Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsumer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsumer) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They do cater to different audiences I guess. Yet you can't enjoy both for some reason? I like some aspects of one, some aspects of another, but apparently that isn't allowed at OS anymore. Not to be old school, but I'm sure you remember a time where guys enjoyed both games for what they brought to the table since you were around in 2002 as well.

The things that have been driving me insane in 2k was amplified with 2k14 Next Gen last year. I recently played 2k14 last gen, and the controls seemed somewhat tighter, felt more of a 1:1 control, and I didn't get trapped in as many animations.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...79011921365904

This is the thing that killed my experience. It happens several time a game. Either that, or I'll block a guy and they'll get it back while I lose all control of my player. Even worse, I'll be guarding someone, and I'll lose control and slide out of bounds, into the mop boy, or the base of the basket only to lose control for 3-4 seconds while I stumble around.

The spacing felt worse because of the lack of tightness in the controls.

Now, because I get to work alongside with EA developers, I'm no longer allowed to give my insight for 2k at the risk of being burnt at the stake by guys in this forum?

Live 08, 09 and 10 were good games to me. As were 2k9, 2k10 and 2k11 especially. I want 2k go back to a tighter level of control, and less of a overwhelming amount of animations. I think that'll help with spacing, as well as a lot of other issues that I have with the game.

Based on my discussions, I feel like a lot of it will be toned down in 2k this year, which is music to my ears. If I can enjoy 2 games this year, that's awesome. To ME, that's all I can ask for.
Thanks for replying, I wasn't trying to be an internet tough guy, I was just wondering about your interest in 2K. I was around when people routinely bought both games. 2k4/Live04 up to 2k8/Live08 people pretty much bought both games. The '09 series of games shifted OS seriously with a big divide. I stopped posting because everything was an attack on people, developers or games. Now I see the moderators are really cracking down and it makes for more civil discussion.

I'm buying both games. I will get live later on (discounted) to play online since I don't believe that 2K will fix their frequent server issues. 2K is a day 1 purchase since I don't believe that EA will fix their animation issues. I 've been around a while lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #106
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsu

Yeah, unfortunately the community has been divided for a bit. It's sad to see really. Regardless, your post was fine man.

I'll continue my trend of getting both, as always.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #107
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
The '09 series of games shifted OS seriously with a big divide. I stopped posting because everything was an attack on people, developers or games.
IMO 09 everything shifted because EA started to get their **** together and make a quality product. Gave people/fans a leg to stand on. Live 10 really started a battle, then they collapsed. I actually played Live alot more those two years. Wasn't a fan of what 2k was doing. I hope I get 2 quality products this year, if not I can count on 2k for my fix.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-16-2014, 10:24 PM   #108
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
As long as Live fans can acknowledge this:

http://youtu.be/wDQ2h8P6-Cg

http://youtu.be/vr3R3JxCqBo

while typing up their posts about how bad morphing, shifting etc. in 2k is...it's all good...it just hurts your credibility when you turn a blind eye to this stuff in one game but it makes you want to throw your controller in the other..

and this is just speaking in general...nor directed or disrespect to WTF or anyone else...
TBH sometimes it just the fact that 2k is a deeper game it's weird and a good thing. I told myself instead of raging so much I should just appreciate the effort.

1)Take the dropped passes out of bounds in 2k. The player will panick and take a step out of bounds. I'm probably screaming why didn't he just save the ball or maintain balance . Why is the guy over exaggerating dropping the ball. You're not a fifth grader .all those things because the animation is there. That animation isn't in live so how can that aspect of the game cause me to rage ?

2) alleyoops . 2k once again is way ahead . But I find myself saying how is it possible he catches that . Or isn't it too much contact for him to finish that. But the competition doesn't even have lobs that would make me say that . So once again I'm raging in 2k because the animation is there.

So when I say 2k makes me rage more I'm not saying it's better or worse . If anything I probably meant some animations are over exaggerated , and might make me lose control at times.

Again that's me personally. Some guys would rage because the animation isn't there in the competition. And I understand that too.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #109
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

I rage more at 2K as well. And it's not because I play it more. It's because I get more invested into the game. When something bad happens, those emotions come out. In Live, I just shook my head and laughed. It's not meant to be an insult. That's just the fact of the matter from my perspective.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:00 PM   #110
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, unfortunately the community has been divided for a bit. It's sad to see really. Regardless, your post was fine man.

I'll continue my trend of getting both, as always.
The comp put out lackluster games and canceled twice. This is what divided the community and made 2k the majority.

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »