Home

NBA 2K15 Presents The Beard Guru feat. James Harden

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Presents The Beard Guru feat. James Harden within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 01:31 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 Presents The Beard Guru feat. James Harden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Stop being cranky 23
I may have to agree with him on this one. It's all a matter of taste, I suppose, but I found that commercial to be awful. I entered believing it was going to segue into extensive face scan footage. Instead, I got three minutes of unclever and unfunny script that had nothing to do with anything.

That said, I do not really care, for a separate face scan video was just released and this thing was only three minutes, but I can just see where 23's coming from here.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #10
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I may have to agree with him on this one. It's all a matter of taste, I suppose, but I found that commercial to be awful. I entered believing it was going to segue into extensive face scan footage. Instead, I got three minutes of unclever and unfunny script that had nothing to do with anything.

That said, I do not really care, for a separate face scan video was just released and this thing was only three minutes, but I can just see where 23's coming from here.

Well, I was just joking with 23, lol

As far as the commercial, like you said, it's a matter of taste...I wasn't ROFL at it myself TBH...it's just a silly little video...I'm always going to take the carefree stance on these kinds of things...as I always do when it comes to gaming...
Old 09-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Well, I was just joking with 23, lol

As far as the commercial, like you said, it's a matter of taste...I wasn't ROFL at it myself TBH...it's just a silly little video...I'm always going to take the carefree stance on these kinds of things...as I always do when it comes to gaming...
Yeah no worries. Count on me to overlook the lightheartedness of things. I need to learn to take cues from emoticons better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #12
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

I was expecting that too
Old 09-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #13
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Of course ronnie on the thunder
Old 09-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #14
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Exactly. I agree with y'all.

They spent too much time on the 'beard guru' story that went nowhere / without a 'big finish'.

It didn't make sense to spend 3 minutes of a commercial about James Harden's beard... if a gamer is really just gonna scan their OWN face and not play as James Harden. lol.

They should have spent more time focusing on 'how gamers will feel more connected' to the game somehow.

Maybe they should've showed multiple neighborhoods with random 2K15 gamers who have their OWN personal "beard gurus", or "stylist", at the very end of the commercial. (As if James Harden has now influenced a 2k15 'movement' of some sort.)

That would've brought the whole concept full circle & hit home, for me.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 09-17-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #15
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Lol

Anyway I gave props to the chemistry of the duo of #Browbeard!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 02:59 PM   #16
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

I thought this video was hilarious. who is the actor who played the beard guru? he was awesome.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-17-2014 at 03:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »