Home

2k15 console/PC

This is a discussion on 2k15 console/PC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #41
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2k15 console/PC

While it is entirely possible to build a decent gaming PC for under 1k, I usually recommend at least hitting that mark if you want to bump up the Anti Aliasing. Personally, I absolutely HATE jaggies and downscaling(using a resolution that's higher than what your monitor supports) and AA is the only way to get rid of them completely. This is incredibly taxing on the system and having a great videocard and a decent processor is a must. Again, this is personal preference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
While it is entirely possible to build a decent gaming PC for under 1k, I usually recommend at least hitting that mark if you want to bump up the Anti Aliasing. Personally, I absolutely HATE jaggies and downscaling(using a resolution that's higher than what your monitor supports) and AA is the only way to get rid of them completely. This is incredibly taxing on the system and having a great videocard and a decent processor is a must. Again, this is personal preference.
And this is why you need 8 core processor. My (approximate)setup that I posted would be 700 €/1000$.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:13 PM   #43
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
id say pass on PC 2k honestly..theres a larger community and what not on console..unless you dont mind spending the extra money..maybe get both ^^

granted, you can get a "good" gaming computer custom for 400-500 now, but console packages are cheaper!
The PC version may not have as much of a community in terms of online play, but the modding community makes it well worth it. They can fix courts, player faces and body types that 2k didn't get right, add custom arena sounds, presentation overlays (real TNT splashes, scoreboard, and music), jerseys, etc. If you're willing to pay, I've seen a couple guys that can create a cyberface for you personally to use on your MyPlayer. The list goes on and on. Lots of potential with the next gen version coming to PC.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:50 PM   #44
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
And this is why you need 8 core processor. My (approximate)setup that I posted would be 700 €/1000$.
Anti-aliasing calculations are done by the GPU, not the CPU. Also the number of cores you have isn't very relevant for gaming. Most Intel's top CPUs right now have 4 or 6 cores.

As for the topic the console versions of NBA 2K as with most sport games have a much bigger player base so if you like to play online leagues, crew or team-up I'd recommend the console version. If you want to play offline or online modes other than the ones I mentioned then the PC version is going to offer a better experience.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #45
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I assume 8KB24 meant an 8 threaded processor, but the point still remains - very few PC games benefit from more than 4 threads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #46
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
The PC version may not have as much of a community in terms of online play, but the modding community makes it well worth it. They can fix courts, player faces and body types that 2k didn't get right, add custom arena sounds, presentation overlays (real TNT splashes, scoreboard, and music), jerseys, etc. If you're willing to pay, I've seen a couple guys that can create a cyberface for you personally to use on your MyPlayer. The list goes on and on. Lots of potential with the next gen version coming to PC.
Yeah but most of the game modes are online. If OP wants to play with friends mostly he should go with whatever they use . PC good for offline play console good for multiplayer

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #47
Rookie

jaywv30's Arena

OVR: 4

I've never really played the PC version online but I have friends over all the time and we have a blast playing with all the classic rosters. We hook up 2 or 3 Xbox 360 controllers to my PC and connect it to my HDTV. With the UBR Roster you have pretty much every team in the last 40 years or so.....a lot of fun to play with a random team. I'm going to try online play with the regular roster on PC this year...if its any good I doubt I even get the console version.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:23 PM   #48
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywv30
I've never really played the PC version online but I have friends over all the time and we have a blast playing with all the classic rosters. We hook up 2 or 3 Xbox 360 controllers to my PC and connect it to my HDTV. With the UBR Roster you have pretty much every team in the last 40 years or so.....a lot of fun to play with a random team. I'm going to try online play with the regular roster on PC this year...if its any good I doubt I even get the console version.
Do you have the game install to a laptop or desktop?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »