Home

Less than three weeks before release...

This is a discussion on Less than three weeks before release... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #41
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Less than three weeks before release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
So, are things different this year or am I losing it? I'm very optimistic that 2K15 plays well but I'm befuddled at this point why gameplay is basically hidden or negated due to the build model.

Feel free to Chime in with your memory of previous years. Devs, can we get an ETA for some real gameplay?!
I'd love to see some full screen/HD video that isn't from a cell phone, but do you want to know what will happen when they release "official" gameplay videos?

1/3 of the community will say: Looks EXACTLY like 2k14

1/3 of the community will say: Looks great but I expected more (without elaborating on what more they want)

1/3 of the community will say: Looks better/smoother/nice animations/can't wait to play/etc

Honestly, if you want gameplay video just go watch the "leaked" stuff on youtube. I highly, highly doubt the retail version is going to look or play much differently than those, even if they are an "earlier build". Sure it doesn't look as nice, but it's better than nothing. Plus I'd bet that nothing they show us is going to blow anyone away. We know what 2k basketball plays like at this point.

Just my two cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #42
Rookie

Csmooove32's Arena

OVR: 0

Gameplay has to be coming next week anything later than that is cutting it real close to launch. It might be still people that are on the fence about getting it on the release date.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #43
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
Gameplay has to be coming next week anything later than that is cutting it real close to launch. It might be still people that are on the fence about getting it on the release date.
The whole next week should be nothing but news....gameplay, online....defense....atmosphere! Release em already!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #44
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csmooove32
Waiting for gameplay you're like

Meanwhile Ronnie 2k on twitter talking about

#NBA2K15 Preorder NOW!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:04 PM   #45
Banned

It's shocking to me that GAMEPLAY isn't front and center already..I guess that's not what sells to casuals...It's all about the wristbands/rubberbands, headbands and alternate jerseys, VC, halftime presentations and face scans...Lol.

Oh, and let's not forget the once in a lifetime awful servers...Haven't heard a peep about them...Even on OS, this topic isn't anywhere on the front page. Priorities are all out of order, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #46
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Waiting for gameplay you're like

Meanwhile Ronnie 2k on twitter talking about

#NBA2K15 Preorder NOW!

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-18-2014, 09:19 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 2

I think it behooves 2k to show gameplay. The marketing continues to get mighty peculiar. I think that there are ALOT of people waiting to see what Live brings to the table and the game is delayed. I have not preorded 2K and I am not sure that I will. I simply don't know enough about the game to decide if I want it. I can't make an honest decision about purchasing because I simply don't have enough to go off of but You tuber's vids and a few short clips of amateur cellphone video.

I am curious if the pre-order data is supporting 2k's theories about the consumers being hungry for the game? I'm not as excited this year as previous years.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:18 PM   #48
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

2K probably feels like they don't have to release any gameplay because they aren't threatened...

Imo, Live should have released gameplay by now and it would probably force 2K to answer. Live's delay kind of screwed the whole schedule up, and now 2K doesn't have to worry..

People who really wanna play basketball, and are on the fence, obviously will go to 2K first because it comes out almost a month earlier.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »