Home

Don't Forget How Many Time-outs You Have Left in NBA 2K15, You Can Get a Tech

This is a discussion on Don't Forget How Many Time-outs You Have Left in NBA 2K15, You Can Get a Tech within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K15 Technical Foul Detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenAintEasy
Because that's what happens in real life...
So is trash talking...so is throwing chairs...so is punching and kicking the ball into the crowd...how come i don't see those in the game as well? HEY...it's in the game right??? The point is....it doesn't make sense to put something that is very unlikely to happen in real NBA. I would rather see getting tech for trash talking and kicking/punching the ball into the crowd. Those events are more likely to happen than giving a T for calling none timeout left.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
So is trash talking...so is throwing chairs...so is punching and kicking the ball into the crowd...how come i don't see those in the game as well? HEY...it's in the game right??? The point is....it doesn't make sense to put something that is very unlikely to happen in real NBA. I would rather see getting tech for trash talking and kicking/punching the ball into the crowd. Those events are more likely to happen than giving a T for calling none timeout left.
Unlike the majority of the examples mentioned, calling a time-out when none are remaining is not an unsportsmanlike act. Trash talking, throwing chairs and punching are all examples of things that have been well established as aspects the NBA wishes not to have reflected in their video game products, due to their negative connotations.

Personally, as long as there is a consistent way for gamers to know their exact time-out situations (example, pressing pause to reveal how many time-outs are left per team, in addition to semi-frequent late game overlays) I have very little issue with this addition. In fact, I find it to be an appreciated detail.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #27
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Honestly not a fan of this, and disappointed to see it back. Is the game going to display timeouts on the screen? It's very easy to lose track or even mis-click.

This frankly never happens at the professional level and does not belong in an NBA game. It's a video game for a reason. What is this adding at a competitive level? Is the CPU ever going to make this mistake? No. It's just there to screw the user up, as if the AI cheating weren't enough.
Seriously? Yes, based on the Gamescon footage, the game DOES show you your TOR. But did you seriously just say this doesn't happen in the NBA? Wow. It HAS happened in the NBA. I can't remember when. But lets say, it didn't. You know why it doesn't? Because NBA coaches pay attention to the number of timeouts left. Now, maybe you're not one of those "I have to control EVERYTHING. I don't want the game to do anything for me" control freaks. But to complain that the game observes a rule under any circumstances goes against the main mantra of this site of being all about being SIM. If you don't like it, pay attention to your timeouts. It's just that simple. To claim it's just there to screw the user is off base. It's there to observe a rule. If a user is too lazy to look at the scorebug for his TOR, then how is that on the game? It takes LESS than a second. A THOUSAND times less time it took for you to type that post.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-10-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #28
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
So is trash talking...so is throwing chairs...so is punching and kicking the ball into the crowd...how come i don't see those in the game as well?
Because it DETRACTS from the actual game. The "interface" to it would not be simple to impliment. And most importantly: the NBA would not allow it in the game. Not, yelling, just pointing to that as the biggest and primary reason you have not seen it in the game. The ONLY league OK with fights is the NHL. Hell, the NFL made developers take out the term "severe concussion" a while back.

Quote:
HEY...it's in the game right??? The point is....it doesn't make sense to put something that is very unlikely to happen in real NBA.
That's the worst argument I've ever seen concerning observing rules in a sports game. Just wow. I remember when people were HAPPY that NFL 2K observed the rule that allowed Devin Hester to return a missed FG attempt. It had rarely EVER happened, yet, it was in the game and people were stoked.

Quote:
I would rather see getting tech for trash talking and kicking/punching the ball into the crowd. Those events are more likely to happen than giving a T for calling none timeout left.
Um... Don't you get a technical for swearing at your Kinect? Hmmm...

You guys...

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 09-10-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #29
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Still waiting for the day when we can argue foul calls/no-calls and get realistic techs and flagrants all around, instead of a few random ones from swearing at Kinect (or calling a time-out and having it register as a bad word).
If you can beat the crap out of the other guy in NHL games, there's no reason this shouldn't be included in a basketball game.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #30
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Re: Don't Forget How Many Time-outs You Have Left in NBA 2K15, You Can Get a Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Of God
Couldn't someone just continue calling TO's over and over again to ruin a game near the end? This seems very exploitable by someone who wants to ruin a game by being a poor sport loser.
I could see this. But this would just prolong their own suffering wouldn't it.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #31
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Which do you think the NBA would allow? A technical foul called when there's no more time out or the examples you give.....

jeez...this is just straight up common sense....

A good example would've been a player hanging on the rim for too long after a dunk. Not fighting and stupid **** like you said....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #32
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Don't Forget How Many Time-outs You Have Left in NBA 2K15, You Can Get a Tech

Sounds good to me. But there has to be a spot where we can see how many timeouts we have remaining. Even if it's on the pause screen.

Also, I'm sure there will be an option where you can turn this off and on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »