Home

Less than three weeks before release...

This is a discussion on Less than three weeks before release... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #65
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Less than three weeks before release...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
Also interesting how quickly the praised OSr's who were hired have become part of the tight-lipped, non-self critical/community open corporate machine. Even the play testers "cons" video was a strange collection of marketing pros talking points. And, the only gameplay is the hidden shaky cell cam like it's a prostitution ring bust to see the game they want me to buy.
You can't blame them for being tight-lipped; I'm sure they would love to share information, but would you risk losing your job just to talk about a few things you've done?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #66
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
You can't blame them for being tight-lipped; I'm sure they would love to share information, but would you risk losing your job just to talk about a few things you've done?
I bet they won't directly address gameplay/server problems after release either. Just generics like "some users are reporting (we won't confirm though) connection issues". You watch. I can't say that I wouldn't do as I was told also. But, they're not who they used to be. Muted freedom of expression.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 AM   #67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Just listen to what he says and imagine how it looks in the game in your head
Old 09-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #68
Banned

Less then 3 weeks and still no announcement for crew on next-gen..
Old 09-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #69
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
Also interesting how quickly the praised OSr's who were hired have become part of the tight-lipped, non-self critical/community open corporate machine. Even the play testers "cons" video was a strange collection of marketing pros talking points. And, the only gameplay is the hidden shaky cell cam like it's a prostitution ring bust to see the game they want me to buy.
Hmm. I want to preference this by saying I am not at all familiar with you or the work you may have done to benefit this community. So I will address this once and be done with it.

All I do know is that you have been a member here for less than 24 hours and yet you feel compelled to judge those who have in some cases been apart of, and served this community for over 10 years.

I don't know if you have ever held a job or been apart of a successful team ?

That is not a dig, I am clarifying that I don't know these things.

What your suggesting is that we disregard company policy or team rules to benefit or lift up ourselves so that we can in essence, keep it real.

I know of nothing that destroys a team quicker than throwing your teammates under the bus to save one's own reputation.

I know of no better way to lose a job and gainful employment than disregarding the rules that you gave your word(honor,integrity) to uphold.

We are a team. Marketing does it's thing. I don't have to agree and I don't with how we are currently sharing information on what we worked on this year.

However this is my team and I'm riding with them. They have had a hand in helping the game reach it's current status.

With you being a member for such a short period of time maybe you didn't read that thread or see those post's ?

Maybe you didn't catch Leftos and Davez going to work answering questions and continuing to improve the product based on user negative reactions to some of the things that either were not done or not included in the original design.

Maybe you didn't catch Leftos 2.5 hour interview on what a terrific team environment and exactly how anti corporate machine Visual Concepts is as a company. ( In corporate environments in gaming Engineers don't usually "get" to design)

Maybe you haven't seen Beds answering and listening to solid critique of the new ratings system. Or myself responding to those who didn't like what they viewed in AI vs AI game-play video's released thus far.

Maybe you haven't seen me tell guys the AI will not always be fantastic, we still have a lot of work to do etc. All responses to negative feedback on things we actually have an impact on.

If in fact you haven't seen these things occur does not mean that they have not or will not continue to. But please understand it is not our job or a requirement for us to either be here or answer anything.

For the individuals you called out, this is our home. We come here everyday ANYWAY. We respect those who put so much love and attention into making the game that we make even better.

So much so that we value their opinion enough to implement suggestion from here directly into our specific area's of influence at every moment possible. (It is not always possible).

Things that have been brought up that we can't address for 15 have already been tabled for discussion on their merits and feasibility for 16.

This is what we, whom you so easily judged,are bringing to the table for OUR community. On top of the extra hours and dedication that we know anyone else here would put in if given the same opportunity.

And regarding your second post no one who fit's into your description of OSr's works on the online portion of the game and I dam sure won't publicly slander those who are busting their *** on that side of the game just to satisfy... You.

This is written with zero anger or Ill will and with all the respect, you did not deem considerate enough to give to us.

Sincerely,

OSr's now at 2k.

#SimNation #OS4Life #Don'tPlayVideoGames
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #70
dtq
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Hmm. I want to preference this by saying I am not at all familiar with you or the work you may have done to benefit this community. So I will address this once and be done with it.

Sincerely,

OSr's now at 2k.

#SimNation #OS4Life #Don'tPlayVideoGames
Old 09-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #71
Rookie

jr2424's Arena

OVR: 13

I am surprised by the lack of information so close to release. I've been following this series closely since 2k7 and I know the marketing dept.'s history of saving everything to the last minute. But I thought by this time in previous years we've had official gameplay videos, developer breakdowns and even inching closer to a demo date. I wouldn't blame the OSer's who are now on the 2K staff. They don't control it. The marketing for this series has been, in my opinion, mishandled for many years. But the gameplay -- and the sheer lack of competition -- have made the marketing's missteps irrelevant to sales.

I'm not going to come out here and say I'm not going to buy the game because of this. That wouldn't be true at all. But this yearly tease of information that is vital to this series' core fans has gone way past frustrating. I blame only the marketing team and those who have hired and continue to keep them on staff. I don't know how other games handle this (I don't follow Madden, The Show or NHL as closely as NBA), but other games in other genres don't do this.

I have to believe the devs and the OSer's on staff want to tell us everything we want to know. I'm sure they're confident in their product. All this marketing strategy does year after year is frustrate those who love the product, who tell others how great the product is and who help sales by word of mouth. No, we don't make the game a commercial success. The talented and dedicated people who make it do. I could only image how frustrated they must be, even though I know that venting that frustration would be counterproductive to the overall team.

Still love the series, still all in for 2K15. Just weary from the lack of consistent information.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Last edited by jr2424; 09-19-2014 at 01:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #72
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

What Da Czar said. Couldn't have put it better myself.
Novato, CA, USA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »