Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 11:13 PM   #145
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay - Cavaliers vs Lakers

I'm praying those issues are addressed and defense is better. They have to be for me to enjoy myleague, career or any other mode B/c I can barely stand a quarter of 2k14 against cpu or user

Has the cpu taken a 3 in any of these videos ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 09-24-2014 at 11:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 07:32 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay Video - Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Los Angeles Lakers

@bedwardsroy -

The one item that I felt was an issue with the "out of the box" rosters last year was what I called the "Monta Ellis / Nick Young" effect. Seems that these particular players and a handful of others didn't seem to play within the team's offensive scheme and would constantly throw up shots as soon as they got a touch.

With Young on the floor, Kobe (nor Pau) would get their touches b/c as soon as Young touched the ball, it was either a pull-up three or an iso & drive to the basket to get his shot. Same with Monta. Dirk wouldn't get his touches and it was iso time for Monta when he got the ball in his hands or a 3 pointer.

Sliders alleviated this a bit, but not enough. There is actually a roster by timsmooth503pa (I hope you don't mind me sharing about this brother....) that got these players to play within the scheme to a certain extent at default tendency sliders, but just hoping out of the box that player awareness is improved in regards to playing within the schemes.

I hope I explained this clearly...And any info on this would be awesome.

As for the gameplay (Cavs-Lakers)...The one thing that stood out was at around 6:51 when Love was trying to set the pick. Actually, when he set the pick there was no one around to set the pick on...Young was already positioned and avoided the pick all together, but Love continued to stay in the 'pick animation'. Was wondering if players awareness on setting picks on players have improved? I feel like the pick should be set on an actual player, rather than a set area on the court if you know what I mean.

Also, I noticed (although these are shortened quarters) that Love got no touches in the video. The offense never ran through him. But rather, Varejao was getting more looks.

Just a couple quick thoughts on the gameplay.

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 09-25-2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #147
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I just watched all 9 minutes of this, I don't know if I missed it earlier or what. There's a lot that stood out to me, for the better. What you mentioned 24th, is one of the biggest.

I have hopes that my issues have been addressed enough that I can play quite a bit this year. MySeason looks legit, and I'd like to give it some burn... this video helped me see quite a few gameplay items that I hadn't seen in the others.
Never understood why they removed the stamina bars when you brought up subs for last year. Now we have to deal with that again?? What motive 2k come on!!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #148
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Looks good as most have said, but I still think spacing and path finding for the AI will be an issue. I've struggled sometimes to play 2k14 (PS4) because of the crazy scramble that ensues when you call for a pick or as a result of a broken play. It looks like its better, but you still see the crazy bunching up in some areas of the floor. Granted, it does happen for real in the NBA at times but not that often. Guess we'll see how it all turns out soon enough!
Old 09-26-2014, 10:09 AM   #149
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by demencia_total
Looks good as most have said, but I still think spacing and path finding for the AI will be an issue. I've struggled sometimes to play 2k14 (PS4) because of the crazy scramble that ensues when you call for a pick or as a result of a broken play. It looks like its better, but you still see the crazy bunching up in some areas of the floor. Granted, it does happen for real in the NBA at times but not that often. Guess we'll see how it all turns out soon enough!
The more structured you play the less you will see it. But it is going to happen also in any freelance where we don't have excellent coverage ( corners) it is more prone to happen.

For quick iso's and pnr's however we rewrote that spacing to be really good except in a few specific cases so if you hit those cases it won't be noice but overall this is a much improved area.

Every year we will find and eliminate more of these cases. You can't always account for a guy getting bumped or a user trying something that a hooper wouldn't normally attempt.

And I do think that in a video game, especially when your watching and not playing, you are prone to notice more of what happens in a regular game even though it actually occurs in a regular game.

I swear some people think no 2 nba players on the same team ever occupy the same space at the same time IRL. LOL.

The game is not perfect but we attacked a lot of wish list items to improve them as much as we could and will continue to do that.

If you see back to back comparisons of how 2k14 handled some of these situations and how 2k15 does it is clear to see.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #150
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

If you see back to back comparisons of how 2k14 handled some of these situations and how 2k15 does it is clear to see.
Hopefully that's what you're showing today Czar... Right? Right?
Old 09-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #151
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
@bedwardsroy19

I found this on my HDD and I thought you may find it useful.

It's a scheme I used last year for the colors teams used with their different unis. Tell me if u have some doubt or something...

I love you, SeanBarkley. I'm also happy to see you back around after going AWOL with 2K14.

Only danger is if you help Beds out too much then you'll make the community roster sets irrelevant, LMAO.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 09-26-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #152
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
I love you, SeanBarkley. I'm also happy to see you back around after going AWOL with 2K14.

Only danger is if you help Beds out too much then you'll make the community roster sets irrelevant, LMAO.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk
Hey fella! I'll be back with all the templates and stuff this year, a promising next gen game is definitely the motivation I needed!

For what I've seen, Beds has done a great job with accessories and team colors, and we'll see if they have done some needed improvements in the shoe system as well (last year it was quite basic and a little bit glitchy).

Beds is really open to get help and suggestions from the community, so I wouldn't consider community rosters irrelevant this year for the 1st time, I prefer to see it as the 1st year in which community works have the real possibility of being part of official rosters. Every gamer will benefit from this situation, but specially roster makers who last years spent the whole season editing the 2k Insider mess instead of playing the game...

Last edited by seanbarkley; 09-27-2014 at 03:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »