Home

NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Introduces FaceScan Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #33
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

I work for a company that uses the Xbox Kinect for tracking and mapping using custom software. This allows the camera to see where you are and essentially take 3d images of you and your location. The bottom line is the Xbox One and PS4 cameras are more than webcams....they collect all kinds of 3d data and spatial information from the environment in addition to taking photos or video. This is something that a PC webcam cannot do.

I would guess that the software on the PS4 and XBone are utilizing these depth cameras....therefore they can get a really good idea of your facial features and recreate them as a 3d model. The PC...with webcam however, cannot do this. Of course, there are depth cameras and a new Xbox Kinect camera designed for PC but I would guess these aren't used by very many people on PCs that are not developing software. 2ksports likely will not commit a lot of programming time to a feature on the PC that will likely not be used by many.

Looks cool though.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #34
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Introduces Stay in Your Face Technology, Scan Your Face, Bring it into G

So this feature that EA already has is supposed to "break the internet"? Cmon 2k

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-17-2014, 08:30 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6
Good thing my x1 came with a camera already packed in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #36
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Too bad EA took this out of Madden, a year after they brought it in......
Old 09-17-2014, 08:31 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
So this feature that EA already has is supposed to "break the internet"? Cmon 2k
That iish EA has dont F'n work lol
Old 09-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #38
Rookie

I had been looking fora reason to buy a PlayStation camera for the longest time, now I finally have one.

I'm 5'3 so this might be the closest I ever get to playing basketball in the NBA, lol.

Mad props to 2k if this works out well for everyone.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #39
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I work for a company that uses the Xbox Kinect for tracking and mapping using custom software. This allows the camera to see where you are and essentially take 3d images of you and your location. The bottom line is the Xbox One and PS4 cameras are more than webcams....they collect all kinds of 3d data and spatial information from the environment in addition to taking photos or video. This is something that a PC webcam cannot do.

I would guess that the software on the PS4 and XBone are utilizing these depth cameras....therefore they can get a really good idea of your facial features and recreate them as a 3d model. The PC...with webcam however, cannot do this. Of course, there are depth cameras and a new Xbox Kinect camera designed for PC but I would guess these aren't used by very many people on PCs that are not developing software. 2ksports likely will not commit a lot of programming time to a feature on the PC that will likely not be used by many.

Looks cool though.
You'll be amazed by the number of pc users that own a PS3 camera which you can find for 1 or 2 pounds here in the UK. I also use the PS3 camera on my pc for this software : http://store.steampowered.com/app/274920/
It is also simple programming for 2k devs porting this feature into pc (they might have developed it on pc too..). I guess they just don't want this feature on pc's for reasons unknown.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
You'll be amazed by the number of pc users that own a PS3 camera which you can find for 1 or 2 pounds here in the UK. I also use the PS3 camera on my pc for this software : http://store.steampowered.com/app/274920/
It is also simple programming for 2k devs porting this feature into pc (they might have developed it on pc too..). I guess they just don't want this feature on pc's for reasons unknown.
i will surely hope for the best that the face scan feature is in PC. hopefully this is not the thing they are talking about slight difference on PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »