Home

A Few More Short NBA 2K15 Video Clips - Knicks vs. Cavs & Lakers/Warriors Ratings

This is a discussion on A Few More Short NBA 2K15 Video Clips - Knicks vs. Cavs & Lakers/Warriors Ratings within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: A Few More Short NBA 2K15 Video Clips - Knicks vs. Cavs & Lakers/Warriors Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondee
Imo this is about right, Melo should be higher thank Kobe. I think Kobe will still be good, but 89 is pretty high already for where he is today. I like though that Curry is 89 too.

Agree somewhat with the Draymond rating being higher than Barnes... That's a nod to Dray's versatility, so i like the recognition. IRL, Barnes has a higher ceiling, just not getting the minutes.
Barnes got a ton of minutes. He's just actually very limited and was also used ineffectively (but there aren't that many ways to use Barnes). Green is much better than Barnes in nearly everything but 3 point shooting-- and he's getting there.

And I agree that Kobe at 89 is ridiculous. You're really telling me he's going to step on the court day one and be as effective as Kevin Love, Tim Duncan, and Steph Curry? :P

I was really hoping with the new hires that rosters would be great out of the box. Looks like we're not quite there yet, and there's still a few misses with ratings based on hype or lack of it rather than what would be a more sober analysis.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-12-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #66
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A Few More Short NBA 2K15 Video Clips - Knicks vs. Cavs & Lakers/Warriors Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Barnes 76 and Draymond Green 77?

/Facepalm

Draymond Green deserves a 82-84 and Barnes has been like a 72 this season if this new rating system is at all accurate. In what world is Barnes a better player than Livingston and even remotely comparable to Green (playoff MVP for the Warriors).

And Iguodala at a lowly 82 when he leads the league in RAPM and was defensive first team? Sigh. And before someone starts quoting PER and PPG, PER and raw stats are about the worst possible ways to evaluate him.

89 for Curry is acceptable. Lee's adjustment to 82 reflects his real impact. 82 for Thompson is workable. 80 for Bogut is underrating him a tad.
It's a new rating system. Why not wait and see how it works before judging the overalls. Based on their position, team, and play style, those may be accurate.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #67
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Quote:
Barnes 76 and Draymond Green 77?

/Facepalm

Draymond Green deserves a 82-84 and Barnes has been like a 72 this season if this new rating system is at all accurate. In what world is Barnes a better player than Livingston and even remotely comparable to Green (playoff MVP for the Warriors).

And Iguodala at a lowly 82 when he leads the league in RAPM and was defensive first team? Sigh. And before someone starts quoting PER and PPG, PER and raw stats are about the worst possible ways to evaluate him.

89 for Curry is acceptable. Lee's adjustment to 82 reflects his real impact. 82 for Thompson is workable. 80 for Bogut is underrating him a tad.
You don't know individual ratings calm down

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-12-2014, 04:20 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 3
Biggest Negative that I see with these videos - - > The HUM that is playing!

Would it be too hard for the 2K Team to let our OS brethren like Bedwardsroy or DaCzar play the CPU for even 1 quarter so that we can atleast get a sense of what changes were made to give an even greater NBA sim experience?

The one thing I noticed in the gameplay with Irving driving to the basket is that once Calderon got beat off the dribble, Dalembert didn't sprint to pick up Irving (like we came to expect in 2K14)...Dalembert still stayed on his man and used his length to keep Irving out of the paint. Defensive rotation looks improved in that clip.

BUT then in the clip with Lebron, after Shumpert (HUM-controlled) reaches and gets beat off the dribble...BOTH Bargnani and Melo challenge Lebron's shot and leaves both Cav's post players open for the easy offensive rebound. So in this clip, the Def rotation still needs work.

Of course, not sure what level this is on and hoping that sliders can help out....

2K Team, if your listening, please give us gameplay from Bedwardsroy and/or DaCzar so we can see true sim play!
Old 09-12-2014, 04:24 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by @marcusjiles
Little shocked they didnt change that court size. That's a huge problem. Players are too big AND the court is too small. It's hard to post up and move, it's also hard to get any space.
I'm in total agreement with you here @marcusjiles ! This is one aspect that I think that NBA Live team got right ... I remember in the previous gameplay video posted that there was so much bumping, especially in the perimeter. Varejao simply would not move and get in the way, when you would think as a post player, he would want to go down low...Hoping that the 2K Dev Team can address spacing this year!
Old 09-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
You don't know individual ratings calm down
There's no set of individual ratings that can justify Green at only 1 point higher than Barnes-- Green does practically everything better than jumping straight up. And the new system is supposed to account for that.

Basically 3 of 5 of the top starting 5 in the league last season got dinged-- a few in a major way (Iggy and Lee, though Lee's is fair)-- while Barnes got the same stats after a much, much worse season in a system that's supposed to weigh roles better.

I mean a player that turned an average defense into a top-3 on a strained hammy gets knocked 5 points, while a player suffering a major injury misses a whole season and still ends up ahead of him by 7 points. Whether individual ratings or the overall system, something is amiss. I'm just a bit dissapointed that these ratings are more reminscent of past 2K rosters than what I had imagined they might be given the new changes.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Barnes got a ton of minutes. He's just actually very limited and was also used ineffectively (but there aren't that many ways to use Barnes). Green is much better than Barnes in nearly everything but 3 point shooting-- and he's getting there.

And I agree that Kobe at 89 is ridiculous. You're really telling me he's going to step on the court day one and be as effective as Kevin Love, Tim Duncan, and Steph Curry? :P

I was really hoping with the new hires that rosters would be great out of the box. Looks like we're not quite there yet, and there's still a few misses with ratings based on hype or lack of it rather than what would be a more sober analysis.
We'll agree to disagree on Barnes. He was good his rookie year then lost minutes to Iggy. So it's factually not true he got a ton of minutes last year. You can check this yourself.

He is long and can defend and can score, just not getting opportunities. They should trade him, he will develop elsewhere. Draymond is great, but that's about as good as he will get. That's why he is only slightly higher than Barnes, despite not playing as much as Green.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondee
We'll agree to disagree on Barnes. He was good his rookie year then lost minutes to Iggy.

He is long and can defend and can score, just not getting opportunities. They should trade him, he will develop elsewhere. Draymond is great, but that's about as good as he will get. That's why he is only slightly higher than Barnes, despite not playing as much as Green.
I spent a season watching Barnes be terrible regardless of his minutes.

Barnes was not "good" his rookie year. He was just somewhat competent for a rookie, with a decent run in playoffs because every coach literally gameplanned to allow Barnes to post up on PGs rather than let Curry shoot the ball. Somehow he regressed, and I will say much of it was due to him being run in Mark Jackson's benchmobs. However, if he was a star, he would manage to distinguish himself, especially playing against other benches.

Quote:
So it's factually not true he got a ton of minutes last year. You can check this yourself.
So I did:

Draymond Green had 21.9 minutes per game.

Barnes had 28.3 minutes per game.

That is MORE than he had in 2012-13 (25.4 per game). That is more than Andre Bogut. And that is just 4 less than Iguodala, against weaker competition.

Barnes shot .399% FG. That is abysmal with plenty of court time, much of it undeserved.

Barnes got his minutes. He just wasn't very good. Poor basketball IQ, poor creator, poor motor, poor lateral speed (his footwork on the perimeter is terrible-- he starts out spread legged and gets no displacement on his first step), poor ball handler, inefficient midrange shooter, poor rebounder for his size. He's an average defender and not a very good scorer who's especially terrible in isolation. I think he could pick up his shooting since he has good form, but in no world is Barnes even remotely comparable to Green. Physicals are often overrated as "ceiling", but the mental aspect is just as important and sometimes more elusive.

Now I'm still rooting for him, and I think his lack of role definition contributed much to his regression, as well as a possible foot injury and lost confidence-- but no sober basketball analysis can say that Barnes wasn't good only because he wasn't getting minutes, or that he's as valuable player as Green.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-12-2014 at 05:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »