably break a lot of the storyline gm stuff in mygm. No way you could do 30 team control with all those gm aspects contract negotiations etc popping up. So now you get to choose if you want to customize the whole league experience or focus on just the in depth of one team. I would much prefer them to be separate then blend them both and come up with something that has issues.
Well I guess I may be in the minority when I say, the only reason I did 30 team control was to minimize the cpu's idiocy. Outside of that I only played with one team with the occasional league pass game. That's why I see it as weird. Just having the option to turn off trades(or at least a slider to minimize them like MyLeague) and cpu lineup changes would've made the mode 10x more playable.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:38 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBfromCU32
I cant wait to here about this "robust" CAP... #Ourtimehascome
Still holding my breath on this
Old 09-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #55
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
College Stats: "For NBA 2K15 Visual Concepts built an engine to simulate an entire college season, giving you the ability to look at the stats of all draft candidates."
Damn

10 char
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #56
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

Is your MyGM still your MyPlayer character? Just wondering, because it looks a little ridiculous when you have a 20 year old looking dude running a professional sports team.

I'll play MyLeague a lot more because of all of the customization aspects, but MyGM will be a nice mode to play around with some too. I usually don't hold on to my sports games for the full year leading up to the next one... that may change this year. Great job, 2K!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »