Home

NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #121
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Really cool addition. Unfortunately, the XBox360 is still my current system, and I play it on a standard television. I would like to upgrade to a PS4 but there now seems to be so much cost that will come with such an upgrade (actual PS4, HDTV, 2K itself, and now a PS camera). I don't know if I'll be able to take advantage of this feature.

I was thinking about the MyPlayer mode too. On one hand, the idea of having my own face in the game would do a ton for immersion, but if MyPlayer and its storyline is similar to last year, it seems there'd be a lot of counterforce that could zap that immersion right back out. Time shall tell.
V, you need to upgrade to an HDTV before anything else man lol. It's time, you're missing out man. Once you watch tv in HD or game in HD, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 11:10 AM   #122
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
They probably have automated junk detection technology.

I'm being totally serious. It wouldn't be too hard for 2k servers to peeform image recognition and check if the upload is actually a face and reject it if it isn't.
The implication is that some people will scan their very real face, and have it rejected because the game doesn't think it's a face.

Sort of like that face-following camera that it turned out couldn't detect black people.

(I'm not joking, that really happened.)
Old 09-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

Would be dope if we can upload our player to share on 2kshare so others could use our faces to create a fictional draft
Old 09-17-2014, 11:17 AM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nkins29
Looks like I need to pick up the PS4 camera.
Yep i was thinking about the same thing
Old 09-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
The implication is that some people will scan their very real face, and have it rejected because the game doesn't think it's a face.

Sort of like that face-following camera that it turned out couldn't detect black people.

(I'm not joking, that really happened.)
It would be worth it just for the potential hilarity.

"Sorry, but your face scan submission was rejected by 2K servers. Reason:

Error code #40052 - Your face looks like butt."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #126
Banned

WISports's Arena

Very nice!!

But you can only do this if you play MyPlayer?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #127
Rookie

OVR: 2

God damnit......just sold my kinect a few days ago cause I didn't need it.........
Old 09-17-2014, 11:31 AM   #128
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
V, you need to upgrade to an HDTV before anything else man lol. It's time, you're missing out man. Once you watch tv in HD or game in HD, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
Ha, not to delve too far off topic and I understand this will deviate from popular thought, but I'm not too phased by standard television. When I visit my family, they have HDTV's and they look fantastic, clearly superior to standard, and I play games in HD when I'm there. But it doesn't take much for me to re-adjust back to standard when I return home. The actual gaming experience tends to be the same for me.

There's all those folks out there who always say, "Who cares about graphics?! It's all about gameplay!" I've never been that guy, but I guess I'm living it. Actually, even on standard television, graphics still look incredible, just not as incredible as they can. Still, it's been enough for me. As long as I have a functioning standard, the only reason I'd contemplate an HD upgrade would be if it were required for a new gaming system (which it mostly is for PS4). Even then, I've been looking into cheap converters that'd allow me to stay standard so as to avoid dropping the cash that'd come with buying a new HD alongside HD cable.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-17-2014 at 11:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »