Home

2k15 console/PC

This is a discussion on 2k15 console/PC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 06:46 PM   #33
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2k15 console/PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I do want to upgrade and get a new PC anyways, that's why I'm leaning towards it. I ruined my new laptop and thought my next PC might as well be used to play 2k since I've always wanted the roster editing capabilities.. I've saw videos, and a lot of the modding and stuff I think I could learn to do myself, so I could see it being very rewarding.. I used to mod items/clothes/etc for the sims, so hopefully I can learn to do the same for at least faces on 2K..

Any recommendations on what I should buy? I already have an extra 40inch TV that's just sitting the the closet, I thought about setting it up using that for my screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go with an Nvidia card if you can. Anything with a GTX on it is class. While Radeon is an attractive bang for buck proposition, I've had bad experiences with the drivers to the point that some games won't work properly at all. This may have changed, but Nvidia is always ahead on drivers anyway so its a safer bet. Personally, I run with two 670GTX's on SLI(two cards working at the same time) and it runs everything fine. 700GTX series are even more powerful and efficient, so one card would do the job easily. There's pretty affordable ones right now on sites like newegg.com and even at some retail stores. You don't need the top of the line, but its always good to future proof if you can afford it. Otherwise, the GT series is still efficient but you might run into slowdown at the higher resolutions. More power on your videocard means that you can get rid of the dreaded jagged look that plagues most consoles games (although this has gotten better with this new generation).

As far as processors, you'll have to see what you want to spend. I wouldn't really go for any of the "Extreme" series from Intel because they are way too expensive and seem like overkill, but I would definitely get an i7 with at least 3+GHz. Some people prefer going higher, but it usually involves overclocking and that will reduce the lifetime of your processor.

In terms of RAM, get at least 8GB. That will give you enough room to run your OS as well as any other applications and games without any hassle. If you're going to be doing 3D modeling and/or video editing, I suggest to go higher, but otherwise, it's overkill. Most games don't even come close to using 4GB's of memory so with 8Gigs you are safe.

For a power supply, I suggest something with plenty of power (+800watts) but no need to go reeeeeaaaally high. The trick with these is to find some that operate quietly because with a high end video card and a loud power supply you will end up with a PC that sounds like a jet engine like mine, specially if your case is well ventilated.

Other nice addons are a water pump for the CPU so it keeps it nice, efficient and cool. A well ventilated case works great too. Even though I'm running a lot of power, my PC doesn't even get nearly as hot as the newer consoles because of the liquid cooling.

If you select the parts yourself, you sill save quite a lot than buying pre-built. Brand and designer gaming PC's lure you in with the lower spec price but if you actually choose parts that can run games on max you end up paying a ton more than what was initially advertised. Some are beautiful, but they run into the same problems as self built machines. I've had an Alienware desktop before with all the bells and whistles and while it looked beautiful and ran quiet, it was no more powerful than what I had now and had several problems with the BIOS out of the box as well as costing me almost twice of what I paid for my self built. And that includes paying a store to build it for me.

You won't regret it if you're into beautiful visuals, it is well worth it in that regard. There's nothing more beautiful than NBA2k at Max settings running at a smooth framerate + all the mods.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #34
Rookie

dre2's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a beast gaming rig I built a couple years ago but I will still end up getting it for both so I can experience the best version and still have a larger online pool for play. But just for an impressive looking experience, my GTX Titan with my watercooled 3930k and 32gb of fast ram on my 1440p ips monitor is going to be damned orgasmic with the next gen engine (and eventually a lot of gnarly looking mods to make it even cleaner)!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
I don't know much about PC gaming, but can you buy a PC for the same price as a playstation 4?
http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 02:31 AM   #36
Rookie

I would advise you to spend around $500-$700 and buy the parts yourself. Yes that is more than a PS4 costs, but it will be more powerful than a PS4/XB1. Also the performance difference between a PC that cost's $300 and one that costs $500 are huge. If you buy the parts online you can usually save around 10% then you would if you bought them from a store. You can go to http://pcpartpicker.com to help you decide what to get and also show you where you can get the best prices for those parts. It also has a built in system to make sure all the parts are compatible with each other.

Using your 42 inch TV is a good idea. Most(If not all) modern video cards have HDMI or DVI that you could use to plug your TV into. So if your TV supports it, HDMI that is the way to go. Just remember that when it comes to buying PC components, you get what you pay for. So if you spend $30 on a video card, don't expect it to do much. With a $500-$700 budget, there is no reason you can't get a PC to run NBA 2K15 on high settings and a good resolution. That goes for most modern games as well. And in a couple of years if you need to upgrade you will only need to buy one part instead of getting a whole new system. That is something you can't do with the consoles. I would advise against getting any kind of laptop. You will not be able to get a good one anywhere near that price point. They are nice to take to work with you but they shouldn't be relied on for gaming.

Hope this helps
Old 09-12-2014, 03:38 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
id say pass on PC 2k honestly..theres a larger community and what not on console..unless you dont mind spending the extra money..maybe get both ^^

granted, you can get a "good" gaming computer custom for 400-500 now, but console packages are cheaper!

I probably will end up buying both honestly.. I don't play online so the bigger community doesn't appeal much to me.. I pretty much only play myGM or whatever they call it this year, or mess around with custom/classic rosters.. That's about it unless I have a friend come over or something, which rarely happens now that I'm old lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2014, 04:03 AM   #38
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusbobby23
I would advise you to spend around $500-$700 and buy the parts yourself. Yes that is more than a PS4 costs, but it will be more powerful than a PS4/XB1. Also the performance difference between a PC that cost's $300 and one that costs $500 are huge. If you buy the parts online you can usually save around 10% then you would if you bought them from a store. You can go to http://pcpartpicker.com to help you decide what to get and also show you where you can get the best prices for those parts. It also has a built in system to make sure all the parts are compatible with each other.

Using your 42 inch TV is a good idea. Most(If not all) modern video cards have HDMI or DVI that you could use to plug your TV into. So if your TV supports it, HDMI that is the way to go. Just remember that when it comes to buying PC components, you get what you pay for. So if you spend $30 on a video card, don't expect it to do much. With a $500-$700 budget, there is no reason you can't get a PC to run NBA 2K15 on high settings and a good resolution. That goes for most modern games as well. And in a couple of years if you need to upgrade you will only need to buy one part instead of getting a whole new system. That is something you can't do with the consoles. I would advise against getting any kind of laptop. You will not be able to get a good one anywhere near that price point. They are nice to take to work with you but they shouldn't be relied on for gaming.

Hope this helps
This is exactly what I'll be doing when I get a new computer next year.

Plus, on the off-chance 2K15 winds up a misstep like 2K12 was (which I HIGHLY DOUBT will happen, don't get me wrong), then I can get 2K11 on Steam and look for a mod that changes the controls for getting into/playing the post into something more akin to later games. That was the one thing I didn't like about that game, because I love playing a center so much.

Speaking of building computers, I highly recommend LogicalIncrements.com for your parts needs. Holy cow, I wish I'd known about this website YEARS ago!

Last edited by Trackball; 09-12-2014 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Added link.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:11 AM   #39
Banned

2K12 a misstep? 2K12 was the best Basketball Game ever!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
You can go to reddit ( http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc ) and post your demands and they will do it quickly and within budget. Also probably best bang for buck deal. Off top of my head i can recommend 8 core 3.2 ghz processor, beast motherboard to go with it, 4-6 gb graphics card, 8-16 gb of ram.

You dont need 8 cores to game a quad core processor will do just fine

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »