Home

Less than three weeks before release...

This is a discussion on Less than three weeks before release... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #73
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Less than three weeks before release...

Anybody who joins this month is just a troll or a previously banned user.

Last edited by Goffs; 09-19-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 0

I never suggested that you risk your job to satisfy me. In fact, if you reviewed my comment more thoroughly, you would have noticed that I stated that I would do the exact same thing. I work as a software dev at a Fortune 500. I have plenty of insight as to how corporations function. There's a lot of red tape and legalities surrounding publicly expressed opinions. You, in effect, are somewhat muted in your ability to criticize, admit fault or critique current projects without authorization from someone that wears a suit to work, and probably doesn't even play 2K. That's the way it is, and people should not expect you to be as transparent or accessible as you may have been in the past.

Anyone who has worked in a corporate environment for any length of time knows that what I say is true. I don't mind being banned because the truth ruffles some feathers. This forum moderation is very corporate/political as well, I've come to realize.

Last edited by ImaFreeThinker; 09-19-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #75
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Anybody who joins this month is just a troll or a previously banned user.
Not everyone but this guy is Def. Close to the buzzsaw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

I typically pre-order but they're not getting my money until I see gameplay. Couldn't care less about face scanning(I don't play MyPlayer) Couldn't care less about cheerleaders. Don't care about leg sleeves or "I Promise" wristbands. I'll wait until gameplay videos go up and make a decision from there.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:10 PM   #77
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Hmm. I want to preference this by saying I am not at all familiar with you or the work you may have done to benefit this community. So I will address this once and be done with it.

All I do know is that you have been a member here for less than 24 hours and yet you feel compelled to judge those who have in some cases been apart of, and served this community for over 10 years.

I don't know if you have ever held a job or been apart of a successful team ?

That is not a dig, I am clarifying that I don't know these things.

What your suggesting is that we disregard company policy or team rules to benefit or lift up ourselves so that we can in essence, keep it real.

I know of nothing that destroys a team quicker than throwing your teammates under the bus to save one's own reputation.

I know of no better way to lose a job and gainful employment than disregarding the rules that you gave your word(honor,integrity) to uphold.

We are a team. Marketing does it's thing. I don't have to agree and I don't with how we are currently sharing information on what we worked on this year.

However this is my team and I'm riding with them. They have had a hand in helping the game reach it's current status.

With you being a member for such a short period of time maybe you didn't read that thread or see those post's ?

Maybe you didn't catch Leftos and Davez going to work answering questions and continuing to improve the product based on user negative reactions to some of the things that either were not done or not included in the original design.

Maybe you didn't catch Leftos 2.5 hour interview on what a terrific team environment and exactly how anti corporate machine Visual Concepts is as a company. ( In corporate environments in gaming Engineers don't usually "get" to design)

Maybe you haven't seen Beds answering and listening to solid critique of the new ratings system. Or myself responding to those who didn't like what they viewed in AI vs AI game-play video's released thus far.

Maybe you haven't seen me tell guys the AI will not always be fantastic, we still have a lot of work to do etc. All responses to negative feedback on things we actually have an impact on.

If in fact you haven't seen these things occur does not mean that they have not or will not continue to. But please understand it is not our job or a requirement for us to either be here or answer anything.

For the individuals you called out, this is our home. We come here everyday ANYWAY. We respect those who put so much love and attention into making the game that we make even better.

So much so that we value their opinion enough to implement suggestion from here directly into our specific area's of influence at every moment possible. (It is not always possible).

Things that have been brought up that we can't address for 15 have already been tabled for discussion on their merits and feasibility for 16.

This is what we, whom you so easily judged,are bringing to the table for OUR community. On top of the extra hours and dedication that we know anyone else here would put in if given the same opportunity.

And regarding your second post no one who fit's into your description of OSr's works on the online portion of the game and I dam sure won't publicly slander those who are busting their *** on that side of the game just to satisfy... You.

This is written with zero anger or Ill will and with all the respect, you did not deem considerate enough to give to us.

Sincerely,

OSr's now at 2k.

#SimNation #OS4Life #Don'tPlayVideoGames

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #78
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer

OGSPORTS's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Hmm. I want to preference this by saying I am not at all familiar with you or the work you may have done to benefit this community. So I will address this once and be done with it.

All I do know is that you have been a member here for less than 24 hours and yet you feel compelled to judge those who have in some cases been apart of, and served this community for over 10 years.

I don't know if you have ever held a job or been apart of a successful team ?

That is not a dig, I am clarifying that I don't know these things.

What your suggesting is that we disregard company policy or team rules to benefit or lift up ourselves so that we can in essence, keep it real.

I know of nothing that destroys a team quicker than throwing your teammates under the bus to save one's own reputation.

I know of no better way to lose a job and gainful employment than disregarding the rules that you gave your word(honor,integrity) to uphold.

We are a team. Marketing does it's thing. I don't have to agree and I don't with how we are currently sharing information on what we worked on this year.

However this is my team and I'm riding with them. They have had a hand in helping the game reach it's current status.

With you being a member for such a short period of time maybe you didn't read that thread or see those post's ?

Maybe you didn't catch Leftos and Davez going to work answering questions and continuing to improve the product based on user negative reactions to some of the things that either were not done or not included in the original design.

Maybe you didn't catch Leftos 2.5 hour interview on what a terrific team environment and exactly how anti corporate machine Visual Concepts is as a company. ( In corporate environments in gaming Engineers don't usually "get" to design)

Maybe you haven't seen Beds answering and listening to solid critique of the new ratings system. Or myself responding to those who didn't like what they viewed in AI vs AI game-play video's released thus far.

Maybe you haven't seen me tell guys the AI will not always be fantastic, we still have a lot of work to do etc. All responses to negative feedback on things we actually have an impact on.

If in fact you haven't seen these things occur does not mean that they have not or will not continue to. But please understand it is not our job or a requirement for us to either be here or answer anything.

For the individuals you called out, this is our home. We come here everyday ANYWAY. We respect those who put so much love and attention into making the game that we make even better.

So much so that we value their opinion enough to implement suggestion from here directly into our specific area's of influence at every moment possible. (It is not always possible).

Things that have been brought up that we can't address for 15 have already been tabled for discussion on their merits and feasibility for 16.

This is what we, whom you so easily judged,are bringing to the table for OUR community. On top of the extra hours and dedication that we know anyone else here would put in if given the same opportunity.

And regarding your second post no one who fit's into your description of OSr's works on the online portion of the game and I dam sure won't publicly slander those who are busting their *** on that side of the game just to satisfy... You.

This is written with zero anger or Ill will and with all the respect, you did not deem considerate enough to give to us.

Sincerely,

OSr's now at 2k.

#SimNation #OS4Life #Don'tPlayVideoGames

RIP #ArcadeNation
Old 09-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #79
Banned

I apologize for the tone of my post. Ever since my Achilles rupture, and assuming parental responsibilities, 2K has been my basketball vice. I take gameplay very seriously, and am frustrated by the lack of outward focus on this particular aspect of 2K15 as opposed to accessories, halftime shows, cheerleaders etc. Things that are last priority to a sim player.

Last edited by ImaFreeThinker; 09-19-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #80
Rookie

nextlevelshhhh's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »