Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder

The A.I. just isn't there yet imo. I'm not sure if plays were simply being broken down, but Cleveland's offense showed no purpose in terms of attempting to break down a defense. Crossover dribbles still led to players running into brick walls in front of them as well.

This may be a suggestion for NBA 2K16; I want the A.I. to exploit defensive mismatches more frequently than just going to x star player, unless certain scenarios call for it (on a scoring drought for example). Defensive awareness ratings should tie into how individuals react on screen and rolls, and how they rotate on that end of the floor.

For example, Deion Waiters and Kyrie Irving may tend to over-help (a la NBA 2K14 defense), since they're fairly inexperienced defenders. Pick and roll or pass heavy teams should be able to pick apart teams featuring players with low defensive awareness, and should also help with the A.I. being more fluid on offense. Because, at the moment, the A.I. tends to call plays at random without a general purpose and it looks really sloppy if not cheesy at times.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 4

Watching it again. The defensive slide seems to be improved. I still noticed some sliding. Also, 2k really need to work on their foot planting and pass/catch animations. Overall the video looked good and I could see slight improvements.

Looking forward to seeing if the gameplay feels smoother when I play it.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #75
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I didnt say it was P v. P but its clear that a player is controlling the Cavs.
I don't believe it's "clear". There's a cinematic broadcast camera when Kevin Love attempts a free throw. Correct me if I'm wrong, but users don't have the option to have a camera angle like that in previous titles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #76
Rookie

Bigmac612's Arena

OVR: 3

Gameplay looks solid in my opinion.. Looked very fluid.. I felt the players moved smoothly and the footplanting is there..its a noticeable difference if you played 2k14 instensively. I also thought the Kevin Love shooting foul animation looked pretty awesome.. Seems to me 2K also did in fact work on those body types a bit.. Ibaka didnt look skinny to me.. I felt i could see some muscle definition in him.. Especially in that shot of his back as he is walking to the bench.. Wish they wouldve gave Kyrie a more updated look in terms of his hairstyle but his player model looks improved to me.. You can see a difference in model between Westbrook and Kyrie as they were going 1v1.. I like that. Jersey was also fitting Kyrie perfect.. That looks new to me.. His jersey wasnt as fitted as that in 2K14.. Soo it those look like they tweaked the jersey "physics".. Looked alot better as they were moving. Even from a Cellphone Video.. The colors popped out at me.. Looked real nice. Also felt like i was about to see a new "down the court dribble" animation from when Kyrie was dribbling down court but before it could finish it seemed like the user pressed turbo and sped up to where

Overall from a 3-4 min sample of gameplay i was satisfied with what i saw. 2K never needed drastic improvements to their gameplay from the get.. They just needed to do some "clean up/touch up" and add on top of what is already well built. One thing i never worry about when it comes to 2K is gameplay.. Can some things be better?? Ofcourse.. But i understand not everything will be perfect in video games.. But 2K has done it better than anybody in terms of trying to be as close as possible to the "real thing" when it comes to gameplay over the years. Im just glad they never tried to do a complete overhaul like one game did back in 2010 and completely destroy what was already solid just because people felt it was the "same" or "stale"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2014, 03:16 PM   #77
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Presentation looks pretty good. Gameplay looks kind of the same but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:18 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's weird to me that I'll look at the game play and see a couple of sketchy things but then I'll read the comments and there's so much more pointed out to me than I would have ever noticed myself. I wish I had the attention to detail a lot of you do.

There were a few grating things about 2K14 but I never had the same problems a lot of people did with the game play when it comes to playing the CPU. My issue was always online with MyTeam where you could never simulate basketball unless you were playing with a friend. In terms of improvements, that's my interest this year seeing what improvements to me. In terms of this video, I like what I saw for the most part. I like the 2K game play outside of some stuff so it never bothers me if it feels the same.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:19 PM   #79
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

can't judge much from this vid - hard to tell much from a short video being played by someone who isn't really running an offense. can we please get a long video (maybe a full game or an entire half) being played by someone within 2k (maybe Czar) who really knows the game - then we could really see what this game has to offer.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-11-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #80
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Last year, folks were blown away by the new next gen visuals, this year folks are disappointed because we don't have the same 'feeling' about those visuals as we did last year; It's the law of diminishing marginal utility.

Basketball is basketball, the court is the court, players are players, the crowd is the crowd, etc. When people expect to see something that looks COMPLETELY new from year to year, what are they expecting? It might be too much to expect new player models(how many different ways can they look anyway), a totally new animation system every year in a one year production cycle whilst making gameplay, mode, rating improvements, new features, audio, presentation, etc. etc.

That said, I personally see/have seen in other vids many subtle differences that I can imagine will have this game 'feeling' completely new. 2K vets should know to reserve judgement until playing the game; every year folks say the game looks the same, but most years it plays completely different and for the better.
Well said...the only time that I've felt that "sameness" was 2k10...to me this is the second going for next gen and I'm excited that Da_Czar, OG, and Bed got to work on this game and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us. People complaining about the look should just skip all basketball games till next next gen. Guaranteed to get that wow effect that some of you will be looking for....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »