Home

NBA 2K15 May Allow You To Go Undrafted, Could Include an Auction House in MyTEAM

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 May Allow You To Go Undrafted, Could Include an Auction House in MyTEAM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15 leaked info. Undrafted in MyCareer, Auction House in 2K15?

To be honest, I don't like being forcibly undrafted at all. Half the excitement is seeing yourself get drafted on the podium.

2k11 had the best draft/summer league/combine experience. With all that's gone right, I guess no draft is this years' one big step back. There's always one. There must be some storyline or advantage of being undrafted that the devs are in love with-- because not being able to be drafted seems completely unthinkable in any representation of an NBA career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 01:03 PM   #26
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

I hope being undrafted is just an option. I don't like being force fed storylines. Absolutely kills
replayability. I wish my career was as sim as association/My GM. It would be legendary.

Unfortunately this sounds like a knee jerk reaction to people complaining about becoming too good, too fast. Start Undrafted, 55OVR. Problem solved.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #27
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danbo80
I hope being undrafted is just an option. I don't like being force fed storylines. Absolutely kills
replayability. I wish my career was as sim as association/My GM. It would be legendary.

Unfortunately this sounds like a knee jerk reaction to people complaining about becoming too good, too fast. Start Undrafted, 55OVR. Problem solved.
Horrible solution if true, chances are most MyCareer players prefer being drafted it's just the disgruntled minority who grumble about being too good, too fast.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 0

I wish that they had a really involved pre-nba storyline I guess making it a little harder to get into the nba...with all of the included euroleague teams I would enjoy being able to play there first and get better before coming back overseas and playin in the league.. That's just me tho because I prefer the journey as opposed to instantly being in the league and having the game get redundant with occasional cut scenes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #29
Pro

Are we undrafted, but then have to prove ourselves and generate interest for other teams through the summer league? That sounds like it could be cool and a step in the right direction, not forcing us to be a prodigy superstar but not ruling it out either.

I just don't want the overly scripted and predetermined crap from 2K14 again.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #30
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by oMarcus2Ko
I hope we go back to the rookie combine days in the attack athletics gym, doing summer circuit games an drills and grinding to get that 55 OVR up to a decent 86. But all i can do is hope.
There needs to be an option to do this or get drafted high and be the second coming. And everything in between.

The more options on how our player progresses and how our story unfolds, the better.

I personally don't need to put on a clown nose in cut scenes or have a faux rivalry with Jackson Ellis to make this mode fun.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #31
The Magic

zasbury25's Arena

OVR: 10

Not to be a total skeptic, but there are a few grammatical errors in that first page of info shown in the video..."weather" or not you believe this is an authentic job aid, I will leave that up to you all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #32
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
There needs to be an option to do this or get drafted high and be the second coming. And everything in between.

The more options on how our player progresses and how our story unfolds, the better.

I personally don't need to put on a clown nose in cut scenes or have a faux rivalry with Jackson Ellis to make this mode fun.
Would be cool for single player only, but if you take your guy online and he started out as a 80 how would that be fair to the people who picked undrafted?

Just assuming they wanna keep it level for people who take to the Park or Crew.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »