Home

Playbooks, play calling and running plays - any info?

This is a discussion on Playbooks, play calling and running plays - any info? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Playbooks, play calling and running plays - any info?

Hello,

as the release date is fast approaching and there is not much time left I think that hard core sim-ballers (I consider myself as sim-baller) should get some info about managing playbooks, play calling and running sets.

As I already know from the previous released information there were some changes regarding playbooks and playcalling in 2k15, but the info were very vague and general

I am primarily an online gamer so my questions are online oriented:

Is team scrimmage back in Online Association/Online Leagues/MyLeague/MyGM...?

1.) Playbooks and playbook management
a) Is it possible to have custom playbook for quick online games?
b) Is the playbook management any different than in 2k14?
c) Does the same play have unique name across teams? For example in 2k14 we have same plays on different teams with different names -> duplicated plays -> GS 1 GO
d) Did you remove broken plays from playbooks?

2. Play calling
a) Is this playbook glitch fixed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09bRgK5oaKA
b) Are there any changes regarding assigning play types to specific player from 2k14?

3. Play execution
a) Is "play broken down" glitch fixed? For example when the opponent is switching from zone defense to man to man and back.
b) Is play set up speed improved? In 2k14 you could spent 10-15 seconds of your attack before your teammates are in proper places for play execution.
c) Do your teammate set picks on right place and time? For example double screen at the same time near baseline for shooting guard to sprint out to the 3pt line.
d) Do your teammate set pick on the right place and time on weak side?
e) Is it possible that your play continue to run secondary option, even when your primary option is completed successfully? For example High Post Isolation play for Duncan. You have C (Splitter) on left side high post, SG (Green) in left corner 3pt, SF (Leonard) on left 3pt line, PG (Parker) on top 3pt with ball and PF (Duncan) on right side high post. PG pass the ball to PF and curl around PF to the paint to the left corner 3pt. Meanwhile SG as SF rotates, C is ready for offensive rebound and Duncan has isolation play. In 2k14 PG never curl around PF because the play stopped when PF receives the ball. Same goes with low post punch plays.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by svit; 09-22-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Playbooks, play calling and running plays - any info?

I also am curious if they have more super-plays with multiple options in this game. I loved having most basic options of the triangle offense in one playcall in 2k12.

Also if any devs are reading this I want to beg you to fix the glitch in the Horns 1 play that breaks it immediately after its called. That is one of the most common sets in the NBA and if you are a sim-lover this play is a must.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:08 AM   #3
Rookie

So less than 2 weeks before release and we still don't know if 2K has made any improvements regarding this area of the game. In 2k14 it was dreadful.

I was hoping that @DaCzar or somebody else will feed us with some info, but given the fact that they didn't speak about this area at all during the marketing campaign, I can conclude (I hope I am wrong) that there are no changes, bug fixes or playbook cleansing of broken plays this year.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by svit
So less than 2 weeks before release and we still don't know if 2K has made any improvements regarding this area of the game. In 2k14 it was dreadful.

I was hoping that @DaCzar or somebody else will feed us with some info, but given the fact that they didn't speak about this area at all during the marketing campaign, I can conclude (I hope I am wrong) that there are no changes, bug fixes or playbook cleansing of broken plays this year.
You are wrong. I can't wait to talk about what we have done in this area. However until they make an official announcement I can't discuss anything :jp shakehe
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-22-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles1991
I also am curious if they have more super-plays with multiple options in this game. I loved having most basic options of the triangle offense in one playcall in 2k12.

Also if any devs are reading this I want to beg you to fix the glitch in the Horns 1 play that breaks it immediately after its called. That is one of the most common sets in the NBA and if you are a sim-lover this play is a must.
Horns 1 should be removed so I don't think it shipped this year.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
You are wrong. I can't wait to talk about what we have done in this area. However until they make an official announcement I can't discuss anything :jp shakehe
Thank you, Sir for you answer. I hope you guys will make an official announcement soon!
Old 09-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Am whishing and hoping quick plays are back
Old 09-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #8
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Horns 1 should be removed so I don't think it shipped this year.
For clarification, are you saying that Horns 1 will not be in 2k15? In 2k14, there was a "post up low" category based play called Horns 14 punch that functioned exactly like the Horns 1 play that you demoed in your 10 teams in 10 days series. Which by the way will be making a return this year correct :-).

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »