Home

Less than three weeks before release...

This is a discussion on Less than three weeks before release... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Less than three weeks before release...

Well, I can truly say I'm more of a Lurker than a poster. I observed how many people complained in July, August and even early September that there was not enough shown from 2K. Nevertheless, the rebuttals came flying with links and videos from what we have seen from 2K in the previous years to shut it down.

Thinking back, I do not think I recall 'official' gameplay videos taking this long. Sure we have received information but actual gameplay seems like a magic unicorn. Was it always like this? The diligent people that corrected others, feel free to correct me.

My biggest beef is 2K reps continuing to reassure us all gameplay videos are "old builds." I understand that completely but if that's the case AND your game is possibly gone gold at this point, why not release the first half which will include the intro, gameplay, improvements with crowd AND the new halftime show? I only see this benefiting 2K immesenly if it's a solid iteration this year.

So, are things different this year or am I losing it? I'm very optimistic that 2K15 plays well but I'm befuddled at this point why gameplay is basically hidden or negated due to the build model.

Feel free to Chime in with your memory of previous years. Devs, can we get an ETA for some real gameplay?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 06:02 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Less than three weeks before release...

Couple reason I think we have not seen official gameplay videos yet.
For one, I think they are still polishing the gameplay. They just had their Team Up a couple days ago and they took feedback from those who were invited, they are probably trying to fix the issues they detected.

Two, their really nothing flashy to show off about gameplay this year, looks like they worked on fixing cheese, improving defense, improving spacing, and resolving various other legacy issues that go unnoticed by looking short video clips. Expect the gameplay to be more polish rather than some dramatic change, they are probably trying to mitigate the, it looks the same complaints.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Well, I can truly say I'm more of a Lurker than a poster. I observed how many people complained in July, August and even early September that there was not enough shown from 2K. Nevertheless, the rebuttals came flying with links and videos from what we have seen from 2K in the previous years to shut it down.

Thinking back, I do not think I recall 'official' gameplay videos taking this long. Sure we have received information but actual gameplay seems like a magic unicorn. Was it always like this? The diligent people that corrected others, feel free to correct me.

My biggest beef is 2K reps continuing to reassure us all gameplay videos are "old builds." I understand that completely but if that's the case AND your game is possibly gone gold at this point, why not release the first half which will include the intro, gameplay, improvements with crowd AND the new halftime show? I only see this benefiting 2K immesenly if it's a solid iteration this year.

So, are things different this year or am I losing it? I'm very optimistic that 2K15 plays well but I'm befuddled at this point why gameplay is basically hidden or negated due to the build model.

Feel free to Chime in with your memory of previous years. Devs, can we get an ETA for some real gameplay?!

I don't find it a big deal. I have been playing sports games since R.B.I. Baseball in 1987. Back then there was no such thing as gameplay videos obviously. Of course I realize times are different. But we are spoiled gamers these days. They will release videos. They have their reasons for the schedule they are following. We are obviously excited if we are lurking on these forums. Just don't turn your anticipation, and impatience into pessimistic rants and doomsday predictions. Just my two cents.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Canquain's Arena

OVR: 4

Less then 3 weeks and still no announcement for crew on next-gen..
Old 09-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrtelford
I don't find it a big deal. I have been playing sports games since R.B.I. Baseball in 1987. Back then there was no such thing as gameplay videos obviously. Of course I realize times are different. But we are spoiled gamers these days. They will release videos. They have their reasons for the schedule they are following. We are obviously excited if we are lurking on these forums. Just don't turn your anticipation, and impatience into pessimistic rants and doomsday predictions. Just my two cents.
Yeah, I've been playing sports games since late 90's and played ALL 2K titles religiously since their inception. However, I'm far from pessimistic at this point but more or less curious. If I'm wrong, correct me but I think I remember much more gameplay videos 3 weeks from release. You think this is the way of the future?

PS: I think we had lack of videos in the 80's and 90's due to internet not being what it is today. In the 2000's, info prior to release was vastly different and more in abundance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Yeah, I've been playing sports games since late 90's and played ALL 2K titles religiously since their inception. However, I'm far from pessimistic at this point but more or less curious. If I'm wrong, correct me but I think I remember much more gameplay videos 3 weeks from release. You think this is the way of the future?

PS: I think we had lack of videos in the 80's and 90's due to internet not being what it is today. In the 2000's, info prior to release was vastly different and more in abundance.

Im not really sure. Theory 1. Marketing is trying a new way to gain hype. Or 2. They are utilizing every single second before it goes gold to make sure game is something they are super proud of and in turn videos of final build are being delayed a tad bit. 3. They like watching us squirm.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:43 PM   #7
Banned

probably because the gameplay is the same as 14, which is the same as 13.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Icon6 Re: Less than three weeks before release...

Less than 3 weeks and we have heard alot by the Team 2k members and much ground has been covered. They have even mentioned that there is alot we haven't heard about. This 2k will be great but the beginning of greatness. I cant wait til Oct. 7th

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »