Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsumer)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsumer) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #57
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
What do you know about what's "basic" and "easy"? Where is your game with the flawless collision detection and response? I'm curious. With that said, I'm not sure it DID go through the defender's body.
if you read Czars post a while back, he said that they are already capable of having "true ball collision" but they have chosen to make it more "forgiving" in order to cut down on turnovers. i personally would rather them offer a "true realism" option where the user is truly forced to watch where they dribble the ball to avoid deflections.

it mostly just bothers me on passes though - if the passing lane isn't there, it isn't there...don't allow the ball to go through the defender and reward a bad pass attempt where there was no opening.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
if you read Czars post a while back, he said that they are already capable of having "true ball collision" but they have chosen to make it more "forgiving" in order to cut down on turnovers. i personally would rather them offer a "true realism" option where the user is truly forced to watch where they dribble the ball to avoid deflections.

it mostly just bothers me on passes though - if the passing lane isn't there, it isn't there...don't allow the ball to go through the defender and reward a bad pass attempt where there was no opening.

I can appreciate that since your player in game doesn't actually know where nearby limbs and fingers are and how to get a pass off without scraping player geometry, concessions might have to be made.

However, once the ball is in full flight, it should never just clip through a body or leg. And probably not most of an arm.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritgrindhustle
Where did he state that myPlayer was going to have a non linear story?
In the video.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #60
Rookie

Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritgrindhustle
Where did he state that myPlayer was going to have a non linear story?
Exactly during the controversial moment where we can see Curry's feet are not touching the floor in a very clear way, 4'22" .
Old 09-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #61
MVP

BluFu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
if you read Czars post a while back, he said that they are already capable of having "true ball collision" but they have chosen to make it more "forgiving" in order to cut down on turnovers.
to combat that, they should increase the passing accuracy and speed of passes globally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 09:00 AM   #62
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Cleveland Cavaliers (Outconsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I've been saying this in several threads, guys need to let this editable hair thing go. Most of the time players don't even change their hairstyles during the year(if they change something it'd be growing and cutting a beard). Not to mention with scans, most guys would look ridiculous with hair added onto their existing head models(case in point Kyrie Irving/Jimmie Butler/Anthony Davis) and you can't alter their beards unless they got scanned when completely shaven(which like 80% of these dudes weren't which is fine because they all keep their beards barring a few like the Warriors when they were scanned last year).
Just too much trouble for something that isn't even remotely needed tbh.

It's not just for this year though. It's years and years into MyLeague/MyGM. Sometimes you'd just like to change it up to make a player look like hes aged.

NFL
Carolina Panthers

College
Carolina Tar Heels

Won't change until:
1) Hornets win a playoff game
2) Panthers win a Super Bowl
3) Tar Heels win another championship (Completed: 4/3/2017)

PSN:BetterHigh1990

Starting 1/10/12
Old 09-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #63
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
to combat that, they should increase the passing accuracy and speed of passes globally.
Um no. Some of the passes are already rockets. I have no issue with the overall pass speeds. Some of you are asking for arcade speeds here.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:31 AM   #64
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Um no. Some of the passes are already rockets. I have no issue with the overall pass speeds. Some of you are asking for arcade speeds here.
While some passes are rockets, some are floaters when the situation calls for rockets and visa-versa.

Better ai situational awareness for passing would address a major need and so far, I am undecided if I see improvement in an area that needed work for years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »