Home

NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 10:21 AM   #49
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

Duncan is worth a 90 to his team based on the new formula....the only player present for all five rings.....

And a ninety doesn't mean Duncan will shoot 3pt and dunk over people or pull off incredible ankle breaking crossovers

The 90 is his value to the team....another player with 90 could put up better offensive numbers have more of an offensive game than Duncan, but if we go by the new formula where total averages aren't displayed as rating....this year its the highest calculations from all the attributes that are displayed.....

If that is how I understand it....feel free to correct me if am wrong

Last edited by kolanji; 09-10-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

This whole true value to the team ranking system really doesn't make sense without players ratings changing once they land in a new spot.. Tim Duncan being a 90 can be justifiable, but he arguably wouldn't be that high for any team other than the Spurs.

I guess as a whole this rating system throws me off.. I understand they take the highest formula and that's what gets the player their overall, and it's hard to compare because not every player has the same formula.. But at the same time, regardless of the formula, there are more than 3 players currently playing that should have a higher overall rating that Duncan, IMO.. Having 5 rings has little to do with how highly rated he should be for the year 2k15..

With all that being said I could see his awareness ratings being maxed out, and on past games those two ratings could bump a player 15+ overall points, so I guess we'll wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #51
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

5 pages in and people can't seem to understand that the rating doesn't mean this guy is capable of putting up 40 minutes a game every night.

It was pretty clear last year that his stamina level fell correctly in line and he could only be fully effective at around 30 minutes a night. His collective fatigue or whatever its called also progressed much quicker than younger players.

If you look at his long term statistics you'll notice that his P.E.R and per 36 and 40 minutes are relatively consistent over his career.

What has gone significantly down are his minutes per game.

I don't always agree with 2K but they got this aspect of the game right.

I noticed multiple times last year when he was "tired" he would be drained by the 2nd quarter. Had to give him a day off a couple of times to keep him fresh.

The Golf Club Published Courses
The OsoV2
Big Leaf of South Texas
Mt. Turner - Island Links
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 10:46 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
5 pages in and people can't seem to understand that the rating doesn't mean this guy is capable of putting up 40 minutes a game every night.

It was pretty clear last year that his stamina level fell correctly in line and he could only be fully effective at around 30 minutes a night. His collective fatigue or whatever its called also progressed much quicker than younger players.

If you look at his long term statistics you'll notice that his P.E.R and per 36 and 40 minutes are relatively consistent over his career.

I noticed multiple times last year when he was "tired" he would be drained by the 2nd quarter. Had to give him a day off a couple of times to keep him fresh.
Thank you. Finally someone reasonable.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
This whole true value to the team ranking system really doesn't make sense without players ratings changing once they land in a new spot.. Tim Duncan being a 90 can be justifiable, but he arguably wouldn't be that high for any team other than the Spurs.
Yeah, this aspect is still confusing. My conclusion at this point is that that was said to describe the motivation behind the rating system, though in reality, it can't be actual if ratings are not relative to the team.

Quote:

If they get these aspects right, then this may actually be the more realistic way to rate him. The main limitations on TD as you said are age and minutes. I always use PER for my rating adjustments because that is the truest reflection of what a player does while on the floor. They may be using PER for some of the bench guys as well, which makes total sense. Just because a guy gets 10 mins a game, doesn't mean he should be an arbitrary 53 overall.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #54
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

NBA 2K15 - Spurs Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
It is really hard to compare Duncan to Love because you really are comparing a center/PF to just a PF. Love is a PF Duncan is a PF/C who actually play more minutes at center according to 82games.com.

Duncan is a better defender than Love. Love is good on one on one post defense like Duncan but Love is actually lackluster on providing rim protection.
OReb% Def reb% Blk% STL% Rim prot FG% Mid Rang16-23
Love 8.5 29.5 1.0 1.0 57.4 40%
Davis 10.0 23.3 6.7 2.0 48.8 37%
Duncan 8.6 28.3 4.6 1.0 47.6 37%

• Duncan is better than Love and Davis on the post offense. Davis is actually not good on the post yet he needs to get stronger which is why he bulked up he should be better on the post this year. He is great on pick and rolls though and clearly the most athletic out of the three.
  • Duncan is equivalent to Love and Davis in rebounding he just plays less minutes than they do. So if you look at Reb/g Love looks like he is killing it but really Duncan is doing great as well.
  • Love is a great 3PT shooter but he doesn't shoot great from midrange so his advantage there is not really that great as what people think.
  • Love weakness is help defense and rim protecting where that is actually a Duncan and Davis strength.
Combine all of that up and Love is better at scoring from the perimeter really only from 3pt land. Duncan is better in the post, better at defense typically expected for a 4 or 5. Despite Duncan not having the ups of Davis he still protects the paint better than Davis or just about as well where Love is poor at protecting the paint.

Your just going to point out AD and Love weaknesses and not address Duncan's weakness. Nice argument

My main point was Davis is better then duncan and more deserving of a 90 overall instead you looked at the weaker KLove..

Last edited by Dmanning2; 09-10-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:44 AM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Afro_Boy
Your just going to point out AD and Love weaknesses and not address Duncan's weakness. Nice argument

My main point was Davis is better then duncan and more deserving of a 90 overall instead you looked at the weaker KLove..

The stuff yall guys say up here is just pure comical genius anthony davis is not close to be better than timmy yall need stop simming seasons on 2k and watch basketball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #56
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm sure Timmy ' s Basketball IQ, defense, rebounding and passing are what kept his rating so extremely high. For what he's lost in mobility and offensive production, he's made up for or maintained in other areas or facets of his game. I definitely thought he got robbed last year not making any of the the all - star, All - NBA or All - NBA defensive teams.

He'll likely fall below Davis, Love and Howard throughout the season with a roster update. I wish 2K would do a better job with the Spurs big men position, although it doesn't help that Pop mislabels players to appease Timmy, and just name Duncan and Splitter as centers. It should go:

Power Forwards: Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner, Jeff Ayres & (maybe) Kyle Anderson

Center: Tim Duncan, Tiago Splitter & Aron Baynes*

Anyway, I'm really happy with the (overall) rating of the individual players, but I'm most happy to see Boris and Patty get that boost they deserve. Roster is on point and balanced with Kawhi Leonard likely taking another (hopefully big) step in his development which should help with whatever Manu and Timmy lose physically or ability wise.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 09-10-2014 at 12:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »